DEMO FEEDBACK --> if you are playing what are you noticing

Comments

• Moa
    43 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited September 2016
    Eddie wrote: »
    Stupid question time. Are the low driven shots automatic or do you press another button, like the driven pass?

Press the shot button 2 times
  • Ripsmokey78
    72 posts Park Captain
    Stupid question time. Are the low driven shots automatic or do you press another button, like the driven pass?
    you double tap the shot button for ground passes.

• Moa
    43 posts Last Pick at the Park
    What's the best Camera setting so far? Are u guys using FIFA 16 Classic câmera?
  • Eddie
    736 posts Semi-Pro
    Alex wrote: »

Think it's double tap shoot for low driven shot.

Thought so. Tried a double tap last night but it ended up being a pea roller so thought it may have been done automatically. Just a poor effort I guess.

• Samoook
    64 posts Park Captain

;)
  • CaptainJack13
    644 posts An Exciting Prospect
    They haven't put the one person kick off in the game. Will they add this?
  • Simply the best football game ever made . Demo This is the true reprensatividade real football. I hope you do not change the game with updates as was done in FIFA 16 .
  • jjara
    76 posts Park Captain
    The driven finish was deadly for me yesterday. i love that when I was under pressure the driven shot really didn't work but finesse did. When youre alone in the box though, it is lethal.
  • jrspc wrote: »
    Fifa isn't broken it's amazing.

Play it on default assisted settings and it feels broken.

Play it on full manual and Its fun, realistic and feels like soccer

I'm guessing the 17 version will prove this as well

My suggestion when the game comes out in two weeks convert to full manual play.

Agree! All the people whining are those who can't make a pass or score a goal without some sort of assist turned on... If people only had some patience and tried to play on full manual they would learn that full manual makes FIFA so much better

• Tof33z
    7042 posts Big Money Move

Thought so. Tried a double tap last night but it ended up being a pea roller so thought it may have been done automatically. Just a poor effort I guess.

It's not really a double tap though. Power up the pass and then do a second tap. If you double tap, you're not powering up and your pea roller will result
  • GoonerSoldier
    381 posts Sunday League Hero
    Full Manual player here. Let me just say the passing and shooting on Full Manual feels incredible. But after a few games I fear for the full manual players going up against assisted or semi assisted players. I switched the defending over to Legacy and I think the game just plays A LOT better. It is not over powered like previous years and you still have to position your player better. Some ppl say there is an issue with pace but I did not notice this at all. I think it has more to do with the Tactical Defending and ping pong passing that goes on in assisted game play.

What really sucks is that this year Fifa will not have lobbies online for us full manual players. And when we go and try to play a game on Seasons it NEVER finds an opponent. If EA cared more about its manual players I wouldn't have an issue buying this game on release. But because they don't seem to care about us I will probably get the game on black Friday for $25 bucks.
  • GoonerSoldier
    381 posts Sunday League Hero
    Cooper400 wrote: »
    jrspc wrote: »
    Fifa isn't broken it's amazing.

Play it on default assisted settings and it feels broken.

Play it on full manual and Its fun, realistic and feels like soccer

I'm guessing the 17 version will prove this as well

My suggestion when the game comes out in two weeks convert to full manual play.

Agree! All the people whining are those who can't make a pass or score a goal without some sort of assist turned on... If people only had some patience and tried to play on full manual they would learn that full manual makes FIFA so much better

Jesus Christ... So many ppl waking up to the fact the game plays better on Full Manual... Its too bad we wont be able to compete Online as much since Seasons Manual is BROKEN.
  • Karim21K
    180 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Am i the only one who think its really difficult to steal the ball from the opponents?
  • jrspc
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Cooper

Could you also post on the thread about manual players creating a new online home.

On that thread we are proposing the idea that manual players need to create their own simple way to find each other.

The idea is to spread the word that in FIFA 17 online manual players should meet in seasons on exact 3 star teams.

We call it channel 3.

Thanks
  • jrspc
    GoonerSoldier

Could you also post on our manual thread and try to help us gather the manual community on FIFA 17 on channel 3

ie: seasons exact three star teams

Of course I realize we won't see you there until BLACK Friday.

:wink:
  • bigpokey24
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2016
    How about the new shooting? If you try to pull a fifa 16 type shot, the ball goes way way over the bar, you got to be tactical when shooting now. I played on legendary... still trying to figure a camera setting i want to use . tele, 20 by 0 , telebroadcast 20 by zero or the new camera setting 20 by 0 , i play on a 58 inch TV on the xbox and 50 on the ps4
  • paul24878306
    4717 posts Big Money Move

Not quite double tap. You first "tap" is your power level as it was in 16. The second tap is for low/head down. So if you just double tap you will get a very low power shot. You have to hold the first press to get your power level, then let go and quickly tap again (tap not hold) for ground shot.
  • Pwaaaleee
    371 posts Sunday League Hero
    Enjoying it even though it doesn't play that much different. It's like visuals have had a lick of paint this year.

BUT THE PITCH IS WASHED OUT. It looks terrible during day and night games. Since PS4 the pitches have looked incredible but this year it's horrible. It's strange cuz the lighting looks better at night around the stadiums it's just the pitch that's the issue. Changing settings on TV doesn't do much because players look all green n yellow so, meh..

• paul24878306
    edited September 2016
    Cooper

Could you also post on the thread about manual players creating a new online home.

On that thread we are proposing the idea that manual players need to create their own simple way to find each other.

The idea is to spread the word that in FIFA 17 online manual players should meet in seasons on exact 3 star teams.

We call it channel 3.

Thanks

Can only really be dont in seasons I think. In FUT its impossible to find manual players. It shouldnt be, but it is. So you either have to play an existing team manual, or build your own FUT team and play against (almost certainly) fully assisted players. Neither are ideal.

I have really enjoyed playing manual in the demo (as well as in 16 against friends) BUT your only competitive, or only equal when both players use manual.

EA do need to fix this. how about selecting "amateur" or "professional" when you play FUT? Amateur being any assistance level and Professional being forced manual. Im pretty sure most players will go for professional without realising its forced manual (cos there all gud right) - then will complain that the game is broken (well broke, because most cant speak english properly), be told online what the difference between the options are, and either revert (grumbling) to amateur OR learn how to play properly.
  • jrspc
    Paul

Please take this in a friendly manner.

Can you re-write that last post? I'm really struggling to understand what you are saying.
  • Pwaaaleee
    Paul

Can you re-write that last post? I'm really struggling to understand what you are saying.

Pitch/grass doesn't seem to have the right colour to it. Seems washed meaning it looks very faded. It should be looking like a lush green which makes it a bit brighter and full of colour.

Look at Fifa 16 pitch in same sunny weather condition and it looks better.

• paul24878306
    Paul

What Im saying, is EA should introduce a two tier FUT league system. When you go into FUT, and go to "find a match" you get asked "select league" and get given "amateur" and "professional" as options. If you select "Amateur" it plays as it does already. If you select "professional" it auto changes, and locks your assistance settings to manual. It then matches you to another player in the same "league", therefore matching fully manual players only with other fully manual players.

That way, if you only want to play manual you can - against other manual players, BUT as most players dont like to think there not "good" and dont like to loose (which is why they choose to use assisted settings) they will naturally choose professional (as they would world class offline). They then find they cant play the game as they are used to, and will either go back to the amateur league, or take the time to learn to play fully manual.

The upshot, would be in a couple of years time - most players will have converted to fully manual, as they will all want to think they are good enough for the "professional" league - which will end up being a better experience for all of us.

By using "amateur" for assisted (well any level actually) and "professional" for manual only - is using a little psychology to get most players to break from their comfort zone and learn to play un aided. Most of us dont want to think were only good enough to be an amateur.

• Pwaaaleee
    Paul

What Im saying, is EA should introduce a two tier FUT league system. When you go into FUT, and go to "find a match" you get asked "select league" and get given "amateur" and "professional" as options. If you select "Amateur" it plays as it does already. If you select "professional" it auto changes, and locks your assistance settings to manual. It then matches you to another player in the same "league", therefore matching fully manual players only with other fully manual players.

That way, if you only want to play manual you can - against other manual players, BUT as most players dont like to think there not "good" and dont like to loose (which is why they choose to use assisted settings) they will naturally choose professional (as they would world class offline). They then find they cant play the game as they are used to, and will either go back to the amateur league, or take the time to learn to play fully manual.

The upshot, would be in a couple of years time - most players will have converted to fully manual, as they will all want to think they are good enough for the "professional" league - which will end up being a better experience for all of us.

By using "amateur" for assisted (well any level actually) and "professional" for manual only - is using a little psychology to get most players to break from their comfort zone and learn to play un aided. Most of us dont want to think were only good enough to be an amateur.

Ha, my name is Paul as well and I've replied to that for no reason. I'm such a doughnut. :smiley:
  • PLUS EA DON'T CHANGE THE GAME SPEED FROM THE DEMO IN THE REAL GAME !!!
    DON'T PATCH IT TO DEATH...
    @rob
    Same happened to fifa 16, the demo wss good and then the real game was patched to death it was so speedy ...
  • Silent Singer74
    676 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I've a lot of hope for final version since demo is obviously an older build. (Can only comment on 6 games I've played so far).

Gk's have hands and don't get beat at near post which is a huge thing from 16.

Player switching (manual) seems to work to the correct player in the best position 95% of the time.

Passing seems to go to the sensible option instead of to the furthest player forward.

A.I. seems to cover the runners better from a defensive point of view inside the box instead of standing ball watching.

I find the pace of the game somewhere around where it should be but I'm hoping it's the same for fut online too because that's usually faster than offline.

No doubt there'll be issues the more I play it but hopefully most are ironed out by release and first day update.

Don't mess it up this year EA. You owe us this after 15 & 16!!!!
  • nsholmberg11
    1430 posts Play-Off Hero
    @Silent Singer74 pretty well summed it up. really hope it's not messed with too much. seems really solid so far likewise I've played like 5 games.

• Karim21K
    180 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I scored a clear goal with Willian, immediately after I scored it Diego Costa ran and claimed he scored the goal and the camera focused on him as the goalscorer. Costa did not even touch the ball at all. The replay clearly shows Willian as the scorer. Too funny lol.

http://xboxclips.com/Karim21K/f489beca-a016-43ac-9087-52fd561fdd14
  • Iffybhai
    126 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Typical Costa. Cheat.
  • paul24878306
    Karim21K wrote: »
    I scored a clear goal with Willian, immediately after I scored it Diego Costa ran and claimed he scored the goal and the camera focused on him as the goalscorer. Costa did not even touch the ball at all. The replay clearly shows Willian as the scorer. Too funny lol.

http://xboxclips.com/Karim21K/f489beca-a016-43ac-9087-52fd561fdd14

Pretty lifelike Id say.
  • jrspc
    Amazing programing. :blush: