EA, don't change the gameplay!!!

TheCareerModePlayer
44 posts Park Captain
edited September 2016
FIFA 17 it's completely amazing, mechanic of pass, kicks, long and short balls, saves, IA intelligence... JUST AMAZING!!

PLEASE, IN NAME OF REAL FOOTBALL

DON'T UPDATE AND DESTROY THIS MAGNIFICAT JOB YOU HAVE DONE!

I know that a lot of people will disgust and say that the gameplay is slow and hard, but come on, REAL FOOTBALL IS BEAUTIFUL BECAUSE IT'S HARD.

I beg, don't destroy the best football game that i've played in years, keep the final game like DEMO
Post edited by Chow on

Comments

• Iffybhai
    134 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Exactly. However I fear EA will do a 2016 and we won't get the same as demo
  • I agree! the game ta spectacular. I play on manual control and I can say that the pass's much better. And most important of all is that the game in tactical terms improved, a custom tatics are working I see my team tactically reacting to every change I make
  • Agree
  • Jogo está ótimo, reserva minha vaga no mundial.
  • nyx88
    1418 posts Professional
    edited September 2016
    Agreed. I play on full manual and legendary and the demo is a step in the right direction. Unfortunatly EA most likely patch the game again after release until it's noob-friendly.
  • LuisGarcia
    444 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2016
    FIFA 17 it's completely amazing, mechanic of pass, kicks, long and short balls, saves, IA intelligence... JUST AMAZING!!

I know that a lot of people will disgust and say that the gameplay is slow and hard, but come on, REAL FOOTBALL IS BEAUTIFUL BECAUSE IT'S HARD.

I beg, don't destroy the best football game that i've played in years, keep the final game like DEMO

Amen. Please EA dont listen to those FUT kids who say that players with a huge pace are overpowered. In real life players like Mertesacker cannot keep up with Ronaldo and in fifa 16 they can. Finally this year players with a huge pace are usefull. I love the gameplay. Best gameplay ever!
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    Agreed, no drastic changes with gameplay. The kids who're complaining will eventually adapt. :*
  • blue166
    1535 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2016
    The game speed and play is decent the way it is.

But let face it. Fifa 16 day one was a fab game and after patch 1 online became a zigzag diagonal running fest and faster than a car racing game.
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    Sorry, the ping pong passing is way too easy and the shield is way OP. Hopefully both of those items are toned down a bit.

However, I dig it. Will take some time to get the shooting down, but I like being able to hit hard/low shots.
  • blue166
    1535 posts Play-Off Hero
    Actually yes the shielding could be a nightmare on online Seasons matches. EA need to correct anything that could be abused.
  • Thomas
    3044 posts National Call-Up
    Sorry, the ping pong passing is way too easy and the shield is way OP. Hopefully both of those items are toned down a bit.

However, I dig it. Will take some time to get the shooting down, but I like being able to hit hard/low shots.

True. But rather have that than the stupid op pace where it was impossible to defend against people who did the bloody zig-zag.
  • nixdrauf
    276 posts Sunday League Hero
    speed and movement is very good balanced ... should stay like this over all gamemodes

dont forget, a game mode like FUT or Pro Clubs can suffer a lot, if the speed is too arcady and lots of people just dont wanna play it cause of that ...

so find a middle and keep it ... for me, this is a good balance
  • RowdyNino
    24 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Seriously? The AI for players on your team is the same as last year - broken.

This shouldn't happen: ball last touched by opposing team is going out of bounds and a player on your team cannot get there fast enough to keep it in bounds. No big deal because it's our ball anyway once it goes out of bounds. So, in real life, they would track the ball and only go for it if a defender was also making a play for it, or shield the defender from the ball. However, in this game, both last year and this year, your player tries to save the ball and usually ends up giving possession back to the opposing team.

What's worse is when I take control of that player, that player does not respond to the direction I'm pressing the left-analog stick in - they keep running toward the ball. It's unwritten in the manual that you need to press and hold LT and RT to sometimes get the player to actually run where you want them to. Unwritten because it doesn't work consistently.

The lack of player control is prevalent in the game.

Furthermore, the manual switching function that says the game will never switch for you is still broken. The game still randomly switches players for you. Someone else posted a video earlier today documenting that bug again.

If EA can't even get the basics right, then the game has no chance at being good.
  • FelipeHeetz
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 2016

Exactly. Please EA: dont mess up the gameplay with updates, like you did with FIFA 16 (that was a beautiful and amazing simulation game in his early demo and release), because of gamers who wants easy and unreal gameplay in FIFA, because the simulation make FIFA get this huge respect by the football (soccer) fans around the world nowadays. I dont want to see FIFA as an unreal arcade game. I (and all the real football fans around the globe) want real football, like this new demo brought to us. FIFA 17 is amazing, PLEASE: keep this game the way he is.
  • It's funny how many people ask the same thing all over again. Seriously do u even think game will stay same as demo Or is it just a wish? Those thru balls, and controls for lobbed passes needs to nerfed btw.
  • sinasipahioglu7
    1944 posts Play-Off Hero
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Agreed, no drastic changes with gameplay. The kids who're complaining will eventually adapt. :*

actually you are one of the kids that complain ...i remember your banter thread about enabling legacy nooby defending for online gaming
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    Retro_G wrote: »

actually you are one of the kids that complain ...i remember your banter thread about enabling legacy nooby defending for online gaming

You're the tool who doesn't have a clue, thinks tactical manual defending works with full assisted attack. I want balance, fun gameplay and remember that son.

I showed you how good my online record was with tactical defending, while you were afraid to show me your record. Jog on scrub...
  • DrSahl
    I think its been improved abit, but Fifa is still very arcady and I see alot of problems with 16 that will happen in 17 as well (yes people will still dribble from the get go and try to score and yes they will still be handicapped)

But looking at the last few years, the demo have been made to seduce players like us/me
    I like the new gameplay alot more than 16 and playing against the AI might not be a representative way of online, but I can play like I want in real football and that is viable (thats a huge thing for me) I still think alot of stuff are arcady and the poor defensive system contra offensive ability will always make fifa very arcady (just look at shots)

But I do agree with you alot, if they keep the demo style in full version I will be getting fifa 17! But I fear its going to be like always and a week after release its back to the same old boring arcade game (again it was like this last year)

But hey.. this way they get all the adults and real football lovers into buying it and then afterwards the kids can have their way..

TLTR:

It seems in a good state, but its still abit arcady (I can live with that)
    It most likely will change after a week into release and become fifa 16 style
  • DrSahl
    LuisGarcia wrote: »

Amen. Please EA dont listen to those FUT kids who say that players with a huge pace are overpowered. In real life players like Mertesacker cannot keep up with Ronaldo and in fifa 16 they can. Finally this year players with a huge pace are usefull. I love the gameplay. Best gameplay ever!

Actually the current gameplay allows a player like me to close down "pace" users. Because if you have the right tac and play defensive its pointless with all those pacers. But yes pace should be a factor as well, but not so arcady that its "get ball, long pass in sides, run to goal and score" I know that happens in real football, but not to the degree it does in some fifa versions.
  • DrSahl
    It's funny how many people ask the same thing all over again. Seriously do u even think game will stay same as demo Or is it just a wish? Those thru balls, and controls for lobbed passes needs to nerfed btw.

Sure it needs tweeking. But what people fear is a huge alteration of the gameplay, with ping pong and pure pace/dribble play and no way to defend.

Atm I think the game play is acceptable and that is more than I can say for 16, but well fifa has always been arcady, the problem is that there is no alternative (no PES is not an alternative due to licence monopol's)
  • RadioShaq
    20840 posts Moderator
    You can see the problem with pace on the demo. Watch the capture event and see how bad it will be online when everyone starts using 90 plus pace players. You will see people say how fast the game is the first day but really it will be the same difference is pace players playing online and chem.
  • Alexanderjulz
    139 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    My major problem is the shield aspect like some of y'all said it's too OP. Also, player with small body structure shouldn't been able to shield built players such as Giroud and Co. You feel me
  • MisterRux
    921 posts Professional
    Every year the same thread and every year EA does what she wants.
  • nyx88
    1418 posts Professional
    My major problem is the shield aspect like some of y'all said it's too OP. Also, player with small body structure shouldn't been able to shield built players such as Giroud and Co. You feel me

I only played against AI but i don't think it's overpowered that much. I tried to shield with phillip lahm and he just failed :D
    If you defend it right i think it's no problem at all.
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    They probably already changed the gameplay
  • agreed. don't change gameplay. i was disapointed to fifa16 gameplay change

• I have played the demo and can say this version is not different much from the FIFA 16 gameplay and have some additions that can help during the game.

As for the engine I thought I will be playing a totally new game this year but wasn't to my expectations as for the demo.

Their ads during the year were all indicating big changes but I see only new features, we will have to wait for the full version though.
  • I have played the demo and can say this version is not different much from the FIFA 16 gameplay and have some additions that can help during the game.

As for the engine I thought I will be playing a totally new game this year but wasn't to my expectations as for the demo.

Their ads during the year were all indicating big changes but I see only new features, we will have to wait for the full version though.

I disagree with some items like mechanic of pass, and body control. The movements are now very easy to change a direction for example, this is a very important change. Passing now is more manual than assisted, it's become a thinking game, I got to really think to pass the ball and keep possession, not only pressing a button and the game help you.

I really hope EA don't change the game, because even with 2 days playing, I can say that it's the best football game already done.
  • Lillo86
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EA DON'T CHANGE THE GAME.
  • t_hud_
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    AGREED!! The game's pace and build up play is very well balanced right now!! Please dont ruin this like '16!!!