Wolfsburg - The Ange Postecoglou Journey - Draxler signs + New Signings

o ShifTyZz o
1600 posts Play-Off Hero
edited September 2016
xJDM5XN.jpg
VAQgMvA.jpg

Ange Postecoglou was today announced as the new Wolfsburg manager. After a disappointing 2015/16 season the Wolfsburg board decided to part ways with Dieter Hecking after four years in charge. Most people won't know who Ange Postecoglou is but within Australia he is known as a hero. Ange took over Brisbane Roar in 2009. During his three year spell at the club he made Brisbane at the time one of the most successful clubs in the country. In a time where Barcelona were dominating europe with a possession based style of football, Brisbane were doing the same in Australia, all thanks to Ange. After a short stint with Melbourne Victory, Ange Postecoglou was appointed manager of the Socceroos, the Australian national team. At the time the socceroos had struggled to live up to the success of past teams which included Mark Viduka and Harry Kewell. Once Ange took over he completely changed things for the national team. During his three years with the Socceroos he qualified for the 2014 World Cup and won the 2015 Asian Cup, defeating South Korea 2-1.
Post edited by o ShifTyZz o on

Comments

• o ShifTyZz o
    1600 posts Play-Off Hero
    reserved
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1600 posts Play-Off Hero
    reserved
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1600 posts Play-Off Hero
    Reserved. Will update these later on :)
  • Chris
    5559 posts Big Money Move
    Good luck Shifty :)
  • IAmLikingFlame
    3875 posts National Call-Up
    Good luck
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Good luck mate, interesting to see how will an Australian manager perform against the European giants. :)
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Good luck :)
  • theroyalschamp
    171 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Good luck on this year's Fifa game.
  • Ashy
    12482 posts Has That Special Something
    Good luck man, nice to see a Bundesliga story in here
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1600 posts Play-Off Hero
    Cheers lads. Keen to use Draxler this year.
  • Wyojasond
    15287 posts World Class
    Good luck man. I'm always very tempted to start with a bundesliga story. Wolfsburg will be a blast to follow
  • Chris
    5559 posts Big Money Move

His stats look crazy on FUT
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1600 posts Play-Off Hero
    Good luck man. I'm always very tempted to start with a bundesliga story. Wolfsburg will be a blast to follow
    you should definitely give it a shot at some stage. There's a few teams this year in the Bundesliga that look class.

Chris wrote: »

Exactly. Pretty much the main reason I'm being Wolfsburg.

• ale85bg
    Chris wrote: »

Exactly. Pretty much the main reason I'm being Wolfsburg.
    Eager to see him in action, here.

• Cody22775
    591 posts Sunday League Hero
    Good luck
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1600 posts Play-Off Hero
    If anyone wants to do a fun bundes save i recommend rb leipzig. Obviously a lot of you are already familiar with their story but that 40m transfer budget is great.
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Good luck, hope Ange goes well. Ange brings back memories of my youth following the old National Soccer League (NSL) in Australia. Aah the good old days :)
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1600 posts Play-Off Hero
    BistroXII wrote: »
    Good luck, hope Ange goes well. Ange brings back memories of my youth following the old National Soccer League (NSL) in Australia. Aah the good old days :)
    Cheers mate!
  • ale85bg
    If anyone wants to do a fun bundes save i recommend rb leipzig. Obviously a lot of you are already familiar with their story but that 40m transfer budget is great.
    Honestly, not a fan of the RB-operated teams if you ask me. I hope they get some battering during the season.
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1600 posts Play-Off Hero
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Honestly, not a fan of the RB-operated teams if you ask me. I hope they get some battering during the season.
    Yeah I've gathered that a lot of people don't like them. But in a way I wouldn't be mad if they because a success. Another powerhouse in the bundesliga wouldn't hurt.
  • ale85bg
    edited September 2016
    Another powerhouse in the bundesliga wouldn't hurt.
    That's true, in all honesty.
    What I don't like about Red Bull is that they come and they just overturn everything (crest, club colours, traditions) in the name of advertising.
    Financially, this isn't necessarily a bad thing for the teams they take over, but it comes at a great price: the loss of identity (just imagine if Paul Allen tomorrow wakes up and decides that the Sounders are going to be called "Seattle Surface Phones" or you find yourself facing "FC Evonik Dortmund" one day. It would be a little off).
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1600 posts Play-Off Hero
    What I don't like about Red Bull is that they come and they just overturn everything (crest, club colours, traditions) in the name of advertising.
    Financially, this isn't necessarily a bad thing for the teams they take over, but it comes at a great price: the loss of identity (just imagine if Paul Allen tomorrow wakes up and decides that the Sounders are going to be called "Seattle Surface Phones" or you find yourself facing "FC Evonik Dortmund" one day. It would be a little off).
    Yeah I fully agree with that but I just want someone else to contend with Bayern haha
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1600 posts Play-Off Hero
    Zg4gBHr.png
  • Cody22775
    Yeah I fully agree with that but I just want someone else to contend with Bayern haha

Yea cause Dortmund aren't really doing that anymore

• BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    That website graphic looks really good. Qualifying for the Champions League will be challenging - looking forward to see how it goes.
  • ale85bg
    Nice interview! Trying to qualify for the CL is a good challenge, but it will probably be feasible. ;)
  • Ashy
    12482 posts Has That Special Something
    Top 3 or 4 is a good goal for you, I think you have the players to do it, Bayern, Dortmund and Bayer 04 are the main three teams to challenge right now
  • Cody22775
    Ashy wrote: »
    Top 3 or 4 is a good goal for you, I think you have the players to do it, Bayern, Dortmund and Bayer 04 are the main three teams to challenge right now
    Well it's pretty much Bayern way way up top then a battle for 2nd to 4th let's be honest

• theodom101
    484 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ange is most certainly known as a hero here in Australia. Seeing how he manages at Wolfsburg should be enticing.
  • Wyojasond
    15287 posts World Class
    Great interview. Given some of the talent at Wolfsburg I think the top 4 is very doable. Who knows, a few slip ups by Bayern and you could easily challenge for the title too ;)