CMS Chat Thread

Comments

  • Wyojasond
    11305 posts Has That Special Something
  • Wyojasond
    11305 posts Has That Special Something
    Whoa! I know there had been a lot of talk about it, but surprised they pulled the trigger already.

    6owGgGu.jpg
  • Alastair
    10044 posts Moderator
    It's a really good idea if everyone changes but if it's just England then it leaves the clubs too vulnerable. Although, I would guess now we've changed most others will within about 5 years. Either that or we'll change back.

    It's **** for me on FM/FIFA though, I need a couple of league games to know how good my team actually is. I often sign half a team in late August. :joy:
  • JamieC
    799 posts Semi-Pro
    Alastair wrote: »
    It's **** for me on FM/FIFA though, I need a couple of league games to know how good my team actually is. I often sign half a team in late August. :joy:

    Unless I know who I want, I usually sign players late August as well, as that is when the full reports come in for the players that interest me.

    I also rarely seem to change the squad until like January, as I give the players a chance and focus more on youth academy.

    Probably won't have to worry about it being in FIFA though, there are loads of league rules that are not implemented and I can see EA being too lazy to set only the Premier League to shut its window on the first game.

    I mean, League of Ireland still starts in July to May, when in real life it starts in February/March and ends in September/October (Same can be said with the other smaller European leagues that start around the same time.

    So it will only be FM where you will have that problem, but you won't have to worry about that until 6 back-to-back promotions later. :wink:
  • Ashy
    9581 posts League Winner
    What happened Liverpool? Haha I had Firmino at captain as well
  • Wyojasond
    11305 posts Has That Special Something
    Me watching the Liverpool game today. Shame Mane got the red card. We are just way to much crap defensively to lose a player :D

    giphy.gif
  • Wyojasond
    11305 posts Has That Special Something
    You guys think De Boer is done after today? Seemed like he had so much promise. Surprised me when he took the Palace job, and now it's coming back to haunt him.
  • Ashy
    9581 posts League Winner
    You guys think De Boer is done after today? Seemed like he had so much promise. Surprised me when he took the Palace job, and now it's coming back to haunt him.
    Yep not a single goal in 4 games in the PL and 3 of those are against bottom half teams too
  • Wyojasond
    11305 posts Has That Special Something
    And he's gone. Think we'll ever see him in the Premier League again? I think with his previous record he'll land another job no problem but I wonder if he ever makes it back to the PL
  • Ashy
    9581 posts League Winner
    And he's gone. Think we'll ever see him in the Premier League again? I think with his previous record he'll land another job no problem but I wonder if he ever makes it back to the PL

    Not anytime soon, he just needed the right set of players and it wasn't to be. Palace have downgraded with Hodgson and will be fighting relegation all season I think, he's an awful manager. De Boer should probably go to Germany/Spain if he can get the right job.
  • Alastair
    10044 posts Moderator
    edited September 2017
    I'm amazed there aren't more calls for Klopp to be sacked yet. Liverpool are closer to the relegation zone than the top of the league. Liverpool fans always say how they should win the league yet now they seem happy with where they are. Maybe after nearly 30 seasons without the title they've finally realised their level?
  • chokosc
    2845 posts Fans' Favourite
    So........

    If CM is any good in the coming FIFA I think I will try and make a thread! My graphics skills have gone down hill since I last did one.
  • Wyojasond
    11305 posts Has That Special Something
    Alastair wrote: »
    I'm amazed there aren't more calls for Klopp to be sacked yet. Liverpool are closer to the relegation zone than the top of the league. Liverpool fans always say how they should win the league yet now they seem happy with where they are. Maybe after nearly 30 seasons without the title they've finally realised their level?

    It is very frustrating to be where we are at in the league right now. This team is better than its position but I have lost a bit of faith in Klopp. I love our style and feel we continue to add players that will complement it, but there's no excuse for the way we play defense and the lack of bringing in new players this year. Every set piece we give up damn near leads to a goal every time. I really feel for Matip because he's constantly having to do things alone. Moreno has made strides but he should easily be replaced by Robertson. Losing Lallana for 3-4 months and the Coutinho saga hasn't helped either. We will have nothing for the Manchester squads this year (although I don't think anyone else will either) but MAJOR changes are needed if we hope to chase the top 4.

    It's still early. At this point last year we all didn't think much of Chelsea either and then they went on a tear.
  • Alastair
    10044 posts Moderator
    Can anyone remember how many seasons of CM you have to play to get the maximum loyalty bonuses (the extra transfer budget and the like)?
  • Alastair wrote: »
    Can anyone remember how many seasons of CM you have to play to get the maximum loyalty bonuses (the extra transfer budget and the like)?

    I believe it is 2-3 seasons for the 60% Transfer bonus and 5-star scout.

    I should be fine as I pretty much started a new career mode every other week and I know I have done the requirements as my Wycombe story went to 5 seasons, plus I had some other ones that went to 3 seasons.
  • Alastair
    10044 posts Moderator
    JamieC wrote: »
    Alastair wrote: »
    Can anyone remember how many seasons of CM you have to play to get the maximum loyalty bonuses (the extra transfer budget and the like)?

    I believe it is 2-3 seasons for the 60% Transfer bonus and 5-star scout.

    I should be fine as I pretty much started a new career mode every other week and I know I have done the requirements as my Wycombe story went to 5 seasons, plus I had some other ones that went to 3 seasons.

    Ah that's alright, I simmed to 2020 when I was testing something. :)
  • Ashy
    9581 posts League Winner
    Alastair wrote: »

    Guess its 3pm, GMT is an hour behind UK time at the moment I think
This discussion has been closed.