FIFA 17 PRO CLUBS HOW TO GET SKILL POINTS??

Does anyone know how many extra skill points there are to unlock and how to unlock each of them,

thanks

Comments

• Ok so here is an update, skill points are earned by playing pro clubs, I'm not entirely sure what you have to do in specific but it seems to be just playing matches against other clubs but don't quote me on this as it could be something that I'm doing in a match but just keep playing matches so you rack up games played, you will keep earning SP. You will not earn extra skill points by playing drop ins. it's only being in a pro club n playing against other clubs that will let you earn more points, so far I'm up to 13 points in total, I cannot see if I can get anymore atm as my trial for fifa 17 has ended, anyway I hope this helps answer the question that anyone has regarding how to get skill points
  • I SiR MartY I
    5423 posts Big Money Move
    You start with 6 and get 1 for every OVR you go up.

Not sure if they cap off after a certain amount of time but it looks like people who play multiple positions and rank up their pros in different positions will earn more skill points.

No cap to how many traits you can have on at once so if you earn enough skill points, you can have all the traits at once.
  • No, if you get 1 skill point when your OVR goes up, then you have like 11 points to spend if you're a 91 rated and already spent the 6 you started with.

I've already used my 6. And the attributes I've yet to unlock requires me to have 42 more points to be able to unlock them all. In that case my PRO would have an OVR of 120+.

So you are pretty much NOT able to max your pro out if you only get 1 for each rank up.
  • I SiR MartY I
    edited September 2016
    Hoddevik wrote: »
    No, if you get 1 skill point when your OVR goes up, then you have like 11 points to spend if you're a 91 rated and already spent the 6 you started with.

I've already used my 6. And the attributes I've yet to unlock requires me to have 42 more points to be able to unlock them all. In that case my PRO would have an OVR of 120+.

So you are pretty much NOT able to max your pro out if you only get 1 for each rank up.

You're not going to be a 91 CB if you spend all your time in ST. When you change positions, your rating and OVR will drop/increase depending on what you've already done so there is more OVR to rank up depending on what positions you earn skill points from.

If you earn OVR for every position such as LM/LB/CDM/CAM/GK then you're going to earn crazy amounts of skill points depending on what the max is for every position.

I'm just going by the leaderboards and ratings in previous years to get an estimate here

You start with 6

STs start at 78/79 and max out around 90 so that's 12 skill points potentially

AM starts at 81 and maxes out around 90/91 so that's another 9 skill points potentially

DMs start at 78/79 and max out around 87/88 so that's another 10 potential skill points potentially

CBs start at 78/79 and usually max out at 88/89 so that's another 10 skill points potentially

GKs start at 79/80 and usually max out around 88 so that's 9 skill points potentially

Not adding FBs and wide midfielders as it may just be ATT/MID/DEF/GK but if you keep earning skill points even at higher ratings for every 1 OVR then you could get up to 56 skill points, maybe more, we all know things like pace can be earned at ST and will boost your rating in other positions so it may reduce how many you can earn in the long run but if the numbers are anything like that then you're going to be able to buy all traits as they cost 48 total.
  • Beta
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    No, if you get 1 skill point when your OVR goes up, then you have like 11 points to spend if you're a 91 rated and already spent the 6 you started with.

You're not going to be a 91 CB if you spend all your time in ST. When you change positions, your rating and OVR will drop/increase depending on what you've already done so there is more OVR to rank up depending on what positions you earn skill points from.

If you earn OVR for every position such as LM/LB/CDM/CAM/GK then you're going to earn crazy amounts of skill points depending on what the max is for every position.

I'm just going by the leaderboards and ratings in previous years to get an estimate here

You start with 6

AM starts at 81 and maxes out around 90/91 so that's another 9 skill points potentially

DMs start at 78/79 and max out around 87/88 so that's another 10 potential skill points potentially

CBs start at 78/79 and usually max out at 88/89 so that's another 10 skill points potentially

GKs start at 79/80 and usually max out around 88 so that's 9 skill points potentially

Not adding FBs and wide midfielders as it may just be ATT/MID/DEF/GK but if you keep earning skill points even at higher ratings for every 1 OVR then you could get up to 56 skill points, maybe more, we all know things like pace can be earned at ST and will boost your rating in other positions so it may reduce how many you can earn in the long run but if the numbers are anything like that then you're going to be able to buy all traits as they cost 48 total.

So if it's what you said, then after enough games played, everyone is mostly the same as in previous pro club as they can end up buy all traits.
  • Mart
    8009 posts League Winner

You start with 6

Need to sweat it out in every position to get them skill points before VFL starts.
  • MaximSVK
    70 posts Park Captain
    I don't think it works exactly like that Marty, because when you for example grow your CAM to a 90 OVR and then make a striker build, you will not start from 78 OVR anymore. So I don't think we can earn those 56 skill points, more like around 30-40.
  • Rinoa
    997 posts Professional
    Only problem I can see is that where does it leave people who play drops ins to raise pro? Are you saying it only gives you skill points if you play actual pro matches instead of drops in? Because you could max your pro only playing drops ins and then have still have the 6 skil points, seems a bit unfair.
  • I SiR MartY I
    MaximSVK wrote: »
    I don't think it works exactly like that Marty, because when you for example grow your CAM to a 90 OVR and then make a striker build, you will not start from 78 OVR anymore. So I don't think we can earn those 56 skill points, more like around 30-40.

I said that at the end of my post that stats like pace or skill you earn in ST will obviously boost your rating in other positions but it won't max you out, you'll still have at least 4-5 overall to go up.

I think if you play enough in lots of positions, you'll get enough skill points to buy everything.
    Beta wrote: »

You start with 6

So if it's what you said, then after enough games played, everyone is mostly the same as in previous pro club as they can end up buy all traits.

Pretty much.

Mart wrote: »

You start with 6

Need to sweat it out in every position to get them skill points before VFL starts.

Haha, I doubt ill be playing much VFL this Fifa, got no cursor, can't tell who I'm controlling.
  • Ive been playing as a RF only no other positions played and as mentioned above im on 13 skill points upto now im pretty sure theres more to get also the full game isnt released so when it does there could be something that will explain how to unlock them
  • I have not gained a single skill point I'm 82 overall effect. I moved 3 ovrs up and never got 3 skill points
  • I hear you can only gain them in league matches and cup matches and not in drop-in matches. Is this true? If so then thats sort of a bad move.
  • From the beta you could get to 95 CAM which meant a 94 ST or 92 CB, all without skill points but I imagine they have patched that now.
  • It has nothing to do with your overall rating. They can only be earned by playing on a club (not drop ins). Various actions seem to grant skill points (being promoted/ maybe being man of the match). There seem to be some other reasons they get awarded as well, but once again must be playing on a club
  • Dizz
    139 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You wouldnt rank up each individual position. You rank up your player. A 91 striker would be an 87 CAM probably.
  • Kitchmix
    35 posts Last Pick at the Park
    EA need to validate on how this works... EA?... over to you...
  • Rinoa
    997 posts Professional
    Can confirm at least you dont get skill points in drop in matches, tried about 10 games in different positions, got lots player growth but no skill points, looks like you need to unlock skill points by playing in a clubs team
  • nixdrauf
    276 posts Sunday League Hero
    yeah, playing club games you get some ... for what exactly .. not sure
  • So, if i play drop in until my pro is 88-89, and then play pro clubs, ill not get the same skills points as another player who always played pro clubs?
  • 24 skill points seems to be the maximum you can have in total still not sure how to aquire them but now imo I'd say it's games played
  • Ertrko
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The thing is can you have some pacey player with 6'0 height in the new system or still 5'8 players everywhere?
  • Ertrko
    No one has any idea?
  • nixdrauf
    edited September 2016
    Ertrko wrote: »
    The thing is can you have some pacey player with 6'0 height in the new system or still 5'8 players everywhere?

to be honest i didnt had a real close look, just play play play lol - you cant be as fast as a small player, but 2 things are little different

1) the stamina handling is better - you dont have the feeling people run 90 minutes, but you also dont really feel tired too fast ... this helps with playing bigger players
    2) the differences are little smaller about what you loose in speed etc when you make the pro bigger i think, all in all quite a lot of bigger player run around - you can check that whereever, videos etc, dont know, just an impression

• Ertrko
    Thanks nixdrauf
  • nixdrauf
    edited September 2016
  • Ertrko
    Perfect
  • DannyUK
    411 posts Sunday League Hero
    Does this only apply to clubs? I've been playing drop in, I started off with 5 points and I'm not overall 86 but received nothing, not 1 skill point.
  • nixdrauf
    only clubs yeah
  • DannyUK
    411 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've wasted to playing drop in matches then because i've lost the point I would have got for getting to 86, that's around 10 points or more I think. That is wrong, they should have explained that points is only available in clubs itself.
  • nixdrauf
    thats not really a problem, as your player is getting better in drop ins too and enough time to do club games :)