JoshDFC
2146 posts Fans' Favourite
1/3

Comments

• JoshDFC
    edited May 2015
    2aepmad.png

Liverpool can confirm that Brendan Rodgers has left the club after 2 years at the helm. The decision came after a meeting last Friday at Melwood. The club has released a statement

Liverpool Football Club can confirm that Brendan Rodgers has left the club after a meeting last Friday we wish Brendan all the best in his future and thank him for all he has done for the club. Tom Werner had this to say in regards to his exit “I would like to thank Brendan for everything he has done for the club including coming agonizingly close to winning the Premier League last term but after a meeting last Friday we both agreed it was best if he left the club after it became obvious we had different ideas on how to take the club forward. We have spent a lot of money this summer and hope whoever replaces Brendan can gel the team together as quickly as possible so we can push on and continue to strive forward.”

Brendan also released a statement “I would like to thank Liverpool FC for giving me the opportunity to manage this great club I would like to thank the fans who showed me great support ever since I took over. I am deeply saddened to be leaving the club but after a meeting last Friday I realised my future lay elsewhere my plan is to take a little break from football and way up my options in the future.”
    Post edited by JoshDFC on
  • JoshDFC
    edited May 2015
    280p8d2.png

Liverpool are pleased to announce Jorge Jesus as our new manager after the departure of Brendan Rodgers last week. Jorge joins after leading Benfica to a historic treble last season and was unlucky to miss out on the quadruple losing on penalties to Sevilla in the Europa league final. Jorge has signed a 2 year deal with the option of a third we caught up with the new manager.

Q: Jorge welcome to the club. How happy are you to be joining Liverpool?
    A: Liverpool is a giant in European football, Last season was a great season for me at Benfica and I am ready for this exciting challenge.

Q: Liverpool have spent £100 million on transfers what do you make of the players Brendan brought in?
    A: I obviously know Lazar (Markovic) from his time with me at Benfica, he has exceptional potential. Everyone knows about the quality of Balotelli, Lallana and Lovren and Manquillo, Moreno and Can have brilliant potential but Lambert I don’t know as much about.

Q: Talk is that you are trying to negotiate to bring Divock Origi to the club early from his loan is that likely?
    A: No I have a lot of strikers already at the club and I want to see them all in action. For him to be at a top team like Lille playing every week is only going to help him. In January we will reassess the situation but for now he will remain at Lille.

Q: Reports have linked Liverpool with several players from the Portuguese league will you be going to Portugal to sign a few players when the window re opens?
    A: I want to look at the team first I want to give everyone a chance to prove themselves then we will sit down and negotiate who to sign will I sign anyone from Portugal I would be stupid not to no one knows that league better then me.

Q: Steven Gerrard is leaving at the end of the season have you lined up any targets to replace him?
    A: Maybe his replacement is here already Allen, Lucas, Henderson or Emre Can they will get their chance but I think we will be one midfielder short come the season end so we must locate our targets.
    Post edited by JoshDFC on
  • PizziPizza
    14040 posts Has That Special Something
    Jorge Jesus? Seems interesting enough! Bookmarked!
  • JoshDFC
    PizziPizza wrote: »
    Jorge Jesus? Seems interesting enough! Bookmarked!

Someone I've not seen on here who has done a great job at Benfica
  • Alastair
    10255 posts Moderator
    Good luck with this.

Can I assume you will be signing a lot of players from Portugal?
  • Ashy
    13875 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 2015
    good luck man, if there is one playing I want you to buy from Benfica it is Anderson Talisca ;)
  • JoshDFC
    Alastair wrote: »
    Good luck with this.

Can I assume you will be signing a lot of players from Portugal?

Planning on turning off transfers in first window but after that I will be signing a few from there

Ashy wrote: »
    good luck man, if there is one playing I want you to buy from Benfica it is Anderson Talisca ;)

Will scout him to see what he is like
  • JoshDFC
    edited May 2015
    4/4
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16645 posts World Class
    Has Brendan left? :)
  • JoshDFC
    Has Brendan left? :)

Yeah just did the update of him leaving
  • JoshDFC
    okbok3.png

Liverpool started their pre-season campaign with a comfortable 4-0 win over Le Havre at Anfield. In a game Liverpool dominated from the first minute it was Balotelli who opened the scoring after 23 minutes when he was found unmarked 8 yards out by Manquillo the Italian headed past the helpless de Pinho, Liverpool doubled their lead 6 minutes before half time Sturridge cutting in from the right he used a burst of pace to dodge past 2 players before slotting past de Pinho at his near post. Liverpool made it 3-0 5 minutes into the 2nd half Lovren broke out of defence before playing Balotelli through the Italian waited for the keeper to commit before passing to Sturridge who slid the ball into the empty net. Then came the best goal of the game an amazing team goal that consisted of 23 passes being finished off with a lovely one two between Balotelli and Sterling with the Italian firing past de Pinho to complete a comfortable win for Liverpool after the game we spoke to Jorge Jesus.

Q: Jorge a comfortable win in your first game in charge what did you make of your sides performance?
    A: Today was a great team performance we pressed Le Havre high up and attacked with intelligence. I told the players they have to be fit playing for me because I want them closing opponents down and today they played very well we had a hard working mentality which is important for me.

Q: Balotelli got man of the match he has a lot of critics what did you make of his performance?
    A: Today Mario played fantastic. He worked hard when we didn’t have the ball but he when we had it he was even better he showed it all goals, creativity, strength, pace and skill it was a complete performance.

Q: Was todays team the team likely to start on the opening day against Southampton?
    A: They played well but other players will get their chance we still have 2 games in pre-season left for them to have an impact

We also caught up with Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard

Q: Steven a tough couple of weeks for Liverpool with Brendan losing his job how it important was it Jorge started with a win today?
    A: I think it was very important Brendan did a great job here but the club obviously wanted someone new and judging by what I’ve seen so far Jorge is a great coach

Q: Your last year at Liverpool do you think you can go out with a league title under Jorge?
    A: Yeah, I certainly hope so anyway but it’s a long season and after coming so close last year we want to win it this time around we just need to get off to a good start.
  • PizziPizza
    14040 posts Has That Special Something
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    okbok3.png

Liverpool started their pre-season campaign with a comfortable 4-0 win over Le Havre at Anfield. In a game Liverpool dominated from the first minute it was Balotelli who opened the scoring after 23 minutes when he was found unmarked 8 yards out by Manquillo the Italian headed past the helpless de Pinho, Liverpool doubled their lead 6 minutes before half time Sturridge cutting in from the right he used a burst of pace to dodge past 2 players before slotting past de Pinho at his near post. Liverpool made it 3-0 5 minutes into the 2nd half Lovren broke out of defence before playing Balotelli through the Italian waited for the keeper to commit before passing to Sturridge who slid the ball into the empty net. Then came the best goal of the game an amazing team goal that consisted of 23 passes being finished off with a lovely one two between Balotelli and Sterling with the Italian firing past de Pinho to complete a comfortable win for Liverpool after the game we spoke to Jorge Jesus.

Q: Jorge a comfortable win in your first game in charge what did you make of your sides performance?
    A: Today was a great team performance we pressed Le Havre high up and attacked with intelligence. I told the players they have to be fit playing for me because I want them closing opponents down and today they played very well we had a hard working mentality which is important for me.

Q: Balotelli got man of the match he has a lot of critics what did you make of his performance?
    A: Today Mario played fantastic. He worked hard when we didn’t have the ball but he when we had it he was even better he showed it all goals, creativity, strength, pace and skill it was a complete performance.

Q: Was todays team the team likely to start on the opening day against Southampton?
    A: They played well but other players will get their chance we still have 2 games in pre-season left for them to have an impact

We also caught up with Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard

Q: Steven a tough couple of weeks for Liverpool with Brendan losing his job how it important was it Jorge started with a win today?
    A: I think it was very important Brendan did a great job here but the club obviously wanted someone new and judging by what I’ve seen so far Jorge is a great coach

Q: Your last year at Liverpool do you think you can go out with a league title under Jorge?
    A: Yeah, I certainly hope so anyway but it’s a long season and after coming so close last year we want to win it this time around we just need to get off to a good start.

Great stuff! Balo is a top striker if used correctly, and i think he will shine this season
  • JoshDFC
    Think him and Sturridge can have a great season for me I have used Balo before on fifa and he is a great player and Sturridge is just a goalscoring machine it seems
  • JoshDFC
    jihks4.png

Liverpool continued their impressive pre-season form with a 2-0 victory away to AS Monaco after a spectacular display by Simon Mignolet. Monaco came closest to scoring in the first half Echiejiles ball through found Bahamboula unmarked 9 yards out he took a touch before rolling the ball under Mignolet but his shot hit the post. Liverpool took the lead 15 minutes into the 2nd half Lallana dodged past a poor challenge by Abdennour into the box and fired past Sy at his near post, Liverpool doubled their lead with 10 minutes left a brilliant counter from a Monaco corner Skrtel found Ibe on the halfway line he played a through ball down the wing to Borini who found himself up against Abdennour the Italian cut the ball inside to Henderson who ran through on goal rounded the keeper before slotting into an empty net. We caught up with Liverpool manager Jorge Jesus after the game who gave us his thoughts on the win.

Q: Jorge your team weren’t at their best today but managed to win what did you make of the performance?
    A: We played against a team who will compete with us in the Champions League, we came here played some great football and scored two goals so I am happy with our performance.

Q: In the first half your team managed just one shot compared to Monacos seven do you think your team deserved to win?
    A: Yes because in the full match we scored two goals and they couldn’t beat Simon (Mignolet) who was in great form so the better team won.

We also caught up with Vice Captain Jordan Henderson on his thoughts

Q: Jordan a goal for you and victory number two in pre-season what do you make of the new manager?
    A: I think he’s come in under a lot of pressure in pre-season and put his ideas across I mean Brendan Rodgers was a popular figure at the club after coming so close to the title last season but Jorge has come in and instantly put his own ideas across and has demanded a lot from us both in training and out on the pitch.

Q: You seem to have changed formation and he seems to have everyone closing the opposition down is that something he’s demanding?
    A: Yeah definitely if you’re not running and the balls in or around your area of the pitch he wants to know why so it takes a lot physically

Q: Do you think that Liverpool can go one step further in the title race this season?
    A: I hope so we have more experience under our belts this season because of last year so this year we want to win it and with Jorge coming in after a treble with Benfica last season I believe we can do it
  • dannyboy
    12953 posts Has That Special Something
    Interesting choice of manager :p Your tactics seem to be working well.
  • JoshDFC
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Interesting choice of manager :p Your tactics seem to be working well.

I think he is very under rated done a great job at Benfica
  • JoshDFC
    20jfsat.png

Liverpool ended their pre-season with a defeat at the hands of German outfit Borussia Monchengladbach. The German side took the lead through a controversial penalty in the thirtieth Thorgan Hazard going down after a challenge from Emre Can the younger brother of Eden Hazard certainly looked to make the most of minimal contact by the young German, Max Kruse stepped up and smashed the ball straight down the middle with Mignolet diving left. Liverpools best chance fell to Danny Sturridge who was played through on goal by Lallana but his shot was saved by Sommer. After the game we caught up with Jorge Jesus.

Q: Jorge although it’s only a friendly your first defeat what did you make of the game?
    A: I think that it was a very tight game both teams created chances but we were unlucky because their keeper played very well.

Q: What did you make of the penalty incident?
    A: I think that Thorgan has made the most of it but Can shouldn’t have committed because he didn’t win the ball and slightly caught the man who has decided to go down.

Q: Do you feel ready for the new season that starts in just a couple of weeks?
    A: Yes I think we are ready for competitive games the team are improving physically there getting fitter and have adjusted well to my tactics and what I want them to do out there.
  • Nice idea! i think you should try to sign Christian Tello from Porto when his loan expires!
  • LaMertesackerRun
    6220 posts Big Money Move
    Nice updates so far. Interesting manager choice. Pretty good results atm. Good luck. :)
  • JoshDFC
    Clyn123 wrote: »
    Nice idea! i think you should try to sign Christian Tello from Porto when his loan expires!

Cheers Will have a look at him see what hes like
    Nice updates so far. Interesting manager choice. Pretty good results atm. Good luck. :)

Cheers only pre season but Sturridge is playing well
  • JoshDFC
    2ik8dax.png

Liverpool started there Premier League campaign with a comfortable 2-0 home victory against Southampton. Liverpool took the lead after sixteen minutes Raheem Sterling cut in from the right and spotted the run of Sturridge he played the England international through and he placed the ball right footed past the on rushing Forster. Southampton almost equalised on the stroke of half time Ward-Prowse’s cross from the left found Pelle free at the back post but his header hit the bar. Liverpool doubled their lead three minutes into the second half Balotellis shot was well saved by Forster the ball fell back to the Italian whose pass took a deflection off Alderweireld and fell to Sturridge two yards out and he slotted into the empty net. After the game we caught up with Jorge Jesus.

Q: Jorge a win in your first competitive game what did you make of your teams performance?
    A: We dominated the match and got three points I’m happy with how we played we created opportunities against a very good Southampton team.

Q: Daniel Sturridge scored twice today what did you make of his performance?
    A: He played great he had two opportunities to score and he scored two goals. He is an important player for us and I think he is the best striker in the league.

Q: The average age of your starting eleven today was just twenty three how much potential do you see in this team?
    A: We are trying to build a special team a team that will stay at the top for a long time. This team has some special young players and if they have the right attitude they will have great careers.

We also caught up with Danny Sturridge

Q: Danny two goals to start the season how do you feel heading into this season?
    A: I’m feeling good to be honest I got a few goals in pre-season and to be playing in a team that wants to attack I know I’m going to get chances and today I scored two goals

Q: Your second goal was that the easiest goal you have ever scored?
    A: Yeah haha it was really lucky the way it fell to me when I was in so much space and it probably was harder to miss then it was to score

Q: Jorge Jesus said you’re the best striker in the league what do you make of his comments and how he has settled in?
    A: I know he has confidence in me he's told me how important he thinks I am to the team and I’m obviously happy to pay him back with a few goals I think he has done a great job here so far but its early days he certainly demands a lot from the team
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    567 posts Sunday League Hero
    Good luck!

Personally not a fan of the red square in the middle of the scores, but it works and draws attention.

Liking the Q&A though!
  • LaMertesackerRun
    6220 posts Big Money Move
    Good win. :)
  • JoshDFC
    ZzxL14MxzZ wrote: »
    Good luck!

Personally not a fan of the red square in the middle of the scores, but it works and draws attention.

Liking the Q&A though!

Good win. :)

Cheers :D
  • JoshDFC
    2j4ahjn.png

The first big clash of the seasons ended 1-1 after Mario Balotelli came back to haunt his former club cancelling out Agueros opener. Manchester City took the lead after just 16 minutes Jovetics header was well saved by Mignolet but Aguero reacted first to put the ball into the corner. Liverpool equalised after twenty minutes Zabaleta bringing down Coutinho from behind after good skill from the Brazilian, Up stepped former Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli who smashed the ball into the top corner with Hart staying put. After the game we caught up with Jorge Jesus to get his views on the draw.

Q: Jorge a draw away at the Etihad how big a result is this for your team?
    A: We came here to try and win the game and although we didn’t win this is still a very good point because Manchester City has an incredible home record over the past few seasons and we matched them out there today

Q: Without Luis Suarez not many are tipping your team for a title challenge how far do you think the team can go?
    A: It is still very early in the season but we showed character today against Manchester City the champions to go behind and get a point against a fellow challenger is no easy feat but Suarez is an incredible talent so any team in the world would miss him

Q: Phillip Coutinho got man of the match and won the penalty that helped your team to a point how important is he to your plans?
    A: Phillip is an incredible player in my opinion he is up there with David Silva and Mesut Ozil as the best three attacking midfielders in the Premier League but he can still improve it is up to us to help him reach his full potential.

We also caught up with Mario Balotelli

Q: Mario your first time back at the Etihad since you left what did you make of your reception off the City fans?
    A: It was very good I had a good relationship with these fans and I’m very happy that they didn’t boo me.

Q: When Coutinho won the penalty was there any doubt in your mind that you were going to take it?
    A: No I’m the designated penalty taker so when the referee pointed to the spot I knew I had to step up all eyes were on me but I was happy to help the team to get a point.
  • CARSTER
    300 posts Sunday League Hero
    Good luck and nice start to the season
  • JoshDFC
    CARSTER wrote: »
    Good luck and nice start to the season

Cheers was a big boost to get a point at Etihad
  • JoshDFC
    330tm3a.png

Daniel Sturridge was the hero as ten men Liverpool beat Aston Villa 4-1 at Anfield today in a game that saw Emre Can sent off. Liverpool took the lead after just thirteen minutes Hendersons pass to Balotelli was flicked on smartly by the Italian to release Danny Sturridge and he slotted the ball right footed past Brad Guzan. Liverpool were down to ten men seven minutes later when Emre Can was sent off for a reckless tackle on Carles Gil. Aston Villa took advantage of their extra man just two minutes into the second half when Weimann dodged past a poor challenge from Lovren before firing past Mignolet from the edge of the box, Liverpool led again eight minutes later Morenos low cross from the left found Sterling at the far post and he slotted the ball into the bottom corner. Aston Villa almost equalised after an hour but Weimanns effort from twenty five yards hit the bar, Aston Villa were made to pay for that miss thirteen minutes later great work by Sturridge who picked the ball up on the halfway line he went past Lowton and Vlaar before firing past Guzan at his near post, In added time Sturridge completed his hat trick and wrapped up the three points Henderson won the ball in his own half and quickly played the ball through for Sturridge who outpaced Vlaar before tucking the ball past Guzan into the corner. We caught up with Jorge Jesus after the game.

Q: Jorge a victory over Tim Sherwood you didn’t shake hands after the game whats the reason for that?
    A: We don’t get along there’s no need to pretend to like each other I’m happy to beat him again just like I did in the Europa league he’s not someone I respect if I’m being honest

Q: Emre Can was sent off for a poor challenge on Carles Gil what did you make of the incident?
    A: It was a bad tackle Emre is a nice person he isn’t the type to try and hurt someone deliberately he’s apologised to the player and will serve his suspension.

Q: Daniel Sturridge got a hat trick today just how good was he today?
    A: Danny played brilliantly he worked hard for the team especially when on his own up top and he scored three great goals.

We also caught up with Danny Sturridge

Q: Danny a hat trick for yourself is this your best performance in a Liverpool shirt?
    A: I don’t know if it’s my best certainly it’s one of them I knew after Emres red whatever chances I got I had to take them because we weren’t going to create to many.

Q: How big a statement is it to win so convincingly when a man down?
    A: I think it’s a big statement we played really well and after going a man down adapted and Aston Villa couldn’t cope with us when we broke on them.
  • JoshDFC
    2d1sj9j.png

Liverpool continued their strong start to the season with a 2-0 win at White Hart Lane against Tottenham. Liverpool almost scored after fifteen minutes Sterling running at the Tottenham defence before unleashing a vicious shot for 20 yards which cannoned back off the bar, Liverpool did lead fifteen minutes later Sterling found Henderson running into the box he took a touch before firing through the legs of Lloris. Liverpool wrapped the points up with five minutes left Borini picked the ball up on the halfway line he went past the challenge of Vertonghen with ease before placing the ball past Lloris into the bottom corner after being on the pitch for just two minutes. After the game we got the thoughts of Jorge Jesus.

Q: Jorge a win at White Hart Lane how important could this result be in the race for Champions League football?
    A: Tottenham is a very difficult place to visit they have a very strong squad and to beat them at their home will give us a big boost in the race to qualify for the Champions League.

Q: Obviously the main aim is to qualify for the Champions League but do you think you can compete for the title?
    A: I’m not sure if we have enough to win it this season I think that we are still two or three players short but if we can get some momentum going and build a gap it will put pressure on the teams around us so we just have to keep winning and see in January if we are near the top maybe we can sign a couple of players to help us push on but we will take it one game at a time.

Q: Borini scored today after coming off the bench in the summer he seemed to be on his way out does he have a future here under you?
    A: Borini knows if he plays well and scores goals then he can have a future here it is upto him to perform at the levels we expect at this club then maybe he has a future.

We also caught up with Man of the Match Jordan Henderson

Q: Jordan a nice win at Tottenham you got a goal how important do you think todays win could be on the season?
    A: Tottenham are a team that always compete for a topfour place so obviously to beat them puts us clear of them in the race to qualify for the Champions League

Q: What are yours aims this season both individually and with Liverpool?
    A: Obviously to just contribute as much as I can to the team, I think that we have a great bunch of lads here and if we all pull in the right direction I think this can be a great season I’d like to win a trophy and obviously be in the Champions League again.
  • dannyboy
    12953 posts Has That Special Something
    Sturridge's been pretty good so far. :p I think Can would be more effective in the midfield.