Value of GOLD players

jrspc
112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
EA should:

Dramatically increase the impact of player ratings on the in game performance of the avatar.

Make the 85+ players ridiculously good just like they are in real life. An 85 striker facing a back line of guys rated 60 should have absolutely no problem tearing it up.

In other words, make the value of the skill set of each card a much BIGGER factor in how that avatar plays on the pitch. Good ratings equals amazing on the field performance, crappy ratings and the guy screws up constantly.

example: If......
TEAM A has a weak human controller playing with a team of elite players like Messi and the gang.
TEAM B has a far stronger human at the helm but a pathetic little bronze team

TEAM A should still win 9 out 10 matches.

Of course, if those two users square off with similar teams than TEAM B will crush and should.

But........Currently we all know a superior human player will win 9 out of 10 even if he is fielding a bronze team. Which is silly.

Comments

• TheBaldyBuddha
    1465 posts Professional
    ie spend cash and always win :D
  • Kamilflage
    6141 posts Big Money Move
    Lol
  • Samuel Eto'o
    19344 posts World Class
    You're full of great ideas today huh?
  • TheBaldyBuddha
    1465 posts Professional

• jrspc
    Can't play it for ten days so this was my next best move.
    :wink:
  • jrspc
    Since, EA is in this for profit I would have to think it makes sense. The cards would have more in game value and generate increased PACK sales.
  • Neckabob
    13318 posts Has That Special Something
    this is the dumbest idea ive heard
  • SimmoEFC
    11613 posts Has That Special Something
    Terrific logic.
  • WWEFAN24_TRIPLEH
    14322 posts Has That Special Something

• TMaher7
    1103 posts Professional
    ie spend cash and always win :D

Technically, that is modern football ;)
  • GoodnightIrene
    3864 posts National Call-Up
    That is arguably the worst idea I've ever heard in my life.
  • Antparry92
    19194 posts World Class
    Worst idea ever. Just zap any skill what so ever out of the game
  • Mdionne415
    1146 posts Professional
    jrspc wrote: »
    EA should:

Dramatically increase the impact of player ratings on the in game performance of the avatar.

Make the 85+ players ridiculously good just like they are in real life. An 85 striker facing a back line of guys rated 60 should have absolutely no problem tearing it up.

In other words, make the value of the skill set of each card a much BIGGER factor in how that avatar plays on the pitch. Good ratings equals amazing on the field performance, crappy ratings and the guy screws up constantly.

example: If......
    TEAM A has a weak human controller playing with a team of elite players like Messi and the gang.
    TEAM B has a far stronger human at the helm but a pathetic little bronze team

TEAM A should still win 9 out 10 matches.

Of course, if those two users square off with similar teams than TEAM B will crush and should.

But........Currently we all know a superior human player will win 9 out of 10 even if he is fielding a bronze team. Which is silly.

But you're the guy who wants FUT to be progressively more manual by division.
  • JimmyVulmer
    6488 posts Big Money Move
    Since, EA is in this for profit I would have to think it makes sense. The cards would have more in game value and generate increased PACK sales.

EA don't need cards to perform to their stats, as you can see from the knee-❤️❤️❤️❤️ responses in this thread. How else could something like the chem glitch go unnoticed for so long?

OP gave an extreme example in his post (85 vs 60 rated cards) so I don't think it's a big stretch to argue that 85+ cards should perform noticeably better in game.
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    Ha the bold position that FUT isn't Pay2Win enough.
  • GoodnightIrene
    3864 posts National Call-Up

EA don't need cards to perform to their stats, as you can see from the knee-❤️❤️❤️❤️ responses in this thread. How else could something like the chem glitch go unnoticed for so long?

OP gave an extreme example in his post (85 vs 60 rated cards) so I don't think it's a big stretch to argue that 85+ cards should perform noticeably better in game.

I believe they do perform noticeably better.

It's quite simple, if someone with a bronze team beat someone with a gold team, they were quite simply the better FIFA player on that game. If over a large sample size this keeps occurring against the same opponent you can come to the conclusion that player is a lot better at the game than the other person.

I often use bronze and silver teams against the usual gold teams in seasons, and win about 50%.
    There's a lot more to it than the numbers on the cards, formations, tactics, play-styles, how well you play on that game etc... there are numerous factors and skill elements that take precedent over the numbers on the cards imo.
  • Gromit
    4523 posts National Call-Up
    Neckabob wrote: »
    this is the dumbest idea ive heard

This↑

One of the stupidest posts I've seen.
  • CaTriEm
    1805 posts Play-Off Hero
    Can't say the same but it's definitely up there.
  • Jaxite
    22372 posts Club Captain

:D
  • Verstappen
    4347 posts National Call-Up
    Even more p4win
    No, thanks
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    What? An 85 striker does destroy 60 rated defenders
  • GeorgeEA
    113 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If your 85 strikers don't 'tear up' 60 rated defences you're doing something wrong
  • valentiii
    3671 posts National Call-Up
    So let me ask, why even have a controller then? Sounds like you need to play manager mode pal. GG
  • valentiii
    3671 posts National Call-Up
    Peter wrote: »
    What? An 85 striker does destroy 60 rated defenders
    GeorgeEA wrote: »
    If your 85 strikers don't 'tear up' 60 rated defences you're doing something wrong

• You're full of great ideas today huh?

• OfficerJimlahey
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2016
    I don't agree with your idea entirely but I do think there should be a greater difference between a 78 rated striker and an 85. The difference is class in enormous IRL but not so much on the game.

In PES you know when you have a top class player, they are deadly and so consistent. Fifa is a bit of a mixed bag, id like to see that change
  • Soly77
    574 posts An Exciting Prospect
    wow just wow :o
  • PVFCB97xD
    13142 posts Has That Special Something
    Soooooo p2w? :joy: ridiculous .. go play games where you need no skill
  • RealM
    6359 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2016
    The better play should always win regardless of teams. 9/10 anyway.
  • Zephiasco
    105 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    i want gold players