CMS Chat Thread

Comments

• Ashy
    9483 posts League Winner
    Alastair wrote: »
    So it's about time for the ten hear anniversary awards. I just had a few questions:

Do people prefer the awards posted over one/two evenings like they have in recent years or just posted as a list all at once? Or even something else? One a day for in the three weeks or so before FIFA 18 releases?

I also wondered if one (or more) people want to work with me for the awards this year?

Also as always if someone wants to help me with the graphics then I'd appreciate if. :)

Honestly don't think there are enough active members that will be around to vote in this which is a shame really, all the old stories have disappeared (old forums) so it's impossible to go back and look at them and appreciate the effort
  • Alastair
    10022 posts Moderator
    Ashy wrote: »
    So it's about time for the ten hear anniversary awards. I just had a few questions:

Do people prefer the awards posted over one/two evenings like they have in recent years or just posted as a list all at once? Or even something else? One a day for in the three weeks or so before FIFA 18 releases?

I also wondered if one (or more) people want to work with me for the awards this year?

Also as always if someone wants to help me with the graphics then I'd appreciate if. :)

Honestly don't think there are enough active members that will be around to vote in this which is a shame really, all the old stories have disappeared (old forums) so it's impossible to go back and look at them and appreciate the effort

That's one of the reasons I held off doing them early in August like normal. Do people still want them now or would people prefer to wait until Christmas? I'm happy to do them now if there are enough people active. :)

If you see this post then comment.
  • LaMertesackerRun
    6214 posts Big Money Move

That's one of the reasons I held off doing them early in August like normal. Do people still want them now or would people prefer to wait until Christmas? I'm happy to do them now if there are enough people active. :)

If you see this post then comment.
    Don't mind, not sure either but the section is quite inactive at the moment
  • Ashy
    9483 posts League Winner
    Once EA finally announce the career mode changes and the new forum section comes up it should start to get more active (end of Sept- Dec) then there is a drop towards Christmas
  • Wyojasond
    11143 posts Has That Special Something
    Yeah this is a pretty dead time. Maybe after the new game launches. That always tends to be the most active time. People have ideas in mind they think they can keep up with then :D
  • b4usiddhu2
    595 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I am fine with either way
  • Wyojasond
    Looks like we're taking Ox off your hands @Ashy and @LaMertesackerRun. I like the signing. Eager to see him fit in with our side. Would've preferred Lemar, but I think Ox has a lot to offer.
  • Ashy
    9483 posts League Winner
    edited August 2017
    We've robbed you I think, 40m our record sale and your record signing for a player with less than a year left that wants to play CM where he cannot succeed, all your main CM's are better than him. 9 goals in 170 games, been injury prone throughout his career and only looked decent playing RWB against poor sides towards the end of the season, interesting to see how he does and where he plays
  • Wyojasond
    We've robbed you I think, 40m our record sale and your record signing for a player with less than a year left that wants to play CM where he cannot succeed, all your main CM's are better than him. 9 goals in 170 games, been injury prone throughout his career and only looked decent playing RWB against poor sides towards the end of the season, interesting to see how he does and where he plays

Yeah I think the price is a bit high but I think he can be a wrecking ball in midfield with Klopps system. It was a bit of a panic buy for sure. Again I'd rather have Lemar. Does Arsenal have any plans to sign anyone before the window closes. I don't follow them as closely.
  • Ashy
    9483 posts League Winner

Yeah I think the price is a bit high but I think he can be a wrecking ball in midfield with Klopps system. It was a bit of a panic buy for sure. Again I'd rather have Lemar. Does Arsenal have any plans to sign anyone before the window closes. I don't follow them as closely.

Wenger doing absolutely nothing we are in ultimate crisis mode at the moment
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero

Wenger doing absolutely nothing we are in ultimate crisis mode at the moment

It could be worse: :'(

KuBhRVb.png
  • b4usiddhu2
    595 posts An Exciting Prospect

Agree with you, I think he would be as 4th choice or 5th choice CM. Pity on him not to choose Chelsea over Liverpool just to play centrally. He would have been the direct competition to Moses at Chelsea and would even get few games when others need rest at CM as well.

Anyway, Arsenal got the better in this deal for sure.
  • Chris
    5386 posts Big Money Move
    I think 40m is a big price tag, but in today's market, it's becoming more justified. I think he'll flourish at Liverpool if he gets consistent game time, and maybe Arsenal might regretting cashing in on him
  • Wyojasond
    I know we only wanted to pay 30 for him so they did take us to the shed a bit. Again I think he's gonna be better as a central player. He could slot in easily now ahead of wijnaldum, who when he can hold the ball up with his strength and allow our front three to get in position is deadly (ask Arsenal) sadly it's looking more likely that we lose Can. He hasn't renewed and Juventus is very interested. In a perfect world I'd like to see Can as our DM with Ox and Coutinho roaming midfield. Then our three up front. Did we overpay...sure. But Neymar and Coutinho have made this a pretty crazy market this year so I get it.
  • Wyojasond
    Looks like Barca willing to take Mahrez if they can't get Coutinho. For 100m less too :#
  • Wyojasond
    So what's everyone think is gonna go down today. Seems like a much busier deadline day than the last few years. I know Liverpool is still chasing Van Dijk and Lemar. Doubtful for either at this point as it sounds like Arsenal is heavy after Lemar too if they sell Alexis to City. Mahrez was spotted in Barca already I've heard. Should be a fun day :D
  • JamieC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    I expect Arsenal to make a panic buy as they always do :tongue:
  • Wyojasond
    I wish we could VVD that cheap :D I really like the new transfer options. Wish we could fast forward the negotiations a bit, but I like the changes.
  • JamieC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    I wish we could VVD that cheap :D I really like the new transfer options. Wish we could fast forward the negotiations a bit, but I like the changes.

I do believe there is a button to skip during negotiations.
  • Wyojasond
    JamieC wrote: »

I do believe there is a button to skip during negotiations.

Not in the beta :s you can choose not to do the cutscenes and delegate it, but if you choose to do them you had to sit through the whole thing
  • Alastair
    10022 posts Moderator
    edited August 2017
  • Wyojasond
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  • JamieC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    Does anyone want to join the Premier League Champions Chelsea?

...Anyone?
  • Ashy
    9483 posts League Winner
    Does anyone want to join the Premier League Champions Chelsea?

...Anyone?

Someone that drinks water B)
  • Wyojasond
    Well at the end of the day, nothing too crazy. Too bad :D
  • Wyojasond
    Ok, time to help the old guy again. How do World Cup Qualifiers work? Done top two teams in each group move to the group stage. I know Russia is automatically in for hosting, but are there other ways to get in? Just wondering how much work the US needs to do to qualify now.
  • JamieC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    Ok, time to help the old guy again. How do World Cup Qualifiers work? Done top two teams in each group move to the group stage. I know Russia is automatically in for hosting, but are there other ways to get in? Just wondering how much work the US needs to do to qualify now.

For USA, you had groups where the top 2 from each group entered the fifth round where the top 3 qualify, with the 4th spot will play whoever finishes 5th in Asia's version.

As it stands, you are 3rd (last spot for auto qualification) above Honduras on goal difference, so as long as you stay above them, you will go to the World Cup. If you drop to 4th, you will play a team from Asia to qualify.

Fall down to 5th-6th and you're out. :smile:
  • Wyojasond

For USA, you had groups where the top 2 from each group entered the fifth round where the top 3 qualify, with the 4th spot will play whoever finishes 5th in Asia's version.

As it stands, you are 3rd (last spot for auto qualification) above Honduras on goal difference, so as long as you stay above them, you will go to the World Cup. If you drop to 4th, you will play a team from Asia to qualify.

Fall down to 5th-6th and you're out. :smile:

Cool. Thanks man B)
This discussion has been closed.