Leicester | Season 6 | September | Taking a break. Thanks guys |

Comments

• BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ted might buy Liverpool
  • Wyojasond
    14119 posts Has That Special Something
    edl5bbi.jpg

Thank you for joining us. Today sky sports has obtained the recording of a phone call between Multi-billionaire Ted Lasso, and former disgraced Liverpool assistant manager, Dean Michael Caine III. Lasso as you know has been in the news of late as it has been reported he has been trying to bully his way into buying a team here in England and has been repeatedly shot down. Well news broke late yesterday that a team has finally agreed to his terms and that the over-eccentric business man has plans to clean house and hired Caine after having some drinks with him on a plane. The following is the phone cal between the two earlier today….

TL: Caine my buy, how the heck are ya! I don't know about you, but I feel like a fairy pooped in my mouth last night. I haven't drank that much whiskey in a long time. (LOL)

DMC: (LOL) Yeah it's been a rough morning that's for sure. Honestly was starting to question whether or not yesterday actually happened.

TL: Well young man, it certainly happened, and while it might not have been the best business decision I've ever made, it's one I'm sticking with. I had a nice conversation with Jurgen Klopp this morning and he had some very high praise for you. He says you can be a bit of a dumba** when it comes to your temper, but you have a true skill and understanding of this game, and that's the type of person I want leading my team.

DMC: Well thank you sir! Honestly all I have ever wanted to do in my life was manage a team in the Premier League. This is truly a dream come true!

TL: Whoa, whoa, whoa! What makes you think your gonna be coaching in the Premier League!? Boy I don't know if you read the papers much, but these arrogant uptight b******* don't think too highly of me over there. While I did try to buy a couple of them, nobody would budge. No son, we are gonna have to work a little bit to get this team to the Premier League.

DMC: Sir I am sorry. I don't know why I thought that. In my defense though, you still haven't told me what team you bought.

TL: Well Dean, after some looking around, I was able to strike a deal with Roland Duchâtelet, owner of Charlton Athletic. That poor Belgian has had enough and was happy to sell. Now the team is sitting in a pretty good spot in League One right now, but I won't lie that we have some work ahead of us. Know this too, while I want us to win, I won't be wasting my money on this team. Your gonna have some pretty harsh restrictions for awhile. I want to see you build up our youth team and make us strong that way. This is purely a business decision for me. I could care less about soccer…

DMC: They call it football sir…

TL: Yeah, well I call it soccer, real football is played here in the states on Sundays. Also, don't ever interrupt me again. I hate when people talk when I'm talking, I didn't inherit all this money for people to talk over me. Now I'm gonna be flying back to London in a few days to finalize this deal. I want you to have all your ducks in a row and be ready to take this team over starting on October 1st. Can you handle that???

DMC: Yes sir, I don't know much about the team they have there but I'll start doing some research now. Thank you again sir, I promise I won't let you down.

TL: No hair off my a** if you do. I'll just fire you and find somebody better. Don't forget son, while I like you and think we can build something great, this is purely business for me. Now go get some rest, we have a busy week ahead of us.

And with that everyone we can now confirm that Ted Lasso has indeed purchased Charlton Athletic. What does the future hold for this once proud team that has fallen on very hard times? With the enigmatic owner and the controversial manager, we should certainly be in for some fireworks. Thank you all for joining us and good night.
  • Wyojasond
    DJjOSRx.jpg
  • Ahmer50x
    22883 posts Club Captain
    Good luck with the team, but that tagline gave me an STD :lol:
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    It's certainly going to be interesting to see how it goes with owner and manager. Hope you can revive a great old English club like Charlton Athletic.
  • Chris
    5401 posts Big Money Move
    Oh yeah you posted the graphics haha, forgot about that it

Good luck with Charlton!
  • theroyalschamp
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Good luck with Charlton. It's going to be a big test for you.
  • Cody22775
    591 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lasso seems like a no ❤️❤️❤️❤️ kinda guy, you won't last very long in Charlton
  • Ashy
    10767 posts Has That Special Something
    Had a feeling you would go with Charlton, good luck to you, they produce some good young talents (which normally leave before they get any good) so it will be good if you can keep them and return to the Prem!
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    I forgot about the WIP graphics as well, lol.

Nice choice though. I tenner seeing them play in the Prem, quite the fall since then.
  • Nice choice with Charlton, looks to be very interesting.

Good luck!
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Oooooh... Nice choice! I'm curious to see where they can arrive under your guidance.
    I must be honest, for a moment I thought you were going to end Cellino's reign of terror at Leeds United...
  • ale85bg wrote: »
    Oooooh... Nice choice! I'm curious to see where they can arrive under your guidance.
    I must be honest, for a moment I thought you were going to end Cellino's reign of terror at Leeds United...

I think someone might have to kill Cellino to end his reign of terror :D
  • Wyojasond
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Good luck with the team, but that tagline gave me an STD :lol:
    :D Well for what it's worth, I do know how to spell, but when I was doing my research on the team I saw that there nicknames were the Addicks, so I just rolled with it. Lol
    BistroXII wrote: »
    It's certainly going to be interesting to see how it goes with owner and manager. Hope you can revive a great old English club like Charlton Athletic.
    Thanks man. Really looking forward to it
    Chris wrote: »
    Oh yeah you posted the graphics haha, forgot about that it

Good luck with Charlton!
    :p Thanks man
  • Wyojasond
    Good luck with Charlton. It's going to be a big test for you.
    A huge test. Team is not setup for how I like to play at all. A few gems though.
    Cody22775 wrote: »
    Lasso seems like a no ❤️❤️❤️❤️ kinda guy, you won't last very long in Charlton
    Lol. Good thing it's not me there then :p DMC has some work ahead of him though for sure
    Ashy wrote: »
    Had a feeling you would go with Charlton, good luck to you, they produce some good young talents (which normally leave before they get any good) so it will be good if you can keep them and return to the Prem!
    Yeah I was hoping I could throw a few people off the scent by starting with Liverpool, but the plan was always to start with Charlton. Hoping to build the team around a strong youth system.
  • Wyojasond
    I forgot about the WIP graphics as well, lol.

Nice choice though. I tenner seeing them play in the Prem, quite the fall since then.
    Thanks man. Eager to get the graphics all in place and get this story rolling again. I have some great journal ideas with this team moving forward.
    JamieC wrote: »
    Nice choice with Charlton, looks to be very interesting.

Good luck!
    Thanks man.
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Lol. I was tempted to do a story with Leeds, but in the end, Charlton really stood out when I was doing my research.
  • Virtual_K
    1855 posts Play-Off Hero
    So Charleton's nickname is the "Addicks"? I guess with the hiring of Dean they just added another one. :D
  • theodom101
    484 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeah, I can't see you spending much time here either. I'd be intrigued by a true journeyman career though so I'm hoping that's the case as much as anything
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    So Charleton's nickname is the "Addicks"? I guess with the hiring of Dean they just added another one. :D

Hahaha :D
  • Wyojasond
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    :D:D Nice!
    theodom101 wrote: »
    Yeah, I can't see you spending much time here either. I'd be intrigued by a true journeyman career though so I'm hoping that's the case as much as anything
    I honestly don't have much planned past this so from here on out it will all be how the game plays out. I do have a couple fun surprises in store though ;)
  • Wyojasond
    Sorry for the delays guys. We had a crazy busy weekend! I'm still trying to get caught up with my business and then we had the Halloween product launch yesterday so I'm behind even more. Lol. I'm hoping to have a new journal entry up soon and I'm trying to work on my graphics before I pass out every night.
  • Tekkonkinkreet
    446 posts Sunday League Hero
    before I pass out every night.

Something you have in common with the narrator judging by his drinking habits
  • Ashy
    10767 posts Has That Special Something
    My mate supports Charlton, also Ademola Lookman is a player you want to build the team around, their best youngsters, and Tony Watt is currently loaned out, fast striker that has decent potential
  • Wyojasond
    before I pass out every night.

Something you have in common with the narrator judging by his drinking habits
    Yeah we both like our whiskeys before bed :D
    Ashy wrote: »
    My mate supports Charlton, also Ademola Lookman is a player you want to build the team around, their best youngsters, and Tony Watt is currently loaned out, fast striker that has decent potential

Lookman is gonna have a big part I feel like. Didn't know about Watt so that's good to know. Hoping to do some peeks into what Dean wants to do with this team moving forward.
  • Wyojasond
    dbkV7o2.jpg
  • Ahmer50x
    22883 posts Club Captain
    The photoshopped lasso pics :lol:
  • Chris
    5401 posts Big Money Move
    Are you sure you're managing Charlton and you're not actually just a cover teacher???
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lol.

I think they want you gone :)
  • Tekkonkinkreet
    446 posts Sunday League Hero
    'someone took a sh*t in my golf hole'

That was brilliant
  • theodom101
    484 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bunch of rascals! Will be a challenge trying to get them motivated with you and Lasso in charge