Trading Questions (Getting off to a good start in 17)

Florianr104
4303 posts National Call-Up
To help others who plan to make a decent amount of coins from trading in the super early stages of the game, and to support my trading group, I'm asking you guys about your experiences from last year (because frankly, I can't remember! Like every year...).

During what time do higher rated players usually go up in price? For investment purposes. Obviously this only goes for players with higher demand, Premier league players for instance.

Consumables will only be going down from day one I assume?

Also, when I say day ONE, can we clarify it means release day, not web app release.

Any help and discussion from pro or hobby traders is much appreciated!

Comments

• Orison
    44368 posts International Superstar
    And thought it's only me who can never remember how I got my coins :joy: I remember most good deals from like 300-500k onwards, but how I got there I forget every year for 5 years straight now
  • Just_Unfair
    3831 posts National Call-Up
    Keep any player over 10k as there price will increase the first 2 weeks of fut
  • BRISTOL86
    8841 posts League Winner
    Keep anyone half decent that you pull for at least 1-2 weeks from release.
  • lhenners
    44 posts Park Captain
    I usually go good players for affordable squads that outside of BPL/La Liga e.g. I loaded up on Gustavo last year because people didn't go for him but he was one of best CDM's when people eventually built their team and I made about 60k off of him.

Just try to think out the box, also build a half decent team play with it a bit and it always rises first weeks of release when i've played :)
  • Just_Unfair
    3831 posts National Call-Up
    Yea the other trick is buy a very high demand player...use for a month and sell for profit win win
  • Florianr104
    Ibra will probably be a good bet, right?
  • Dylan98SWFC
    1314 posts Professional
    edited September 2016
    Day 1 I'll be Mass bidding, Bin Sniping and playing games. I expect to have 0 coins on day 1 as they'll be wrapped up in investments I picked up on the web app, just a team to play offline and grind coins/boosts.

I'm aiming to play a lot more this year than I will be trading so I'll continue to mass bid in-between games for the majority of the year while doing the inform trading, ShockzQT method, investing and the occasional sniping when I'm bored. If everything goes to plan I'll have a lot of coins or high rated players I've earned through Squad Builder Challenges.
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »

Good advice.

16's market was different to any since 13 (when I started playing and trading).

Here's what Costa's price did since the beginning. I think it's pretty typical.

05OdD5z.png

Last year, for me, mass bidding didn't really work as it was almost impossible to get players at a decent discount to min Bin and it was a lot harder to sell them much over min bin than in previous years.

I sold all my players before big events and traded consumables in between. I had CR7 by november...
  • Shadow_185
    7051 posts Big Money Move

nah :*
  • Bob_Dylan
    19184 posts World Class
    Shadow_185 wrote: »

nah :*

:|
  • Cahir85
    2276 posts Fans' Favourite
    Is this the crash before the crash yea? :p
  • Florianr104
    Cahir85 wrote: »

Always keep the crash before the crash in mind! Although now that people are aware of the crash before the crash, I'm guessing there will be a crash before the crash before the crash.
  • raz5229
    1091 posts Professional

Always keep the crash before the crash in mind! Although now that people are aware of the crash before the crash, I'm guessing there will be a crash before the crash before the crash.

Crashed.
  • BRISTOL86
    8841 posts League Winner
    stevvix wrote: »

Good advice.

Here's what Costa's price did since the beginning. I think it's pretty typical.

05OdD5z.png

Last year, for me, mass bidding didn't really work as it was almost impossible to get players at a decent discount to min Bin and it was a lot harder to sell them much over min bin than in previous years.

I sold all my players before big events and traded consumables in between. I had CR7 by november...

That's very typical.

Early access til full release - low (compared to the coming weeks)

First 1-2 weeks of full release - prices rise quickly due to huge influx of coins and players into the game.

After 2-3 weeks (or whenever the prices plateau off), a steady decline basically all the way until the following year when 18 comes out. Peaks and troughs along the way with special events but basically the trend from mid October to the following summer is down down down...
  • Dylan98SWFC
    1314 posts Professional

Good advice.

Got to say I didn't have too hard a time mass bidding, It's just great to do in-between games and it's pretty low effort. Keep in mind that FUTBin isn't from the web app, it's a little later.8 days after US release I believe.
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner

Good advice.

Got to say I didn't have too hard a time mass bidding, It's just great to do in-between games and it's pretty low effort. Keep in mind that FUTBin isn't from the web app, it's a little later.8 days after US release I believe.

Hmm... mass bidding on players ended for me after a month or two as consumables were more profitable, and then there were temp bans if you bid too often.

As agreed above, keep the best pulls you have for a week or two and then cash out. The FUTBin chart was there for reference not as a bible, as it gives a good overall idea of how the market goes over the year.

It'll be interesting to see how this year's market works.
  • Rozz
    6721 posts Big Money Move
    Best way to make coins is to take your console and throw it out the window ,then dig a 6foot hole, throw your FIFA 17 disc in there and fill with cement. This method will gain alot of quick profit.
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    Rozz wrote: »
    Best way to make coins is to take your console and throw it out the window ,then dig a 6foot hole, throw your FIFA 17 disc in there and fill with cement. This method will gain alot of quick profit.

It may well make a lot of life profit, but FUT coins?
  • hayhor1
    13973 posts Has That Special Something

definately
  • Izzy2K17
    11698 posts Has That Special Something
    So if I pack a decent player worth like 15k+ I should wait to sell him until like 2-3 weeks after release? I was planning on selling whatever I got on day one. And who are some guys you see as potential investments, hopefully I can make more coins than last year as my highest amount was ~800k and hopefully I'll get 1mil+ this year
  • Djkhalid1921
    9232 posts League Winner
    totw 1
  • PhilP
    1952 posts Play-Off Hero
    totw 1

this the select good players (fifa wise) from totw 1. With the game coming out after totw 1 is finished, try and get the best totw 1 player you can and as soon as possible before it ends/on release of the game.
  • Acker
    1108 posts Moderator
    TOTW 1 cards are always a good bet for investments

Last year Payet was my highest % of profit
  • WS-SCFC-1184
    1149 posts Professional
    Just do the usual coin making method but low sell high sorted :wink:
  • Djkhalid1921
    9232 posts League Winner
    Acker wrote: »
    TOTW 1 cards are always a good bet for investments

Last year Payet was my highest % of profit

doubled my coins in 1 week with payet and guarin :D
  • InfernaL
    1448 posts Play-Off Hero
    I remember buying 3 IF Jonas for 20k last year, and selling them for about 60k each 2 weeks later, except for 1 that I kept until november when he was going for like 90k and was almost extinct.
    TOTW 1 investments have always paid off for me these last couple of years.
  • CeeQue
    10155 posts Has That Special Something
    totw 1

I tripled my profit on Silver IF R.Mahrez by the end of the 2nd week he went from 50k-200k. I had 1 million coins by the end of the 1st month.
  • Florianr104
    InfernaL wrote: »
    I remember buying 3 IF Jonas for 20k last year, and selling them for about 60k each 2 weeks later, except for 1 that I kept until november when he was going for like 90k and was almost extinct.
    TOTW 1 investments have always paid off for me these last couple of years.
    CeeQue wrote: »
    totw 1

I tripled my profit on Silver IF R.Mahrez by the end of the 2nd week he went from 50k-200k. I had 1 million coins by the end of the 1st month.

Wow, seems like TOTW 1 investments are the way to go! Guess I'll be buying some of those on release day.

Any specific types of players best for this, other than popular leagues?