DEMO FEEDBACK --> if you are playing what are you noticing

Comments

• Pros:
    1. Looks amazing.

2. Passing is fluid and the through balls are much better.

3. Shooting feels smother, finishing is a lot better than previous games.

4. It's easier to dictate the game with a deep play maker (when they don't go charging up the pitch, see cons.) Because of the better passing and the more fluid movement.

5. When defending players you aren't controlling don't just stand around near their position like in previous games. They actually press and try and win the ball back for you. This is good but could do with a little tweaking because defenders often go charging out of position without you asking them to. But this is an improvement when players do it correctly.

6. After passing players move into space to receive a return pass without you pressing LB, this is good!

Cons:
    1. Defender positioning, especially on 3 at the back formations is terrible. 3 defender formations haven't worked as they should since FIFA 13. The defenders have no cohesion, they don't mark strikers tightly enough, there's no tangible defensive line, they just sort of going wondering around with no regard for the position of other defenders. And the positioning of defenders when crosses come in is dreadful. It's not too bad on 4 defender formations but in all formations defenders don't track runners from midfield anywhere near well enough.

2. Players still don't listen to instructions. You tell your DM to "stay back whilst attacking" and yet he goes thundering up the pitch and leave your defence exposed. Certain players are worse than others. Yaya Toure, for example, does it all the time and Ibrahimovic may as well play as a CM, no matter what instructions you give him he comes ludicrously deep looking for the ball.

3. Players swap positions too frequently. I know players swap positions in real life to throw defenders off or to drag defenders out of position and create space for others but this game just takes it too far. Playing as City, have Silva at CAM, he drifts out to the right and is in space so I pass him the ball. At which point Zabaleta goes and fills in the space that Silva has left in the middle which basically means I have Zabaleta at CAM and Silva at RB. The space Silva left should've been filled by either a forward to drag a defender out of place or to exploit the space or by a runner from midfield. It shouldn't have been filled by the RB just because the CAM went out to near where the RB was. Also happens in central midfield a lot. If the CAM comes deep to get the ball a CDM will go charging forward regardless of what instructions you've given them so you end up in a position where James Rodriguez is at CDM and Casemeiro is at CAM all because James came deep to pick up the ball. It's so infuriating and hard to establish a pattern of play or get passing moves going because players are all over the place and you can't predict where they're going to be.

4. Goalkeepers still deal with corners too easily, bringing out your GK deals with every corner except short ones or really deep crosses.

5. It's a little too fast. Speed wise it feels a lot like FIFA 15. I'm worried that we might go back to pace being the most important stat for almost ever position.

6. I'm not a fan of the new set piece system. It seems over complicated, especially penalties. I think the old system was better.

Although it may not look like it with all the cons I've typed out I actually quite enjoy the game. A few tweaks of player behaviours and positioning would make it much better in my opinion.
  • Heyhirst wrote: »
    I love that crossing is fixed, keepers no longer now magnetise to ever ball put into the box, allows better use of target men like ibra and carrol.

I hate the run ups on free kicks and pens though, has the potential to be class but looks really messy and just horrible, needs to have fixed locations to move from.

Really? I didn't notice a difference. Next time you concede a corner hold down Y and I bet your keeper deals with it easily. Unless it's a short one of course.
  • Eddie
    736 posts Semi-Pro
    I actually think the new penalty system is an improvement. Run and direction with the left stick and power with the shoot button, I really can't see how people are finding this difficult?
  • Seem good so far, would like the cpu to be more fretaning in attack. But definitely better than 16 (might get to complete a career season this year!).
  • Chixxy-
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    For me the most noticeable change and much appreciated one is that your uncontrolled CPU teammates make realistic runs. This is massive imo, for the first time ever my DM will jog towards my centre-half to collect the ball off of him. In previous years the only run any CPU player made was a straight line towards the opponents goal. Noticing the wingers making a lot of curved runs inside the full-backs too, this never happened in previous instalments. A press of L1 or LB would normally send the receiver running in a straight line and offside.

The way shielding works is excellent, players don't just get breezed off the ball like last year. In FIFA 16 it seemed that a lot of the game was players just sprinting next to each other to win the ball and you would get stuck in a constant melee with neither of you keeping possession. It's refreshing to be able to put your arm across and get your body in the way. Notice Zlatan backs into the defender a lot to receive the ball, rather than just standing in between the lines like a lemon.
  • Chixxy-
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    CFCHenri wrote: »
    New FALSE 9 Player Instruction

CsQYWBBWgAA087T.jpg:large

I bloody rate that!
  • My thoughts:

1. Graphics a bit better than fifa 16, but now, it looks like painted in watercolor or cartoony.
    2. Picture is blurring!!! this is what I do not like most of all! It looks like in fog! there is no clarity and sharpness!
    3. At the same time, the grass is too detailed, contrasting and clearly, but players looks blurring in comparing with grass.
    4. Sometimes players looks like vibrating, especially during fast passes.
    5. And last, it loads PC processor much more than Fifa 16! I hear cooler! I did not hear cooler work in Fifa 16, but now it loads processor much harder!!!
  • Eddie wrote: »
    I actually think the new penalty system is an improvement. Run and direction with the left stick and power with the shoot button, I really can't see how people are finding this difficult?

It's not difficult, just unnecessarily complicated. Old system was just press shoot and choose direction. Now you can change the angle of your run up, change how far you are away from the ball. Just seems like it wasn't needed.
  • 1. I like the faster pace , feels more like fifa 15, AI defense is much, much better and harder , at the same time AI runs from teammates is much , much better too, feels balanced.

2. Night games are too dark pitch/bad lightning, looks so much better at day

3. Finesse shots are not instant goal as they was in 16, looks like normal shot , just regular B instead of R1+B is better in most cases in my experience so far.

4. Have not found a perfect camera setting yet, so far using tele broadcast with custom camera settings 17 height and 5 zoom, anyone got good tips for camera?

5. limiting game to 60 fps in the launcher doesnt work, it still runs at 120 fps (120 hz monitor for me)

, ill add more later :D

• TheMighyBee
    647 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's incredible when you feel the difference between how responsive PES 2017 is compared to FIFA 17, you can go and make a cup of tea while your player waits and tries to control the pass on FIFA. PES you feel like you are connected to the player at all times, FIFA still feels like a struggle and the collisions are still there, it feels awkward.

Finally EA have to really step their game up, I'm going to start with PES and see how FIFA evolves and the general feedback.
  • creative
    250 posts Sunday League Hero
    Same crap as the beta, I was expecting a little better in the demo.

1. Passing too Accurate, You can play perfect passes facing the wrong way again.
    2. players just lose control of the ball when you try to pass sometimes obviously a bug. but was in the beta too
    3. interceptions are still non-exsistant
    4. standing tackle is still way overpowered
    5. strength button is overpowered still
    6. Atmosphere is terrible, Why is the spanish GOL noise gone?? You have reverted back to the dull english noise which even barely sounds like that. It sounds like about 5 people going yes. You just announced that atmosphere etc was going to be great.. LOL? Is this just demo material or is this the atmopshere we can expect in the full game.

I managed 1 game and 30 seconds into another and couldn't bare to play it anymore. Some of you may like this, I have no idea why but for me, The combinations of the above and more thing's that probably exist from the beta but i cant be bothered to find out if they do it just makes for a terrible experience... If offline is like this i dont even want to remember what online was like from the beta.

You can't say my post is rage material either because i dont lose against the computer this is just what i experience.
  • GodLevel
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Custom Camera settings seem to have no effect
  • TheMighyBee
    647 posts Sunday League Hero
    GodLevel wrote: »
    Custom Camera settings seem to have no effect

Think it's a bug, I had to change it off default
  • Eddie
    736 posts Semi-Pro
    aford92 wrote: »
    Eddie wrote: »

It's not difficult, just unnecessarily complicated. Old system was just press shoot and choose direction. Now you can change the angle of your run up, change how far you are away from the ball. Just seems like it wasn't needed.

You don't have to move position though, it's just an option if you want to. I'm not sure it makes it anymore complicated. Yes you now have to do two things at once but it's more rewarding if you score IMO.

Not as bad as some are making out.
  • Alphadude10
    49 posts Park Captain
    edited September 2016
    1. Are people trolling when they say graphics are way better? Looks the same to me, maybe slightly better.

2. What is with the slow lobbed passed? I used to love switching the play but now even if i hold down the square button (long ball) players play the ball really slowly.

3. Is it me or do players feel slow and clunky?

I can;t believe i'm going to say this but i'm not going to lie, i had more fun playing the pes demo. Just felt more smooth and responsive.
  • Eddie
    736 posts Semi-Pro
    @Alphadude10

1. Are people trolling when they say graphics are way better? Looks the same to me, maybe slightly better.

>The lighting is better, not a huge difference though.

2. What is with the slow lobbed passed? I used to love switching the play but now even if i hold down the square button (long ball) players play the ball really slowly.

>Can't say I'd noticed, seemed similar to 16.

3. Is it me or do players feel slow and clunky?

>Yes and I'm delighted. Players now have more inertia as per real life. I'm sick of seeing player movements that defy physics, it usually looks garbage. Will take getting used to but it's better.
  • it does feel a bit clunky.

odd as last week a few pes emo naysayers were getting that one in about pes when it clearly doesnt.

maybe they were beta testers and knew it was clunky so got their attack in first?
  • Heyhirst
    19 posts Last Pick at the Park
    aford92 wrote: »
    Heyhirst wrote: »
    I love that crossing is fixed, keepers no longer now magnetise to ever ball put into the box, allows better use of target men like ibra and carrol.

I hate the run ups on free kicks and pens though, has the potential to be class but looks really messy and just horrible, needs to have fixed locations to move from.

Really? I didn't notice a difference. Next time you concede a corner hold down Y and I bet your keeper deals with it easily. Unless it's a short one of course.
    well maybe online but against cpu the keeper doesn't seem to go for the ball as much, which is good but maybe online will still be the same.
  • also graphics...yes.
    very odd.

have you seen nolito PMSL
  • Dh71675
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 2016
    I have not owned either PES or FIFA as this is my first go into the soccer world. With that said I have played quite a bit of the PES demo and now the FIA demo. To me as I have no bias towards either game except which one seems more enjoyable my thoughts are:

1) FIFA hands downs looks so much better than PES - not even close in the overall graphics department

2) PES at times felt very robotic when moving so I can agree with that feedback I have seen mentioned

3) PES is slightly more difficult playing vs. the computer

4) The Journey has a LOT of potential and after the small taste you get with the demo I am really looking forward to seeing how this progresses

5) Finally with Madden I have always loved the online aspect and have to imagine that FIFA like Madden is going to have a very good "online" experience.

With that said PES is a good game but just is not going to have the longevity of FIFA with the expected great online play to come!!

*** My experience is on the PS4.
  • joehuk
    4283 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2016
    Main issue, Feels like we're playing on ice, Some of the animations feel/look bouncy, hard to explain but doesn't feel i'm in control at all times.

Goalkeepers are terrible

Game feels to fast.

Overall not as impressed with FIFA 17 as I hoped, but eh only a demo and probably an early build.
  • Simply the best football game ever made . Demo This is the true reprensatividade real football. I hope you do not change the game with updates as was done in FIFA 16 .
  • BLaZiNgSPEED
    419 posts Sunday League Hero
    andybaba wrote: »
    oh and as for the guy who said dont manual the passing for keyboard users, i have 16 on ps4 and pc, whenever i'm on pc there's a few hundred online, as opposed to thousands on console.
    pc record 102 wins to 17 losses, won d1 multiple times back to back,
    ps4 cant get outta div7 lol.
    play on what makes you happy, but fifa is most definitely a console game, mainly xbox 1 due to the awesome deal they got, but with ps4's popularity it's fairly even. i dunno how you play with a keyboard, but kudos to you, fifa 97 was the last keyboard game i had haha.
    defo a friendly tip to join the console for a game like fifa, fifa on pc jus doesnt have enough good players

I don't understand why you're referring to the PC version as a keyboard game. When FIFA 17 Demo and all previous FIFA's for the past decade on PC supports 30 official gamepad controllers with 360 degree player movement and dribbling. I always use Xbox 360 Controller to play FIFA, NBA 2K, PES or any other sports games including driving games.

You see with PC Gaming, it is no longer something you can generalize as Keyboard and Mouse only. It is something that supports all peripherals nowadays.

I don't care about the number of players. 200 or 2000. As long as I can find players online that's all it matters. I even use to play Chessmaster 10/Grandmaster Editions online that only had 20 people at a time. While online chess sites such as chess.com have 20000 people online. But guess what? I still preferred the Chessmaster due to other important aspects like 3D chess sets, etc.

It's the same with FIFA or any other game on PC. The number doesn't affect me as long as it is not as low as 2-3 players online only then it is a problem. Because overall the package that it provides is to our satisfaction.
    For example here I mention that I can play FIFA 17 Demo at 4K resolution maxed out with 60fps using GTX 960 4GB.
    While the console gamers may have thousands of players online, but will be stuck with 1080P.
    So the irrationality would be to spend £300 on a console just to play FIFA. Or you can spend half that money on a GPU and CPU that can run FIFA 17 at 4K res!
  • bigpokey24
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    What's the best Camera setting so far?
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    Played ~10 games last night. The most fun I had was playing my son in the Dribbling Competition skill game prior to the start of the game. The one with 3 small goals on each side. They should put that out there online. We were having a blast playing that. Even a 2v2 online version would be fun.

Decided to play 2 games this morning before work just to refresh my memory....

- Ping pong passing is way OP. Don't feel like you have to do much to pass the ball around. I was trying to give the ball away and couldn't. Seriously. Try to pass the ball to a defender and see what happens.

- Combine the ping pong passing with really OP LT dribble/shield... wowza. Post up/targetman goals galore. 2nd game this morning I used Man U and Ibra was unstoppable. Shield, fake shot turn, power rip, repeat.

- While "power" shots seemed way too soft in 16, they seem like cruise missles in 17. Seem to come off way to fast. Unrealistic. However, the hard & low shots are a blessing. Much more realistic.

- Full speed running zig zag dribble seems WAY OP.

- Thruballs do seem better.

- Seem to have more control of defenders, no ice skates.

- Looks good from a graphics standpoint. I really like the replays.

- Shooting still feels a bit odd to me. However, scored 2 nice finesse goals with Pogba. I think you need a little more power then 16 to get the same shot height.
  • alencrnalic
    49 posts Park Captain
    edited September 2016
    I noticed, in a new CORNER SYSTEM, the ball circle is moving if you don't hold it... That is really bad, it affects cross, curl of the ball, height and maybe ball travel speed. That I don't like if it affects all these thing, just cause I cant handle a simple CIRCLE to stay in one place...
  • Ohma
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Whatever the score, you can pass the ball around with the defenders during the whole game, on Legandary difficulty. No CPU pressure whatsoever. You can easily have 100 % possession if you want. Ridiculous.
  • Samoook
    64 posts Park Captain
    edited September 2016
    I really liked the demo. Can't wait to put my hands on final version!

It was just my impression, or now we have big consume of the stamina according to the runs? (much more then previous games 14, 15, 16)

Some players got completely tired from the 65th - 70th minute, always according to how much I pushed them during the match. (few of them, including, getting injured)
  • Eddie
    736 posts Semi-Pro
    Stupid question time. Are the low driven shots automatic or do you press another button, like the driven pass?
  • Alex
    976 posts Moderator
    Eddie wrote: »
    Stupid question time. Are the low driven shots automatic or do you press another button, like the driven pass?

Think it's double tap shoot for low driven shot.