How is the demo then?

Orikoru
10712 posts Has That Special Something
edited September 2016
I wasn't able to play it last night, and I probably can't tonight either. Rather than read everyone's individual topics I thought I'd make a poll to summarise people's thoughts on it.

How is the demo then? 237 votes

Potentially the best Fifa ever
27%
JGomesAgent VZJayyThunderBarslundDSD27DaddyShaanxzMr_Don123rckstrHekTic_JukeZBenzP7Florianr104marvson[Z]one[ONE]REDUNITED3deepflowerDenisianesBaznotsobad76 WFCBagnallSellish 64 votes
Pretty good
39%
Sokker14DawudHolgerBadstuber ha032742jenksiee123RickSaifRBlakeAshyVertGelbschwarzPDJEYLoboNoboMikeyRUS_PreDaToRRozzZaknafein Do'UrdenGabbeAnDrEwThEdOnJoe 94 votes
Not bad
21%
ProHulst0sDiggyOrikorublureZAtomicOdintheduckisstillperfect21VerstappenRumplefishRBailssTizerZambo9Dropkiik MurphyContraCode64JaxitePMr. SoperAIeksTheMighyBeeSilky_SewardFubarRipper 50 votes
Not great
8%
Smudgefighter__noirAlemas_2012NornIronDarthThe longest yardChrisLFCMaximus AK47MisterRuxalexR9Crop_Dust3rGromitLumi_15Raspu71nGKSK Demisejack1092RufioAstro_RyBobo13K_DeBruyne 21 votes
Absolutely shocking
3%
Hicksy2011Bob LoblawDUKESTER-xKarlRecobaqwertzStorlocaOmar.aljanaby 8 votes

Comments

• Kamilflage
    4525 posts National Call-Up
    If it remains....
    Mind you I'm a huge fan of slow tactical gameplay
  • BlitzersNL
    24092 posts Club Captain
    Pretty good
    Haven't played yet lol
  • chaser2k15
    13320 posts Has That Special Something
    BlitzersNL wrote: »
    Haven't played yet lol

• Still downloading from last night, what's in this demo the lost content from no mans sky
  • RadioShaq
    14807 posts Moderator
    First impressions is the attacking offense gets into space pretty easy. Defense stands around while they allow through balls. I fear pace and through balls are going to be the thing but too early to tell and need to play humans.
  • Fletch
    3384 posts National Call-Up
    Been playing on legendary and it's actually quite fun. It seems keepers on legendary pull of brilliant saves regularly and that's great IMO.

My only gripe with the demo is how your ST sometimes gets caught way behind the play and ends up playing more of a CM role, yet no one fills the ST space
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Not bad
    Fletch wrote: »

My only gripe with the demo is how your ST sometimes gets caught way behind the play and ends up playing more of a CM role, yet no one fills the ST space

Did you try checking the instructions?
  • RJRanger
    46 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Not bad
    Played 2 matches this morning, need to play abit more before forming a proper opinion. First reaction is that it was not too bad tbh, hope long shots aren't too powerful/accurate.
  • Carling
    69 posts Park Captain
    Pretty good
    Just love this time of year, a new game, learning and adapting to new things. It looks and feels good. Roll on early access!
  • Fletch
    Rumplefish wrote: »

Yeah it's got nothing to do with that. The ST just has no interest in joining the attack lol.
  • Cherriesfan
    1279 posts Professional
    Pretty good
    Played two games last night, lost my 1St game 3-1 on Wc which is a good sign, shows there's things to be learnt.
  • Bob Loblaw
    11247 posts Has That Special Something
    Absolutely shocking
    havent played it yet
  • Orikoru
    Not bad
    Bob Loblaw wrote: »
    havent played it yet

Why vote if you haven't played it? :expressionless:
  • Orikoru
    Not bad

Yeah it's got nothing to do with that. The ST just has no interest in joining the attack lol.

Did you try setting him to get in behind though?
  • Kip2MyLou
    7396 posts League Winner
    havent played it yet

Why vote then?
  • jack1092
    159 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Not great
    too slow passing wise...you can hold down pass and the ball still trickles to the player
  • Fletch
    Orikoru wrote: »

Yeah man. Even put it on ultra attack lol
  • Orikoru
    Not bad
    jack1092 wrote: »
    too slow passing wise...you can hold down pass and the ball still trickles to the player

This is the same as Fifa 16 though - hence why we had to learn to use driven pass for 80% of passes.
  • Orikoru
    Not bad

Yeah man. Even put it on ultra attack lol

And it's the same for all strikers? Or maybe you were using one with H/H or M/H work rates? :grin: That is pretty poor if true though, it will make custom tactics pretty key if it stays the same on the full game.
  • Chubz
    3205 posts National Call-Up
    Played 1 and a half games (quit during 2nd game half way after I scored a goal and the first reaction of my player was exactly like previous fifas :( )

I'll play more tonight and slow it down, coming from fut16 with high tots/toty players :) I'll vote after some more game time
  • Pretty good
    Good. But everyone has thier own opinion, when you get a chance play it for yourself the make your own judgement.
  • thexavman
    466 posts Sunday League Hero
    havent played it yet

If it's anything like FIFA16 he doesn't need to.
  • RadioShaq
    14807 posts Moderator
    Watched a game of fut where they are at the capture event. Its going to be faster than I thought.
  • SimmoEFC
    11462 posts Has That Special Something
    Pretty good
    Pace seems to be more important than last year :(

Other than that it's decent. I don't think driven passes have been changed much at all which is good.
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Not bad
    thexavman wrote: »
    havent played it yet

If it's anything like FIFA16 he doesn't need to.

How will he know if he doesn't play it?
  • BenzP7
    8292 posts League Winner
    edited September 2016
    I settled on 41212-2 after trying out different formations. I also used instructions and ct to see how to make it effectively. As a result, I can beat legendary 3-0, 4-0 almost everytime!

I am loving it
  • JayyThunder
    4237 posts Big Money Move
    It plays just like the beta, except one thing is different, the camera is WAYYY zoomed out, so it took a little bit getting used to, I might move the camera closer to the pitch
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pretty good
    Overall I'm enjoying it - passing feels good to me, the player movement off the ball looks improved and I'm liking that players are staying onside. Also liking the change to corners but I don't know what prompted the need to change penalties - just seems unnecessary.
  • Choepiechakie
    31092 posts National Team Captain
    Pretty good
    It plays just like the beta, except one thing is different, the camera is WAYYY zoomed out, so it took a little bit getting used to, I might move the camera closer to the pitch

Beta discussion isnt allowed
  • Orikoru
    Not bad

Sounds good to me, I had my camera zoomed quite far out on 16 anyway so I could see more of the pitch for more passing options.