DEMO FEEDBACK --> if you are playing what are you noticing

Comments

• Eddie
    736 posts Semi-Pro
    Dr.Strange wrote: »
    Everything feels so sluggish. Maybe its more enjoyable vs another player but not a fan as it is. If it's better than 16 it's not by much.

Passes are awful. Nearly 100% power and the ball barely catches speed.

That's what R1 is for. Watch a real game of football and you'll notice the vast majority of passes aren't zipping around like a pinball.
  • smnox
    99 posts Park Captain
    edited September 2016
    Just played the 1st game on full manual. My impression below

- Not impressed with the graphics, to me it's just same as last year.

Gameplay wise(manual):
    - the glitch where random min power after multiple one touch passes seems fixed
    - It's possible to pass to any direction regardless where the passer is facing, with the fix above, means ping pong is back.
    - System auto switch to wrong receiver seems to be fixed. Instead of lock the receiver to run to the ball, it switches between the closest player to the ball until someone trap it.
    - Pass power now more consistent on every direction
    - New Penalty kick is actually manual shooting?

In general, after 2 years of buggy manual gameplay, I'm happy to see this demo.
    Post edited by smnox on
  • Heyhirst
    19 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I love that crossing is fixed, keepers no longer now magnetise to ever ball put into the box, allows better use of target men like ibra and carrol.

I hate the run ups on free kicks and pens though, has the potential to be class but looks really messy and just horrible, needs to have fixed locations to move from.
  • Tof33z
    7042 posts Big Money Move
    I think I like it but too early to say. AI is substantially better. Graphics don't blow me away but whatever. Some players seem awesome and others awful. Online possibly a pace fest again but have to wait and see what tweaks they do yet before judging. Passing weight a lot different but I think I like it. Set pieces might be quite good with practice. Night lighting is still iffy. Shots don't seem quite so overpowered.

Trouble is, it's probably a different game at release time so not really going to know. Journey pretty much as expected, seems very easy but it's just a taster. His pal seems like a nob
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    Awesome demo, gameplay is fast, fluid, responsive. The kids probably won't like Fifa 17 initially, because it's more skill based. Put the time in, you will be rewarded. Journey looks class and graphics are a big improvement. :)
  • sperlzy
    39 posts Park Captain
    edited September 2016
    My first impressions are mixed. The graphics seem decent but not brilliant. Some players look poor like ibrahimovic whereas others look better like martial. The crowd don't look improved from fifa 16 which Is a disappointment.

As for the gameplay it's very difficult to judge when playing the ai. I played my matches on legendary and actually found it very easy which wasn't the case in previous demos. Scoring was easy and defending was easy. The ai was extremely stupid and on many occasions I would score the first goal and only then would the ai wake up and play a number of quick passes to each other and actually get somewhere. That wouldn't last long though and then they would go back to being far too easy and if it remains that way then career mode will be a miss for me this year.

A few pros are the moves players in your team make to assist you and passing feels good

As I say I'll have to reserve my judgement because it's impossible to assess the game without playing a human. I am concerned that with this game being run on a new engine there could be some serious balance issues in modes like clubs and online seasons. High numbers of changes often bring around bugs and despite what some may say fifa 16 was a very decently balanced game.

I also think the managers movements are poor and look robotic and the referees look like players from fifa 98 type graphics alongside players from fifa 17 graphics
    Post edited by sperlzy on
  • Hi,

I'm still waiting to download the demo (only another 5 hours to go), quick question, can you still only do skill moves when not sprinting, see a lot of comments about pace abuse being back, what do you mean? thanks.
  • IF (and i use capital letters here deliberately) FUT plays only a little bit like the demo, then it will be amazing, even if the handicap issue is still there, all of this, since defending finally is fair, and your team mates are finally intelligent to make better runs.

But like last year, FUT played a lot different then the other modes in the game. But there is hope now, since they basicly had to rebuild the whole game, due to frostbite 3.

But what stood out the most for me was the difficulty.

I am by no means a very good player, although i can say of myself that im okay. But here it comes.
    In 16, i had to give it all when playing on proffessional difficulty to win, and i was very lucky when i won on world class.

In 17 tho, proffessional feels like semi pro from 16. Anyone else notice this too?
    Or could this be due to your more intelligent team mates?

For the rest, the graphics looks really superb, but i do notice (like others) the kits, that they sometimes look like plastic. But for the rest (playing on pc, and everything max) it really is stunning :)

Headers from crosses feels a bit OP again, like it was in 14, and even 15, but its okay.
    Finally passes are back on the level were they belong. Passes really missed the point in 16, and were sometimes very difficult to get right. Here in 17 tho, its excellent.

And i read here that some people think the goalies are garbage...
    I now have played the majority of clubs in the demo, and i believe they are decent. Neuer stood out tho, but others were like they are in real life imo.

So all with all, im really looking forward to the 29th, to get my pre-ordered copy.
    For now, i believe EA has done an excellent job, also concerning and keeping in mind they had to rebuild the whole game..

Last thing is about the journey. Its great for now, but i cant make a good opinion of it as just yet, since its very limited at the moment, but i really look forward to it. If they can keep up the level as what it was now in the demo, then i will play it a lot.
  • WizardMD
    662 posts An Exciting Prospect
    maramsp wrote: »
    IF (and i use capital letters here deliberately) FUT plays only a little bit like the demo, then it will be amazing, even if the handicap issue is still there, all of this, since defending finally is fair, and your team mates are finally intelligent to make better runs.

But like last year, FUT played a lot different then the other modes in the game. But there is hope now, since they basicly had to rebuild the whole game, due to frostbite 3.

But what stood out the most for me was the difficulty.

I am by no means a very good player, although i can say of myself that im okay. But here it comes.
    In 16, i had to give it all when playing on proffessional difficulty to win, and i was very lucky when i won on world class.

In 17 tho, proffessional feels like semi pro from 16. Anyone else notice this too?
    Or could this be due to your more intelligent team mates?

For the rest, the graphics looks really superb, but i do notice (like others) the kits, that they sometimes look like plastic. But for the rest (playing on pc, and everything max) it really is stunning :)

Headers from crosses feels a bit OP again, like it was in 14, and even 15, but its okay.
    Finally passes are back on the level were they belong. Passes really missed the point in 16, and were sometimes very difficult to get right. Here in 17 tho, its excellent.

And i read here that some people think the goalies are garbage...
    I now have played the majority of clubs in the demo, and i believe they are decent. Neuer stood out tho, but others were like they are in real life imo.

So all with all, im really looking forward to the 29th, to get my pre-ordered copy.
    For now, i believe EA has done an excellent job, also concerning and keeping in mind they had to rebuild the whole game..

Last thing is about the journey. Its great for now, but i cant make a good opinion of it as just yet, since its very limited at the moment, but i really look forward to it. If they can keep up the level as what it was now in the demo, then i will play it a lot.

Totally agreed
  • Dr.Strange
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2016
    Eddie wrote: »
    Dr.Strange wrote: »
    Everything feels so sluggish. Maybe its more enjoyable vs another player but not a fan as it is. If it's better than 16 it's not by much.

Passes are awful. Nearly 100% power and the ball barely catches speed.

That's what R1 is for. Watch a real game of football and you'll notice the vast majority of passes aren't zipping around like a pinball.

No need to be condescending.

In real life the speed of a pass is proportionate with power. More power you put on a pass the faster it moves around. In fifa 80% or 10% the difference is minimal and nothing like IRL. On top of that RB+A aka bullet pass has no common place in passing. You can't tiki taka your way around with bullet passes. I'm not expecting pinball passes on the contrary I'd rather have proper passing where the power of a pass is in proportionate to its speed and covered distance than a RB+A gimmick pass.
  • *Beta Testers*.
    Am I wrong or is this the version of the beta we all liked?
    The game is a slower which is great.
  • L1vingl1fe
    4083 posts National Call-Up
    My Thoughts:
    • Graphics look cartoony due to colors
    • Defense is less AI influenced and more skill based
    • Faster players run faster than slow players (as they do in real life)
    • Not feeling the corner and penalty systems yet (might just take time to get used to)
  • I've noticed that there is no buttondata.ini so I created this thing.
    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/178432/buttondata-ini-update#latest

As gameplay play goes, new player smart run is great but those grounded through balls need to be Nerfed. Lobbed through are just as they should be. Chips takes less time to keep pushing button so u can score a thriller in a chaotic situation. Ai is dumb, literally when players make a run on their own and if u wait for the right moment a grounded through ball will create a 1on1 in 9 times out of 10 attempts.
    Tackling is easier.
    Same old ridiculous fouls, cards, injuries and clear fouls that don't get whistled.
    Teammate contain is really worse when chasing a winger and they don't do much in a set to set position. I defend like leicester does. Keep going back and rush on attacker with multiple players. Then counter. That was able to be done by playing with custom tactics and players playing with each other raising chemistry On earlier games. With what I've seen in demo I'm kinda hopeless.
    Graphics are way better. I'm not talking about player faces only. All over body, shirts, boots, ball, refs and environmental textures are way better then 16.
    Pace abuse is back. No arguing with that. deep passes that I sent to depay, Rashford, and martial and their control of the ball was perfect even if it was a lobbed through ball. That has to be fixed or it will be fifa 15 all over again in fut.
  • Rufio
    131 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Only played a couple of games this morning, Graphics seem improved a bit but nothing major. Feels a bit slow and clunky and robotic overall, not the most responsive gameplay but i have been playing the PES demo to which passing is usually one of the best features...plus new engine so they may have some issues like PES did with Fox...
  • Decee
    557 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Just had a penalty shootout. On every penalty be it AI or human once the player kicked the ball there was a noticeable delay in reaction from the crowd and commentator. So the ball would hit the net and then after a second or two the crowd and commentator would then react.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5844 posts Big Money Move
    Its aight.
  • Tekkonkinkreet
    446 posts Sunday League Hero
    As someone who has an OCD passing playstyle (proper football not you ping pong rejects) the gameplay is promising. Longer halves and sliders will improve the overall experience but so far I am quite impressed.

Got to say the new penalty system is hideous though. Feels horrible, looks even worse...
  • AlexFin
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I did not managed how the penalty system works. Seems awful. I'm on PC but I have no idea how it works. I read those instructions but I can't figure out? Advice?
  • Wtf happened to the faces of aurier and kondogbia? They were definitely on the version I played in July why does ea deletes them?
  • The usefulness of the demo as a tool to decide whether or not to buy FIFA 17 is next to zero. Four minute halves, no sliders, no clue as to the age of the build compared to Beta or what we'll get on release. Thank goodness for EA access, that is a much better test of the true shape of the game. Probably won't be doing much more with the demo myself.
  • nixdrauf
    276 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2016
    Hopefully ground shots wont be overpowered. Scored some that way that didnt really had power. A tab in festival might get a bit boring and visually poor.

The double tab B is not too much of a joy for me here. Maybe some LB or whatever would have been better to really send out some ground screamers from distance which i really missed over the years.

Little more zip maybe for shots here and there would be nice.

Also more love for generic faces. Specially in pro clubs mode we only have them. So ... some kind of random characterisation to make them not too unstructured would be nice.

Still suffering robotic animations when it comes to running, passing and specially fast changing of the running direction.

I expected a driven high thruball too. Might have been a nice addition.

All in all game looks quite grown up and round to me. Graphic is nice, here and there little artificial and plasticy, but a joy to watch. A solid step forward.

With the many feature updates and working on all parts of the game this year, which is really a good thing that should be continued, still this little something new to the gamemechanics is missing for me to get me really hot like with the last demos.

Actually i think, i´ll have much fun with the game and many of the benefits will show with time.
  • BLaZiNgSPEED
    419 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm noticing that for the first time ever gameplay speed is much slower than previous FIFA, but also much more natural than the FIFA 16 Demo. And I'm sure that would be much more noticeable in comparison to the full game of FIFA 16 where pace was back. Now it's more natural. I'm also noticing that on Extra Time players are slower due to fatigue. Definitely a great addition that makes the game far more realistic.

The great news that I am also noticing is that I am able to play the game maxed out Ultra settings with 4x MSAA at 4K resolution 3840x2160 on a GTX 960 4GB with 8GB RAM and AMD FX 8370. That's quite a big relief. I thought that with the Frostbite Engine I might have to lower settings or resolutions. But I am glad that my current system (dads PC) runs the game perfectly and of-course it does pass the Recommended Requirements. But still it's a pleasant surprise to be able to continue to smoothly play the game at 4K resolution and not just 1080P! :p

Something I don't however like is that during corners I have no options to switch to the original corner kick style. I don't like that I have to navigate the yellow circle and mark it on the pitch where I want it to. I want to be able to feel like I am really taking a corner kick without having to select the yellow circle. If there is any way to switch back to the original classic corner kick camera setup that would be great!

I'm also noticing no rain option in the demo. Last year there was. Hopefully that's just the demo and it will be in the full game.

Mourinho quite realistic as with the addition of Managers in the game. Which basically I know EA copied 2K Sports NBA 2K game on that. :p

There's a glitch I am noticing in the game. Sometimes there's that long white spray line across the pitch diagonally that of-course disappears after a few seconds. It's meant to be a short spray from the referee during free kicks. But sometimes after a free kick or offside position this long line would appear. Certainly does not affect playability as this goes away in a couple of seconds.

Noticing player sweats similar to what can be seen in NBA 2K.

I'm also noticing that the grass is more realistic and during freekicks the grass scatters in the air. I'm also noticing that players arms and hands get dirty with mud, and not just the T-Shirts.
  • Alex
    976 posts Moderator
    AlexFin wrote: »
    I did not managed how the penalty system works. Seems awful. I'm on PC but I have no idea how it works. I read those instructions but I can't figure out? Advice?

The first time you do a penalty it should show an arrow, it's different to how Penalties have been previously so completely forget that system, what you need to do is just aim at a specific point of the goal, and keep it there as the arrow will show, the more power you give it the higher it will go as well.
  • Sh4h_-_7
    250 posts Sunday League Hero
    On regards to you cons
    1st I ran with Modric couldn't beat bayern rb as he was faster

2nd no way not in my experience I played it on legendary and very hard to beat them neur like himself real life.
    3Rd not sure about this yet

4th on legendary the defenders are smarter still that tackle in as I was about to shoot.

Pros is

Corner system is great and effective

If full game stays as how it is as demo personally game will be great
  • paul24878306
    4717 posts Big Money Move
    OK played some matches. Not bothered about anything other than control really - as FUT is different every time and thats what I mostly play. Tried to mis us assisted and manual. IO spent most of 14 and 15 on semi as I hate help (on anything) but switched to assisted for 16 to try and be competitive.

So - match 1, won 2-0. Passing is better, as is crossing. Didnt really try the low shot/cross thing.

Match 2 Fully manual. 0-0. Passing was nice actually - though you have ti stay away from anything special.

Match 3 fully manual. 1-0. my first ever manual goal. Its not easy, but easier than previous fifas to score without assistance.

Match 3. Manual shooting, assisted everything else. 2-0. wow. 2 more unassisted goals.

match 4. Assistee shooting manual everything else. 1-0. Its easier to score your fewer chances obviously. Creating/retaining possession is quite hard on manual - though getting out of tight spots is easier - because you can play the ball into space and the AI doesnt try and make that direct pass that gets cut out.

match 5 manual shooting, assisted everything else. won 3-1.

Thoughts.

Id really like to go fully manual BUT I cant see that happening without a lot of practice. Manual shooting is possible but all my goals were pretty much the same. strain - no finesse, inside the box, ground shots into the corner. I think the lack of finesse was because the ball never left the floor. Its hard to aim your shots, so you tend to play safe rather that RIGHT in the corner - and the further out you shoot from the nearer the centre of the goal you tend to aim. Powering up the shots to get the ball in the air takes time - which you dont always have,

Manual passing.crossing etc is fun. You can create so much more by using space rather than everything either through ball or to feet, but inevitably you do loose possession much more.

I may well try the mix of assisted shooting manual everything else AND Manual shooting assisted everything else in the full game. You need to practice both - but doing it all at one time will mean little possession to practice shooting. If I can get the hang of manual shooting rather than just the one thing thats currently working Id be happy.

Im MUCH more optimistic about fully manual play - though Ive no doubt its only really going to be practical against other manual players. the hybrid controls might be workable though - and its much harder your opponent (and his AI controlled players) to predict.

In assisted mode, I think a lot of the problems have been fixed. Passing seems to work - players make better runs, through balls are better weighted, and crossing is improved. The variation in gameplay this should create could make a great FUT.
  • OscarW31
    81 posts Park Captain
    NO. PL. SCOREBOARD.
  • start hitting long shots and you'll see a problem. hopefully (like previous demos) this is just a demo 'feature' to make the game more appealing, but everything from 25 yards goes in, hopefully gonna make a thread with a video to demonstrate but im not very tech savvy. can anyone confirm that ea have admitted that long shots wont be so easy in the full game?
  • sperlzy
    39 posts Park Captain
    I just played a penalty shootout against juventus and beat them and their fans were cheering every time I scored and when I won the penalty shooutout their fans were jumping up and down celebrating. Looked really poor Tbh
  • oh and as for the guy who said dont manual the passing for keyboard users, i have 16 on ps4 and pc, whenever i'm on pc there's a few hundred online, as opposed to thousands on console.
    pc record 102 wins to 17 losses, won d1 multiple times back to back,
    ps4 cant get outta div7 lol.
    play on what makes you happy, but fifa is most definitely a console game, mainly xbox 1 due to the awesome deal they got, but with ps4's popularity it's fairly even. i dunno how you play with a keyboard, but kudos to you, fifa 97 was the last keyboard game i had haha.
    defo a friendly tip to join the console for a game like fifa, fifa on pc jus doesnt have enough good players
  • Hi,
    I played several games this morning.
    I really appreciate the game since Fifa 15. (I jump a year between new version)

The graphics are nice, the details seems better.
    The gameplay is nice with realistic animations.
    AI has improved since last version, maybe to powerful to anticipate the next move.

Right now the issue is the Corner Camera. The option to switch the camera by pressing "L" is not set. You really have to add this feature. I clearly prefer the hold way to kick corner.
    Please change that in the final game. The alternative is given for "normal free kick" so please add the same option for Corner kick.
    The new way to kick penalty is well thought.

So far the game is stabled, no bug, no crash.