Login Verification (Email)

glennuk1
88 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Hey,

I know some people where struggling to get the login verification email with the secure code.

Just FYI, I contacted chat after waiting for an email for a couple of hours, and they fixed it straight away. So just in case someone is getting frustrated like I did, try chat (I have criticized them in the past, but hoping they are improving).

Comments

• Think I will do this when I have some time. It is annoying to not getake my verification code for a few hours after requesting it. By then the companion app needs to be re-opened and then I have to wait for another one. Don't want to waste my access time doing squad stuff so the web app would be nice to get into again.

Thanks for posting.
  • problem is we can no longer connect to the chat
  • MaestroPirlo21
    1220 posts Professional
    I found a solution to this issue. I went into my profile and changed to code to be sent to my mobile and now if is sent immediately. Hope this works for everyone else as well.
  • MattyD1000
    87 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Profile in where?
  • MattyD1000 wrote: »
    Profile in where?

Origin profile page. Sign in to your ea account and then go to security settings and you can change the way you wish to receive the verification code. Change it to mobile text.
  • Places to get the code on the phone.
    :)
  • KnowVengeance1991
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    If you go into your origin account you can get 6 backup codes I believe that will work also. Easy fix. Go bottom left avatar select account and billing. Then security then change it and it will give you your back up codes after
  • nice ideas but i cant even log in to Origin without a security code which they send to my mail acc which i dont receive in time..
  • jaccarla
    191 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    To change to text message you dont have to need a security code. Is that not working with a secret question? I have changed it also with no security code. i must answer a secret question.
  • glennuk1
    88 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Jones177 wrote: »
    nice ideas but i cant even log in to Origin without a security code which they send to my mail acc which i dont receive in time..

You can still go to ea chat and they will fix it for you.

I could not get into origin either, but just gave them my name, email and they found me.