Interesting- take a look

indcolts18288
4536 posts National Call-Up
So I dumbed down my connection because I noticed this. Playing NHL17 I rented it until FIFA comes out. WTH?
JBpsYUM.jpg

Comments

• indcolts18288
    Basically saying my poor ping is good
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Not sure what I'm looking at, but to me it looks like it says your poor ping is poor
  • RadioShaq
    14803 posts Moderator
    It looks like its saying your connection is poor. I guess I would have to see a test where the connection was different. The word good and poor just looks like a chart not your results? Your results are poor right?
  • Izzy2K17
    11698 posts Has That Special Something
    How is nhl 17, I'm considering it cause I need a hockey game, was gonna get 16 cause Toews on the cover but never got it
  • indcolts18288
    edited September 2016
    Izzy2K17 wrote: »
    How is nhl 17, I'm considering it cause I need a hockey game, was gonna get 16 cause Toews on the cover but never got it

It's garbage. Completely recycled from last season. And my point is that it looks like EA is saying the more garbage my ping is the better online experience I will have.
    Giving further credit to the whole lag compensation theory. Before my little experiment it said my ping was great and that little green part that says good in the lower right said bad. I cut my connection down on purpose and my "online experience" supposedly will be better now.
    Conspiracy
  • PhilP
    1956 posts Play-Off Hero
    with 100% packet loss you wouldn't be connected to any servers at all. You most likely have ICMP pings blocked on your router. Enable 'ping on wan port' or something like that in the settings.