Origin Access - FIFA 17 is a demo - I feel cheated

Verdi42
76 posts Park Captain
On non of the official EA-sites I could find something about the Origin Access for FIFA 17 being something else than the full game. In fact, in the FAQ for Origin Access it says that it's not a demo, but the full game, so progress can be caried over. Then I found this, saying that not all modes are playable: http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/fifa_17/news/fifa_17_ea_access_trial_limited_to_fifa_ultimate_team_and_some_single-player_campaign.html

And right now I'm downloading the early access, and it says (demo) and is only 26.92 GB. So EA, why would you do this? I only got the Origin Access in order to play FIFA 17 early, and now I can only play two modes I really don't care about? As a customer, I feel cheated.

Comments

• Isn't it possible to give the guys who preordered the game early FULL access via EA access? Please EA this is really sad for all the preorderer! I need more than 10 hours and prefere to play coop season with my best friend.
  • nixdrauf
    276 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2016
    actually its out now, so why talk about the irritations that came from a bad statement, as it is corrected?

all game modes are playable, just the journey is limited somehow
  • Placebo_PRS
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Verdi42 wrote: »
    On non of the official EA-sites I could find something about the Origin Access for FIFA 17 being something else than the full game. In fact, in the FAQ for Origin Access it says that it's not a demo, but the full game, so progress can be caried over. Then I found this, saying that not all modes are playable: http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/fifa_17/news/fifa_17_ea_access_trial_limited_to_fifa_ultimate_team_and_some_single-player_campaign.html

And right now I'm downloading the early access, and it says (demo) and is only 26.92 GB. So EA, why would you do this? I only got the Origin Access in order to play FIFA 17 early, and now I can only play two modes I really don't care about? As a customer, I feel cheated.

All you had to do was look on twitter.

FNkgfxY.jpg
    C5SlYyD.jpg

• Verdi42
    76 posts Park Captain
    Allright, I take it all back. I assumed it was a limited version because it said (demo) and was only 26.92 GB, and because various news sites posted it was in fact limited. At least EA could work on their communication...
  • Placebo_PRS
    At least EA could work on their communication...

Yes there I completely agree, their blog posts about it were extremely poorly written solely because they wanted to focus attention on the Journey as well as FUT which then made it sound like they were all that was included, many people not just yourself fell into their trap.
  • BSDShoes
    1590 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2016
    Ton of false crap in those, all modes are there but journey is limited for very obvious reasons.

Mind pointing out where it said "demo"? There's the demo (8GB) and the FIFA 17 standard/deluxe/super deluxe (30GB), it nowhere said "demo" in those- maybe you misread that as "trial"? It's the FULL game.
  • Verdi42
    76 posts Park Captain
    edited September 2016
    In Origin, when downloading and installing the trial version, it sais "FIFA 17 (demo)". Not trial, demo. And no, I'm not looking at the actual demo. I can see the difference because the actual demo has a blue banner on top, the version I'm looking at doesn't.

By the way, it's very inconvienent that there is no possibility to see how much time you've got left on the trial.
  • BSDShoes
    1590 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2016
    By the way, it's very inconvienent that there is no possibility to see how much time you've got left on the trial.

It shows you in Origin and also in the overlay (top right) when launching the game.
    f1UohtT.png
  • Verdi42
    76 posts Park Captain
    Thanks. I just asked a guy from EA chat help where I could find it, and he said it wasn't possible. Again the communication fails.
  • BSDShoes
    1590 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thanks. I just asked a guy from EA chat help where I could find it, and he said it wasn't possible. Again the communication fails.

EA support are among the most useless I've seen, someone I know talked to EA support and was told that there'd be no early access for Origin users. lol
  • Placebo_PRS
    EA Support are just a bunch of dudes at a call centre in India, like most rich companies EA outsource their support work to low wage Indians who read from a script.