DEMO FEEDBACK --> if you are playing what are you noticing

Comments

• PARKOURBOY24
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    The Demo is great. Much improved over 16 however, I just wish that the skills mode was playable through all of it that way through that way I can get better on defense. I am happy to see that pacing and speed is actually a thing this year that is effective. The Journey is a little different then what I am use to of course only because i feel pressured to use the story character and make him do everything but other than that all is great in this and the 27th can not come soon enough.
  • Only got demo today (finally)...played one kick off, and one journey... initial thoughts: it's an impressive effort from EA. I can nitpick but I have to play more
  • nixdrauf
    276 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2016
    Nkp20mufc wrote: »
    ... it's a new engine but dont see why they would take it out. Unless its because they want the gameplay the same online and off. Sneaky way to try tempt you to play online.

i cant see, how the new engine affects the physics ... obviously the change in physics is not that big ... so the values of the physic engine have been been imported and used with the new engine instead of recreating it from the scratch ... adressing these values with sliders is same as before ... just changing some values

this "all has to look the same"-stuff is not very comfortable ... like customising the camera settings ... which is in fact kind of comedy when you see how "big" the changes are you can apply :'(
  • Marrone
    97 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    My impressions so far of the demo after having played the demo for hours at gamescom and now at home: first off fifa 16 for me has been the worst and most frustrating fifa ever. It even made me sell my fifa at a certain point, so fifa 17 could only be better.

Fifa 17 for me does not feel like a game that has a new engine. The differences just arent big enough for that. I also do not believe it is a completly new core engine but kind of upgraded ignite engine (which was also introduced as a new engine but appeared to be a upgraded previous engine). This is also seen in the fact that some of the previous bugs are still there.

Overall the demo plays nice but what is bothering me is the fact that when you shoot, there is a certain delay which is annoying. I think this is the result of the low driven shot. It appears as if they have extended the time between pressing the shoot button and actually shooting in order to make low driven shot possible since there has to be time to do the extra tap for low driven shot. This delay is also causing a lot of shots being blocked by defenders because it takes time.

Furthermore a too automatic through ball resulting in passing to nearest player instead of player you want is still there. Why is a semi-assisted through ball still not possible??

Shielding is waaaay to overpowered.

Demo is ok but in need of some serious tweaks.

Also please bring back in-menu leaderboard and projection of virtual pro!
  • WizardMD
    662 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Marrone wrote: »
    My impressions so far of the demo after having played the demo for hours at gamescom and now at home: first off fifa 16 for me has been the worst and most frustrating fifa ever. It even made me sell my fifa at a certain point, so fifa 17 could only be better.

Fifa 17 for me does not feel like a game that has a new engine. The differences just arent big enough for that. I also do not believe it is a completly new core engine but kind of upgraded ignite engine (which was also introduced as a new engine but appeared to be a upgraded previous engine). This is also seen in the fact that some of the previous bugs are still there.

Overall the demo plays nice but what is bothering me is the fact that when you shoot, there is a certain delay which is annoying. I think this is the result of the low driven shot. It appears as if they have extended the time between pressing the shoot button and actually shooting in order to make low driven shot possible since there has to be time to do the extra tap for low driven shot. This delay is also causing a lot of shots being blocked by defenders because it takes time.

Furthermore a too automatic through ball resulting in passing to nearest player instead of player you want is still there. Why is a semi-assisted through ball still not possible??

totally agreed!, specially the bold part! I don't see a huge difference graphically
  • CocoKof
    398 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2016

@I SiR MartY I
    When are you going to be playing Pro Clubs on twitch? Are you on early release thing or just release date?
  • fairplr
    110 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I am happy with the demo,have problem with penalties
    Can't wait for the release of the full game
  • CFCHenri
    3770 posts National Call-Up
    Iffybhai wrote: »
    Typical Costa. Cheat.

9Ruu6D6.jpg
  • CFCHenri
    3770 posts National Call-Up

The Frostbite Engine isn't a new engine, it's 7-8 years old now and was used for Battlefield Bad Company, Need For Speed Most Wanted 2012 etc. EA just draft game codes to different engines to use. There's Frostbite 2 and 3 engines and I haven't seen any indication online that FIFA 17 uses either of them so my guess is it's using the first Frostbite engine.
    ...when you shoot, there is a certain delay which is annoying. I think this is the result of the low driven shot. It appears as if they have extended the time between pressing the shoot button and actually shooting in order to make low driven shot possible since there has to be time to do the extra tap for low driven shot. This delay is also causing a lot of shots being blocked by defenders because it takes time.
    Vitto7 wrote: »
    good game but this should fix : crazy delayed passes and, specially, shots

https://youtube.com/watch?v=oGE_jhylEpM
    In this video i passed the ball before first tackle of D'ambrosio... HOPE this will be fix in the final release. Also the animation of shots are too too too slow and delayed

The input lag/ input delay is annoying in this demo and that alone will prevent me from buying the game. I can't be a decently good player looking like a newbie when input lag hits. So annoying. Delays are vital to winning games, it happens in passing, crossing, tackling and was terrible in FIFA 16 Online games and I'm surprised to see it in an offline "DEMO" so that's to say it isn't the EA servers but the game itself ruining the user's gameplay experience by not responding ASAP to user feedback.

• alencrnalic
    49 posts Park Captain
    edited September 2016
    I also noticed this, when is INJURY TIME and Referee is ready to show how much time he`s about to add, IT SEEMS SOMEHOW, HE DOES A SUBSTITUTE numbers, you can clearly see RED AND GREEN, instead of Injury time, did you saw that one ?
  • paul24878306
    4717 posts Big Money Move

1. Through ball - Ive though the same since 14.

2. I think Shielding is actually OK -though it needs a tweek. How effective it is should depend on a players physical/strength stat.
  • alencrnalic
    49 posts Park Captain
    I came up with this idea, and It would be total RESPONSE to Konami`s PES TAKING THE SHIRT OFF moment If managers all those beautiful people EA sports created and made could show us some fancy move when ball gets close to them, like some trick, or not giving a ball to a player, wasting time based on REAL LIFE character, LIKE PEP GUARDIOLA NOT GIVING THE BALL TO ROONEY in the Last week ManU v ManC derby that would be pretty cool, just in response to KONAMI`s taking the shirt off....
  • Passing is insanely accurate. Im all in for better passing especially after fifa 16 but the games im playing, both me and the cpu always have a 94+ passing accuracy
  • I notice on the PC version of the demo that I can't always get through to the actual game, as the training section before you get to the match doesn't always come up with a button to click to cancel/finish the training and go to the match. I need to come out totally and then start from scratch again....and sometimes I can get to the match. Any ideas why? Anyone else experience this?
  • Squanch
    133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 2016

1. Through ball - Ive though the same since 14.

2. I think Shielding is actually OK -though it needs a tweek. How effective it is should depend on a players physical/strength stat.

Shielding is fine. I thought it was really strong at first but I was using Zlatan, I tried it with Dybala and it was waaay less effective. So as you said it's conducive to strength and physicality. That's a very good sign and for me it may well be that EA have it in mind that people will still be able to exploit pressing online (and to be honest I don't think that'll ever change) and it's the way it is as a solid counter measure to beat the press; basically rather than just hitting a long through pass to space you've got the option to use a target man to slow play down.

Visually the game looks brilliant and genuinely feels like a current gen title now as opposed to a hybrid of the last few years. The animations in passing, shooting and controlling feel an awful lot more realistic as well.

I've noticed the issues with input lag as well as a drop in frame rate but I imagine/hope it will be fixed.

Usually from the demo you can tell exactly what you're in stall for and I definitely think this is the most optimistic I've been for a FiFa since 12.

It plays better, I like the feeling that again for the first time since 12 I can actually create patient play and can then score excellent team goals that aren't dependent on using a player with an OP physical trait. The long range goals also feel more 'tops off' in this as well, something that I felt the last few fifa's - especially last years - made a hash of with the screwy ball physics.

The other thing as well is the intelligence of the runs, I like that you can almost come to a stop and the players will still probe around you; for example I scored a goal with Silva, it came after I received the ball with Gundogan against a block Chelsea defence, I stop, offside Sterling drops in, pulls Ivanovic with him, Silva bends a run around the back and I play him through. That's only a couple of inputs to score that goal from one player when In previous renditions I'd have had to make several with all three players to even half create that opportunity.

I feel I need to play it more to see what other issues they have right now but on the whole it's a promising start.

The one thing I urge EA to do though is to be selective in who they listen to post release as I'm sure there will be an awful lot of hot takes on what's wrong and how they miss the end to end nature etc and that's usually what ruins the games half the time; EA end up pandering to the loudest dissenters and releasing an update that complete sets the gameplay out of kilter. That's happened since 13 was released and it needs to stop, especially if it goes against the kind of game they were trying to put out in the first place. I mean there's nothing worse than making a Fifa that was doing one thing but maybe not great into a Fifa that is geared to do that one thing but is now trying to be like previous Fifa's which were geared to be different, it usually ends up a mess.

edit: Actually just on the through balls I'm not sure I agree on this one, the example goal I scored with Silva was actually a short through pass and it was left stepped over by Aguero who in - especially last years - would have taken the ball on and more than like lost it. Granted it's not perfect but I definitely don't think we'll have the same issues of the last few years where players have been intercepting through balls intended for others.
  • Shaanxz
    21400 posts Club Captain

It's fifa's first year with a new engine, not counting ignite as well all know!

Pes first year on 14 was mediocre and we'll know how it's improved since
  • Humma78
    2544 posts Fans' Favourite
    Saw my first goalkeeper red card I was clean through on goal when the keeper fouled me and got a straight red. All subs had been used and Thiago Silva ended up in goal and saved the pen lol.
  • Heyhirst
    19 posts Last Pick at the Park
    nixdrauf wrote: »
    Last demos have been at first start, "wow, big difference" ... mostly coming from players feeling heavier and change of moving speeds.

When i started this demo, there was no big feeling of a change. But the more i play it, the more i feel it and the more i like it.

Just one thing about the shots. Volley shots have a really nice speed and power ... just feels great. The other shots, specially the curved ones feel a bit slow. Might be realistic to an extend. And it´s not about, if they should be more or less effective. But they could have more speed to give you this "wow"-feeling. Because if you score with a curved shot and the shot is just flying like a butterfly, this doesnt feel right ;-)

Also about shooting, if you run towards goal, the stop and turn the player almost with the back to the goal and shoot ... you still get a great shot. That´s quite unrealistic. Not everything needs to be fully realistic. But when it comes to long range shots .. for the game .. it´s more or less about finding the time and space to be able to perform them, as it´s not really the challenge to press the button and trigger them. So this corrupts the game mechanics a little if your player can perform a brilliant shot in a position of his boday that is simply impossible in reality and makes the option to just fire from all positions too mighty.

This is a complex topic after all, because in the box, i think it´s important to be able to shot from strange body positions like brilliant strikers shot while falling or with the back to the goal. This makes the stuff attractive to watch. But for distance shots .. that should not be possible.

Everyone loves long range screamers. But as everyone loves them ... it´s really important, that they are not too easy to pull off and not too overpowered to a) keep them something special and b) keep the game beautiful and not a run and gun festival which needs no skill at all. But .. they still can look BAM :#

btw ... Cameras should be more customisable ... <3

in regards to shooting with back to goal and general shooting, i think ea don't allow sliders in the demo because they bump up shooting so they go in more. this is a business ploy to atttact kids that think you can score from anywhere. always been like this in demos but will be tweaked in the full release to allow realistic shooting.
  • Heyhirst
    19 posts Last Pick at the Park
    DeZoonVan wrote: »
    Not liking the fact that on Legendary every team feels like Barcelona. There goes the authenticity, just doesn't feel real. I want those high tempo games when playing with English teams, not tiki taka.
    what I'm scared about is if i do a career with say chelsea or arsenal or whoever and i get like luton or hartlepool in the fa cup (no disrespect to these teams, same goes for leeds who i support) then they will play like barca. i wish they were still challenging, but played more long balls and high pressing, instead of world class and legendary= tika taka with every team. needs some diversity for each club
  • hello everybody! i was having problem with my analog joystick and after some unsucessful tries i found this one that solved my problem:
    You could try this one, coz in my specific situation i could config Joy normally at x360ce, but the config wouldn´t be recognized in the game, after seeking this tutorial ( LINK ABOVE) my config was finnaly recognized!! all button, including RIGHT ANALOG STICK is good
  • BLaZiNgSPEED
    419 posts Sunday League Hero
    Tomok13 wrote: »
    I notice on the PC version of the demo that I can't always get through to the actual game, as the training section before you get to the match doesn't always come up with a button to click to cancel/finish the training and go to the match. I need to come out totally and then start from scratch again....and sometimes I can get to the match. Any ideas why? Anyone else experience this?
    No, I don't have this problem. Have played the game for 11 hours or so since the demo release on PC and have not come across this issue yet.

During the training section all you do is press the "Start" button on your Xbox 360 Controller or whatever controller you have. Pressing the start button should skip the training session and get to your match. If this doesn't then you must have a problem either with the controller or the game.

Try doing a repair of FIFA 17 Demo on origin to see if there aren't any missing or corrupt files. Also check your controller. Make sure you don't have more than 4 controllers connected. I heard that there was a bug in previous FIFA's with 4 controllers connected.

Check that you have the latest graphics card drivers as well.
  • nixdrauf
    276 posts Sunday League Hero
    Heyhirst wrote: »
    in regards to shooting with back to goal and general shooting, i think ea don't allow sliders in the demo because they bump up shooting so they go in more. this is a business ploy to atttact kids that think you can score from anywhere. always been like this in demos but will be tweaked in the full release to allow realistic shooting.

hopefully ... for me distance shots have been to easy in any fifa :)
  • Kravenhart
    53 posts Park Captain
    edited September 2016
    1. Every shot by the IA from 30 or 40 meters is goal, (Legend difficulty).
    2. Night lighting is the worse I've ever seen. Do developers watch Champions League from Europe? Stadiums are brighter at night than at day! And in the game is dark as a cave.
    3. You cannot face the opponent with L2+R2, it looks random, now the more times is just like pres L2, you give the back to your opponent to protect the ball, No more "one-two"?
    4. Oriented control, no more working if you aren't pressing the running button.
    5. Shielding is OP.
    Post edited by Kravenhart on

• I like it. Had a few games on the lower difficulties since I haven't played FIFA since '14.

Good to see the AI passing it more on low difficulties rather than trying to dribble-ball like a moron all the time.

Also fantastic to see yesterday, the AI did a pro foul when I skinned him and he got sent off. Also saw an offside goal and a goal line clearance with the goal/no goal tech. Quite nice to see all those things happening.

The replay/highlights system is pretty decent too. I'm still learning the game, getting used to tackling in particular and defending which is a bit tricky since I'm so used to containing, and the AI can just split the defence with decent passes at time.

Absolutely hate the new corner set up though.
  • CFCHenri wrote: »

The Frostbite Engine isn't a new engine, it's 7-8 years old now and was used for Battlefield Bad Company, Need For Speed Most Wanted 2012 etc. EA just draft game codes to different engines to use. There's Frostbite 2 and 3 engines and I haven't seen any indication online that FIFA 17 uses either of them so my guess is it's using the first Frostbite engine.

FIFA 17 is using Frostbite 3, which is about 2 years old...

I'm discounting BF4 (2013) because 3.0 was developed alongside the game and no other developers got their hands on it to develop games with it until after BF4 was released.