Everton 2 - 0 Middlesbrough
    Tottenham 2 - 1 Sunderland
    Newcastle 1 - 0 Wolves
    Inter Milan 1 - 3 Juventus

@Chris
  • Alastair
    10022 posts Moderator
    edited September 2016
    @Chris I'm was going to boycott due to your failure to include Hereford's key FA Cup match this weekend but I decided I will give you one final chance to redeem yourself next week...

Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool
    Man City 3-0 Bournemouth
    Everton 2-0 Middlesbrough
    Tottenham 2-0 Sunderland
    Newcastle 3- 0 Wolves
    Inter Milan 0-2 Juventus
  • LaMertesackerRun
    6214 posts Big Money Move
    Chelsea 3-1 Liverpool
    Man City 2-0 Bournemouth
    Everton 1-1 Middlesbrough
    Tottenham 4-0 Sunderland
    Newcastle 4-2 Wolves
    Inter Milan 2-2 Juventus

@Chris
  • Wyojasond
    11142 posts Has That Special Something
    The lack of faith in Liverpool is very disheartening. You all should be ashamed of yourselves :p
  • Wyojasond
    What does everyone think of the demo so far. Just hopped on and I'm checking out the Journey right now. Pretty impressive for there first attempt at this.
  • Ashy
    9483 posts League Winner
    Need to play it more but I like it a lot
  • Wyojasond
    I'm really struggling with the new penalty taking format. Lol. Not complaining about it though. I think it's a great addition.
  • JamieC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    edited September 2016
    The lack of faith in Liverpool is very disheartening. You all should be ashamed of yourselves :p

My Mum is a Chelsea supporter and my Dad is an Everton supporter so sorry :p
  • Chris
    5386 posts Big Money Move
    Everyone's been added so far, nice to see the interest. We'll be doing other competitions over the course of the year in this thread too, which should be sweet.
  • Wyojasond
    I do have to say, I feel like the soundtrack this year is pretty bad though. I'm really enjoying the demo and the beta was fun, but the soundtrack makes me want to go deaf in my other ear too
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    What does everyone think of the demo so far. Just hopped on and I'm checking out the Journey right now. Pretty impressive for there first attempt at this.

I like the demo and will be playing it more today but for a demo it feels quite smooth to me.The passing felt good straight away, graphics look improved, like the new corners and the player movement off the ball. And maybe it's just me but WC difficulty felt like it had been adjusted and played like it was a level in between Professional and WC from previous years.

• Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Chelsea 2-2 Liverpool
    Man City 3-0 Bournemouth
    Everton 2-1 Middlesbrough
    Tottenham 1-0 Sunderland
    Newcastle 2-0 Wolves
    Inter Milan 2-2 Juventus

@Chris
    I do have to say, I feel like the soundtrack this year is pretty bad though. I'm really enjoying the demo and the beta was fun, but the soundtrack makes me want to go deaf in my other ear too

Didn't you used to be able to add/make your own custom soundtrack in the old FIFAs? Hate most of the music from the demo right now as well.
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool
    Man City 3-1 Bournemouth
    Tottenham 3-0 Sunderland
    Newcastle 4-1 Wolves
    Inter Milan 0-1 Juventus

@Chris
  • Dean
    840 posts Semi-Pro
    Chris wrote: »
    Dean wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this instalment, offline gameplay was so smooth on the beta. Have a shortlist of 5/6 teams for a thread but my laptop is currently in for repairs so gives me time to mull things over. Playing about with demo sliders and reacustoming myself with manual for the next few days to get back in to it, shame it's locked to 4 minute halves. :'(

Oh hello

Hello.

Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool
    Man City 4-0 Bournemouth
    Everton 2-1 Middlesbrough
    Tottenham 2-0 Sunderland
    Newcastle 2-0 Wolves
    Inter Milan 0-2 Juventus

@Chris
  • SaintsFCFan
    111 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Surely if you want an increased activity in the CMS section, this has to be achieved properly through a good and enjoyable career mode. I know you have no effect on this as moderators but those higher up should look to actually improve this mode. You're 1 step away from a public hanging and funeral.
  • Tekkonkinkreet
    446 posts Sunday League Hero
    Chelsea 2-3 Liverpool
    Man City 3-0 Bournemouth
    Tottenham 3-0 Sunderland
    Newcastle 3-1 Wolves
    Inter Milan 1-2 Juventus
  • Ashy
    9483 posts League Winner
    Surely if you want an increased activity in the CMS section, this has to be achieved properly through a good and enjoyable career mode. I know you have no effect on this as moderators but those higher up should look to actually improve this mode. You're 1 step away from a public hanging and funeral.
    Completely agree, FUT is always going to be the dominating mode in Fifa now but Career mode is the 2nd most played I think, they just need to make it more immersive and add in all the changes people have been requested and above all make the AI very good so it is more enjoyable playing offline, but it's down to EA to get that stuff in.

Also nobody got the Chelsea score spot on, a few 2-3's though
  • Greenman019
    My number 1 complaint about offline play is there's no sense of team identity. Every team is pretty much the same in the way they play. Chelsea or Stevenage, they all play like Barcelona, to varying degress of success.

Sliders are pretty nice in terms of changing things up, but there's a lot to be done.
  • Ashy
    9483 posts League Winner
    My number 1 complaint about offline play is there's no sense of team identity. Every team is pretty much the same in the way they play. Chelsea or Stevenage, they all play like Barcelona, to varying degress of success.

Sliders are pretty nice in terms of changing things up, but there's a lot to be done.
    They just need some sort of 'Team Personality' there you go EA I have one of your Fifa 18 slogans ready for you for next year, have like 10 different team identity's that are connected to a team like Barcelona would be something like passing/attacking while West Brom would be more like defending, so when coming up against a team you get something different each time, it would take a lot of work though and it all depends on the opponent West Brom wouldn't defend all game against Oxford for example.
  • Greenman019
    Ashy wrote: »

They just need some sort of 'Team Personality' there you go EA I have one of your Fifa 18 slogans ready for you for next year, have like 10 different team identity's that are connected to a team like Barcelona would be something like passing/attacking while West Brom would be more like defending, so when coming up against a team you get something different each time, it would take a lot of work though and it all depends on the opponent West Brom wouldn't defend all game against Oxford for example.

Depending on what groundwork is already there coding wise, I think that's pretty unambitious and very doable for the next game. How hard can it be to weight certain options differently for different teams? Like you said, WBA being more likely to lob it high, play defensive, Man City pass it out from the back etc. Maybe just even disable it against weaker rated teams to make it simpler.
  • Wyojasond
    S***! I didn't know the Liverpool game was today. Damnit. At least they won.
  • Wyojasond
    And I completely agree about the changes needed for team styles. I feel like they are setting it up for some major changes next year. At least I hope so. A few changes were made this year but not enough sadly :/
  • Greenman019
    I had a bet on 'Pool to win 3-1.

Useless gits. ^^
  • Got the score right, just wrong team won :(

On the plus side, Everton moved second by doing nothing, so my Dad's happy.

My Mum obviously not happy with result.

We need those playstyles!!! Hate how everyone plays like Barcelona, especially when a team like Accrington Stanley is making better passes than you.
  • Chris
    5386 posts Big Money Move
    Only two people got 1 point from the first game haha, no one got all 3
This discussion has been closed.