CMS Chat Thread

Comments

• Ashy
    9526 posts League Winner
    Alastair wrote: »
    Proof that Hereford are the best club in the world...
    Love how they have forgotten Real Madrid's current unbeaten run

• Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    Ashy wrote: »
    Proof that Hereford are the best club in the world...
    Love how they have forgotten Real Madrid's current unbeaten run

They last lost a league game on 27th February 2016 and we last lost a league game on 23rd February 2016 so we're still better. :smile:
  • Wyojasond
    11209 posts Has That Special Something
    Knew I shouldn't have been talking crap about Arsenal yesterday. Woke up late and just catching the end of the Liverpool game :s
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    giphy.gif

Great to see a club get what they deserve for disrespecting the FA Cup.
  • Ashy
    9526 posts League Winner
    edited January 2017
    Too many youngsters thrown in, Arsenal, City, Utd, Chelsea all played a decent amount of experienced players and won
  • Ashy
    9526 posts League Winner
    http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/10722292/torino-reject-56m-arsenal-bid-for-andrea-belotti

Bloody hell that's a lot of money if true, come on Arsene buy someone big this January!
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    Does anyone use an XBOX One controller for gaming on PC? If so, is the bluetooth connection good enough or would i be better off spending a bit extra and buying a wireless dongle as well? I'm planning to get one in the next couple of weeks.
  • Wyojasond
    giphy.gif

Great to see a club get what they deserve for disrespecting the FA Cup.

Ashy wrote: »
    Too many youngsters thrown in, Arsenal, City, Utd, Chelsea all played a decent amount of experienced players and won

I wasn't too surprised he played so many youngsters. He's always been very adamant that he wants to push a youth movement and Liverpool has a few good ones coming up. Woodburn chief among them. That being said, they should have been sprinkled in, not all dumped out there at the same time. Lol

Plus they also have Southampton on Wednesday in the first leg of the EFL semis, so I'm sure he prioritized that a bit more :'(
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Does anyone use an XBOX One controller for gaming on PC? If so, is the bluetooth connection good enough or would i be better off spending a bit extra and buying a wireless dongle as well? I'm planning to get one in the next couple of weeks.
    XB1 controller (v1, the one without the headphones jack) here, but I use the USB cable... I don't have BT on the PC unfortunately!
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    Interesting to see the World Cup will be expanded? What does everyone think about it? I'm personally undecided although it'll give me a good storyline for me CM. :)

ale85bg wrote: »
    XB1 controller (v1, the one without the headphones jack) here, but I use the USB cable... I don't have BT on the PC unfortunately!

Have you noticed any problems with in? To me it looks like a better option for PC use than the PS4 controller.
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Interesting to see the World Cup will be expanded? What does everyone think about it? I'm personally undecided although it'll give me a good storyline for me CM. :)

Have you noticed any problems with in? To me it looks like a better option for PC use than the PS4 controller.

Don't they want groups of 3? Whoever plays last will have an advantage, knowing exactly what they need to progress.
  • dannyboy
    12804 posts Has That Special Something
    Is it decided? I like the idea but I can see why people hate it.
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator

Oh yeah, I hadn't though of that. I wonder if they'll use this as a stepping stone to move to 64 teams to avoid that issue.

Don't they want groups of 3? Whoever plays last will have an advantage, knowing exactly what they need to progress.
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Is it decided? I like the idea but I can see why people hate it.

Yeah, they voted on it this morning.
  • ale85bg
    Well, no problems so far, I just have a couple of very personal gripes really and nothing else: LB and RB are totally different to press and give a totally different feedback (must get used to it) and (my major gripe) the USB cable looks very fragile. It looks like it might detach from its socket on the pad sooner or later (most likely it will never happen, it's a sensation).

It hasn't had a problem here in several months of use though, and there are some improvements over the 360 one (the analog sticks, the d-pad) so I'd say I prefer it to the 360 one.
  • Wyojasond

So 16 groups of 3. Not sure I like that. So then the top team in each group advances or would it be the top 2 still? Sounds like more changes are coming, like penalty shootouts after each game since the chances of so many ties at the end is a higher probability.
  • dannyboy

"An initial stage of 16 groups of three teams will precede a knockout stage for the remaining 32 when the change is made for the 2026 tournament."
  • ale85bg
    Three-team groups? Nah, I don't think I like the idea.

12 groups (4 teams each) with some third-placed teams advancing (like it happened until 1994) and an extra "round of 32" would've been better in my opinion.
  • b4usiddhu2
    595 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Expansion is good. However I think 12 groups of 4 teams each is better format. That would mean, they need to have 12*2 + 8 best third placed teams to progress to knockouts. But this increases the total matches hugely.

Whereas 16 groups of 3 teams will make sure the final team still plays only 7 matches to win the world cup.
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    Well, no problems so far, I just have a couple of very personal gripes really and nothing else: LB and RB are totally different to press and give a totally different feedback (must get used to it) and (my major gripe) the USB cable looks very fragile. It looks like it might detach from its socket on the pad sooner or later (most likely it will never happen, it's a sensation).

It hasn't had a problem here in several months of use though, and there are some improvements over the 360 one (the analog sticks, the d-pad) so I'd say I prefer it to the 360 one.

Do you mean LB and RB feel different from each other or form other gamepads?

I plan to use bluetooth so the cable issues aren't a problem for me.

Good to see you approve of it though, I'll look forward to getting one now. :p

So 16 groups of 3. Not sure I like that. So then the top team in each group advances or would it be the top 2 still? Sounds like more changes are coming, like penalty shootouts after each game since the chances of so many ties at the end is a higher probability.

Top 2 will advance.

Interestingly, if it was done using the expect breakdown of places, USA as hosts and the current world rankings (no randomisation of teams within pots), the draw would be something like this:

The expected breakdown of places is:

• Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    What a mess.
  • JamieC
    796 posts Semi-Pro
    If that was our group stage by 2026 and we don't get out of it, we should just stop trying :joy:
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    edited January 2017
    Another announcement has come out of FIFA today:

• JamieC
    796 posts Semi-Pro
    Almost got me there. Scotland being excluded kind of gave it away :joy:
  • ale85bg
    edited January 2017
    It's not a real World Cup without San Mari...OH WAIT.
  • JamieC
    796 posts Semi-Pro
    It's not a real World Cup without England getting knocked out on penalties :joy:
  • Wyojasond

:D I've been seeing previews for that. Looks pretty good. You'll never be able to convince Americans Football is Football though. Wonder why we ended up doing that though. I mean soccer was around WAY before. Lol
  • ale85bg
    Sorry @Alastair I thought I had answered... They feel the same (like in "LB and RB behave, feel and act the same") but they're totally different in terms of feeling and response from what the ones on the 360 pad were. :)
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    Sorry @Alastair I thought I had answered... They feel the same (like in "LB and RB behave, feel and act the same") but they're totally different in terms of feeling and response from what the ones on the 360 pad were. :)

Ah ok then. I never used the 360 one so wouldn't know. My new controller is coming tomorrow so j look forward to using it. Thanks for the help and advice. :)
  • dannyboy
    "Wyojasond " When will your country learn?

Don't know why people get upset about saying "soccer" tbh, it's not really offensive.
This discussion has been closed.