Chem Boosts Are Ridiculous

1345
Orikoru
10712 posts Has That Special Something
The phrase 'be careful what you wish for' comes to mind. We all wanted the new info on chemistry, but now it's here I find it ridiculous that the boosts are as much as they're apparently saying.

If FutWiz have it correct, then what is the point of buying any expensive strikers when you can you just do this?

2eppmz4.png (includes 96 finishing by the way)

Shall I save up all my coins to put Jerome Boateng in my team? Nah mate - Pogba will do. No, not that one, the other one.

k99t7b.png

This is honestly daft. What's the point in working towards a better team anymore if the boosts are this much? Who's going to buy, like, IF Thiago Silva when there is one, when you can just use the card above instead?

I'm honestly staggered that the boosts are this much, if FutWiz have interpreted it correctly anyway. I kinda wish they never told us as it's making me reassess my entire attitude towards the game now.

And chemistry cards are going to be well expensive now aren't they?

Comments

  • RadioShaq
    14806 posts Moderator
    With fifa going more competitive it makes sense to not have such a huge gap. Maybe this will also drive prices down. Its pretty dumb on eas part though as its not going to be as much pay to win.
  • The_giant616
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I agree, but I'm sure they won't actually play like that.

    Fact is, if some of the TOTS and TOTY cards actually played like their stats, the game would be ruined. 99 long shots as an accurate stat would make it unplayable, as would the pass stats.
  • kalvink
    24 posts Last Pick at the Park
    But wouldnt Boateng's pace and defending go up by the same amount?
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    I agree, but I'm sure they won't actually play like that.

    Fact is, if some of the TOTS and TOTY cards actually played like their stats, the game would be ruined. 99 long shots as an accurate stat would make it unplayable, as would the pass stats.

    Well, yeah, 99 finishing doesn't mean every single finish goes in, or there wouldn't be much point in playing. That's a different point though. I'm just saying it ridiculous that you can take an average cheap striker, get him to 99 finishing, whereas a guy who has like 92 finishing already can only get as high as 99 anyway, and he might cost five times as much, so there's no point shelling out the coins.

    My whole plan has changed. Originally I was going to use non-rares until like, Christmas, then build a class team then. Now I think I'll just build a half decent team in October, with the knowledge I can make them as good as basically anyone with the correct use of chemistry styles.
  • Tim86
    2166 posts Fans' Favourite
    kalvink wrote: »
    But wouldnt Boateng's pace and defending go up by the same amount?

    Yeah you can obviously boost him as well
  • kalvink
    24 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Tim86 wrote: »
    kalvink wrote: »
    But wouldnt Boateng's pace and defending go up by the same amount?

    Yeah you can obviously boost him as well

    That's what I thought, so what's the issue?
  • Dylan98SWFC
    1314 posts Professional
    Yeah, they're pretty insane on paper at least.
    I'm hoping this encourages people to use players that aren't so mainstream though. Bring back the variety. Chadli CAM IF from TOTW 1 is going to be insane with a chem style.
  • RadioShaq
    14806 posts Moderator
    I think its more to do with players the boost goes to 99 its a waste.
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    kalvink wrote: »
    Tim86 wrote: »
    kalvink wrote: »
    But wouldnt Boateng's pace and defending go up by the same amount?

    Yeah you can obviously boost him as well

    That's what I thought, so what's the issue?

    Seriously? The issue is that Boateng is set to cost 75k, but there's no point paying out for that if you can get world class level defending out of a 77 rated player is there?

    Also, players who already have stats in the 90s can't be boosted to like 108 tackling and stuff can they? 99 is still the maximum. It just means elite players are not cost effective at all.
  • Mini_Miudo
    9961 posts Has That Special Something
    They won't be nowhere near as good IG because not all stats get upgraded, although I do get the point. To help your point, take Emre Mor from Dortmund, for example. He's a Bronze striker with 87 pace and 81 dribbling with 65 finishing as well as 4* skills. If you apply a Sniper chemistry style to him, he will then have 80 finishing. lmao :joy: So a bronze striker with 87 pace, 81 dribbling, 80 finishing and 4* skills? Sounds like a gold to me. :lol:
  • fluffymnuffy
    12518 posts Has That Special Something
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    They won't be nowhere near as good IG because not all stats get upgraded, although I do get the point. To help your point, take Emre Mor from Dortmund, for example. He's a Bronze striker with 87 pace and 81 dribbling with 65 finishing as well as 4* skills. If you apply a Sniper chemistry style to him, he will then have 80 finishing. lmao :joy: So a bronze striker with 87 pace, 81 dribbling, 80 finishing and 4* skills? Sounds like a gold to me. :lol:

    But get Vardy and put sniper on him and you have someone much better
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2016
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    They won't be nowhere near as good IG because not all stats get upgraded, although I do get the point. To help your point, take Emre Mor from Dortmund, for example. He's a Bronze striker with 87 pace and 81 dribbling with 65 finishing as well as 4* skills. If you apply a Sniper chemistry style to him, he will then have 80 finishing. lmao :joy: So a bronze striker with 87 pace, 81 dribbling, 80 finishing and 4* skills? Sounds like a gold to me. :lol:

    Yeah that's what I'm saying. Boosts of up to +15 on individual stats is crazy. That's the difference between a poor player and a world class player. (p.s. Sniper does shooting and dribbling so actually he'll have 87 pace, 80 finishing and like 90 dribbling ffs)
  • Shnekel
    525 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited September 2016
    kalvink wrote: »
    But wouldnt Boateng's pace and defending go up by the same amount?

    But it won't matter too much if your card will play like that Pogba's stats for example.
    80 pace with 90 defending, it's way more than you actually need for a CB in fut
    It doesn't really makes sense, i kinda hope Futwiz are wrong tbf..
    +12 pace from shadow is just stupid
    Chemistry cards will cost more than most of the players
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    kalvink wrote: »
    Tim86 wrote: »
    kalvink wrote: »
    But wouldnt Boateng's pace and defending go up by the same amount?

    Yeah you can obviously boost him as well

    That's what I thought, so what's the issue?

    How much will a Basic Boateng cost on the market? Now how much will Pogba cost with Chem Card?

    Ben Yedder with a Hunter on is almost the same as a Basic Aub...
  • PhilP
    1956 posts Play-Off Hero
    It sure explains the performance of playing against normal golds when you are playing with tots. The gap is not big as you think.

    I think Messi, Ronaldo and co will not be worth saving up for their toty/tots cards as their normal card with 10 chem, 100 team chemistry and the appropriate style will be boosted enough.
  • Wow pretty much means its pointless getting IFs and TOTYs for players unless you like the look of them.
  • Mini_Miudo
    9961 posts Has That Special Something
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    They won't be nowhere near as good IG because not all stats get upgraded, although I do get the point. To help your point, take Emre Mor from Dortmund, for example. He's a Bronze striker with 87 pace and 81 dribbling with 65 finishing as well as 4* skills. If you apply a Sniper chemistry style to him, he will then have 80 finishing. lmao :joy: So a bronze striker with 87 pace, 81 dribbling, 80 finishing and 4* skills? Sounds like a gold to me. :lol:

    But get Vardy and put sniper on him and you have someone much better

    For argument's sake, yes, which is what I said on my post. Not all stats get upgraded and you can upgrade better players as well. However, it's arguable that Emre Mor would be better because of 4* and the other 3 most important stats for a striker would be very good. Ridiculous for a bronze.
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    I think its more to do with players the boost goes to 99 its a waste.

    This.

    If the cap is 99 then at a certain point higher rated cards aren't worth it. If it just shows 99 but it's actually higher, it means that higher rated cards will still play better than lower rated with the same chem style, even if both show 99 rating, but this is something they should let us know.
  • Loyal-to-LFC
    1163 posts Professional
    I dont know what to make of all this, i kind of like it in a way but it does seem a tad ridiculous.

    [img][/img]28lgpcn.jpg

    Hunter turns firmino into a toty type player but i suppose its the same on all players. Will mean chem cards will be really expensive though.
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    Rumplefish wrote: »
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    I think its more to do with players the boost goes to 99 its a waste.

    This.

    If the cap is 99 then at a certain point higher rated cards aren't worth it. If it just shows 99 but it's actually higher, it means that higher rated cards will still play better than lower rated with the same chem style, even if both show 99 rating, but this is something they should let us know.

    From EA's chem explanation: "If the resulting number is greater than 50, players’ attributes start to improve towards their maximum of 99."
  • Mini_Miudo
    9961 posts Has That Special Something
    They defo won't play the same as a Ronaldo with basic chem style IG anyway, rest assured.
  • RandomLhama83
    10090 posts Has That Special Something
    the fact thatany low rated player can have 99 anything is a joke. FUT just even more arcade. sad.
  • GodLevel
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 2016
    EA shot themselves on the foot with this one, their whole point is to make money with FUT by selling packs so you can get the Messi and Ronaldo but this just confirms you don't need any of that just a 10k squad.
  • Dylan98SWFC
    1314 posts Professional
    There's still reasons for you to buy Informs and other special cards though, further boosts. I like it to be honest, a majority complain that you see the same squads over and over, this could open players up to making different teams.

    It has got its negatives though.
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    They won't be nowhere near as good IG because not all stats get upgraded, although I do get the point. To help your point, take Emre Mor from Dortmund, for example. He's a Bronze striker with 87 pace and 81 dribbling with 65 finishing as well as 4* skills. If you apply a Sniper chemistry style to him, he will then have 80 finishing. lmao :joy: So a bronze striker with 87 pace, 81 dribbling, 80 finishing and 4* skills? Sounds like a gold to me. :lol:

    But get Vardy and put sniper on him and you have someone much better

    For argument's sake, yes, which is what I said on my post. Not all stats get upgraded and you can upgrade better players as well. However, it's arguable that Emre Mor would be better because of 4* and the other 3 most important stats for a striker would be very good. Ridiculous for a bronze.

    viamt.png

    loooool :lol: Good night bronze tourny!
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Nothing has changed
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    Nothing has changed

    I refuse to believe these were the standard chem boosts before. I thought it was tested and proven that the chevrons only amounted to like 5 or 6 boost in stats, not 15??
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Orikoru wrote: »
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    Nothing has changed

    I refuse to believe these were the standard chem boosts before. I thought it was tested and proven that the chevrons only amounted to like 5 or 6 boost in stats, not 15??

    Not sure about that but this guide is only explaining what happens as far as I can tell, it's not announcing changes to chemistry, just explaining it.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    But still, the more people get all hyped about it, the more these pack fillers will be worth so happy
    days :)
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    But still, the more people get all hyped about it, the more these pack fillers will be worth so happy
    days :)

    You can hardly call a chem style a pack filler anymore, when it changes mediocre players into elite ones. :neutral:
Sign In or Register to comment.