Reverse Progression in Leagues

jrspc
112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
As you climb through leagues EA should switch to a reverse progression
of the default settings as you move from league 10 up to league 1.

In league 10 all players should start on fully assisted controls.
In league 9 you lose assisted switching
In League 8 you lose assisted crossing
In League 7 you lose assisted through balls
In League 6 you lose assisted driven pass
In League 5 you lose assisted short ball
In League 4 you lose assisted pass weight
In League 3 you lose assisted shooting
In League 2 you lose assisted shooting power
in League 1 you must play FULL MANUAL

Comments

  • Frankenberry
    10217 posts Has That Special Something
    Disagree with all of those suggestions.

    If David Silva is amazing at pinpointing accurate passes in real-life, I shouldn't have to also pinpoint my analog stick perfectly in the exact direction to make a similar pass in FIFA (I should have to do some work, but then his elite stats should also positively affect my actions). FIFA is supposed to be mix of arcade gameplay and soccer/football simulation.

    Likewise, if Messi is amazing at hitting the corners on every shot, I shouldn't have to aim perfectly at the corner to recreate his shooting ability. In-game stats should help us differentiate between low-rated players and high-rated players, and forcing "full manual" on players goes against the idea of soccer/football simulation.
  • jrspc
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Frank

    The best cyclist in the world took the training wheels off along time ago.

    And in my proposed idea all players would still exist in a spectrum of fully assisted to fully manual.
  • Pughy30
    27015 posts Player of the Year
    Let's hope your never in charge at EA. why force players to play manual let people play how they wanna play what a awful idea
  • WWEFAN24_TRIPLEH
    14322 posts Has That Special Something
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Let's hope your never in charge at EA. why force players to play manual let people play how they wanna play what a awful idea

  • Mdionne415
    1146 posts Professional
    jrspc wrote: »
    As you climb through leagues EA should switch to a reverse progression
    of the default settings as you move from league 10 up to league 1.

    In league 10 all players should start on fully assisted controls.
    In league 9 you lose assisted switching
    In League 8 you lose assisted crossing
    In League 7 you lose assisted through balls
    In League 6 you lose assisted driven pass
    In League 5 you lose assisted short ball
    In League 4 you lose assisted pass weight
    In League 3 you lose assisted shooting
    In League 2 you lose assisted shooting power
    in League 1 you must play FULL MANUAL

    So, the only inherent traits reaming in the higher levels will be strength and pace. Hmmm... yeah, see no problem there.
  • Jaxite
    22372 posts Club Captain
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Let's hope your never in charge at EA. why force players to play manual let people play how they wanna play what a awful idea

  • Mdionne415
    1146 posts Professional
    jrspc wrote: »
    As you climb through leagues EA should switch to a reverse progression
    of the default settings as you move from league 10 up to league 1.

    In league 10 all players should start on fully assisted controls.
    In league 9 you lose assisted switching
    In League 8 you lose assisted crossing
    In League 7 you lose assisted through balls
    In League 6 you lose assisted driven pass
    In League 5 you lose assisted short ball
    In League 4 you lose assisted pass weight
    In League 3 you lose assisted shooting
    In League 2 you lose assisted shooting power
    in League 1 you must play FULL MANUAL

    In takes away the whole point of FUT. Why buy special cards, upgrades and add-ons? Just play manual seasons. It makes no sense.
  • Frankenberry
    10217 posts Has That Special Something
    jrspc wrote: »
    Frank

    The best cyclist in the world took the training wheels off along time ago.

    And in my proposed idea all players would still exist in a spectrum of fully assisted to fully manual.

    jrspc

    In a "FULL MANUAL" division, can you explain the difference between a striker with 1 finishing and a striker with 99 finishing? Or a midfielder with 1 short passing vs. a midfielder with 99 short passing?

    Since passing and shooting are down entirely to manual controls (nothing is assisted at all by in-game stats), then what differentiates between a player with high in-game stats and a player with low in-game stats?
  • Mdionne415
    1146 posts Professional
    jrspc wrote: »
    Frank

    The best cyclist in the world took the training wheels off along time ago.

    And in my proposed idea all players would still exist in a spectrum of fully assisted to fully manual.

    jrspc

    In a "FULL MANUAL" division, can you explain the difference between a striker with 1 finishing and a striker with 99 finishing? Or a midfielder with 1 short passing vs. a midfielder with 99 short passing?

    Since passing and shooting are down entirely to manual controls (nothing is assisted at all by in-game stats), then what differentiates between a player with high in-game stats and a player with low in-game stats?

    Yep
Sign In or Register to comment.