CMS Chat Thread

Comments

• Wyojasond
    11278 posts Has That Special Something
    Anybody in here watch "Westworld"
  • Ashy
    9568 posts League Winner
    I do and love it but not watched the latest episode so don't spoil it :)
  • Wyojasond
    Ashy wrote: »

>:) Lol. I won't man. Yeah it's freaking amazing. I don't get to excited for shows anymore, but that show is awesome. Such a neat idea and the acting so far has been amazing
  • Ashy
    9568 posts League Winner

>:) Lol. I won't man. Yeah it's freaking amazing. I don't get to excited for shows anymore, but that show is awesome. Such a neat idea and the acting so far has been amazing
    I have a big theory about something but I'll watch the episode tonight and see what I think
  • Wyojasond

I have a big theory about something but I'll watch the episode tonight and see what I think

Yeah let me know when you watch it. Craziest episode yet. I read a crazy rumor yesterday.
  • Wyojasond
    England may have not won the game today, but they have my vote for the mannequin challenge :D
  • Wyojasond
    No pick em league this week @Chris ?
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    International break finally over. Back to proper football
  • Ashy
    9568 posts League Winner
    Might be too late now maybe a mid week European one is in order if Chris cannot do it I don't mind setting it up and adding them for next week
  • Wyojasond
    :o Steven Gerard offered the MK Dons job :o I know he's highly thought of in the coaching world already, but that surprises me. He's already been offered a job with Liverpool too I think. Would be coaching the youngsters though.
  • Alastair
    10042 posts Moderator
    :o Steven Gerard offered the MK Dons job :o I know he's highly thought of in the coaching world already, but that surprises me. He's already been offered a job with Liverpool too I think. Would be coaching the youngsters though.

If he accepts the MK Dons job he will lose all the respect I (and a lot of other football fans) for him...
  • Wyojasond
    Alastair wrote: »

If he accepts the MK Dons job he will lose all the respect I (and a lot of other football fans) for him...

Why?
  • LaMertesackerRun
    6214 posts Big Money Move

Why?
    Basically they got franchised from Wimbledon FC to become MK Dons and moved to Milton Keynes which isn't far from my home town. ;)
  • Alastair
    10042 posts Moderator
    edited November 2016

Why?

MK Dons are nicknamed Franchise FC for a reason. Essentially businessmen were trying to build a new town and knew they needed a football league team, instead of doing it the hard way they bought Wimbledon and moved them to Milton Keynes (the FA stupidly agreed to it before realising their mistake when it was too late). They're probably the most hated team in English football, I know people who boycotted matches when Hereford played away there because they don't want any money going into their filthy pockets.

Sounds like Gerrard is set to reject the job anyway which is good.
  • Wyojasond

Why?
    Basically they got franchised from Wimbledon FC to become MK Dons and moved to Milton Keynes which isn't far from my home town. ;)

Why?

MK Dons are nicknamed Franchise FC for a reason. Essentially businessmen were trying to build a new town and knew they needed a football league team, instead of doing it the hard way they bought Wimbledon and moved them to Milton Keynes (the FA stupidly agreed to it before realising their mistake when it was too late). They're probably the most hated team in English football, I know people who boycotted matches when Hereford played away there because they don't want any money going into their filthy pockets.

Sounds like Gerrard is set to reject the job anyway which is good.

Oh wow! I had no idea! That's crazy! Lol, well glad he's gonna turn it down then.
  • JamieC
    799 posts Semi-Pro
    edited November 2016
    The only good thing MK Dons has done was introduce us to Dele Alli.
  • Wyojasond
    Ok, teach this dumb American something again. Talk to me about shirt numbers and there importance. I've seen you guys talk about stuff like "hes gonna get the number 10" and I've heard a few commentators talk about it. What's the big deal I guess is what I'm asking.
  • Greenman019
    Ok, teach this dumb American something again. Talk to me about shirt numbers and there importance. I've seen you guys talk about stuff like "hes gonna get the number 10" and I've heard a few commentators talk about it. What's the big deal I guess is what I'm asking.

Usually signifies starting lineup and position. 3 is left back, 9 is striker etc. Number 10 is usually the attacking midfielder behind the striker, which I guess is quite a superstar "glamorous " role as well, making it talked about even more.
  • dannyboy
    12807 posts Has That Special Something
    edited November 2016

If you want to know where it comes from, basically you numbered the players so gk had the lowest and the strikers had the higher numbers
    2-4-6-3
    5-8
    7-9-10-11

Pele happened to get #10 and played slightly behind the main striker (in a 4-2-4) and he was the best in the world at the time so it got famous.

Then you got the likes of Maradona etc.

Though now it just means the (central) attacking midfielder. Like in 4-3-1-2 or 4-2-3-1.
  • Valo
    139 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    They are meaningless.
  • Canagliadel
    81 posts Park Captain
    Hi, I'm new in this thread, I just begun my first career mode story, I'd be very pleased if you take a look and give me some advice ;)
    http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/208997/liverpool-fc-in-klopp-we-trust-make-us-dream-again
    See you there!
  • Wyojasond
    Bye bye Klinnsmann! US just fired him
  • Greenman019

Hope that doesn't mean he'll be now considered for the England job :C
  • Wyojasond

I thought they gave the full time gig to the other guy already.
  • Greenman019

I thought they gave the full time gig to the other guy already.

Don't think it's confirmed yet, just interviewed today.
  • dannyboy
    edited November 2016

Maybe they'd get past the world cup group stage then
  • Greenman019
    dannyboy wrote: »

Maybe they'd get past the world cup group stage then

They're football managers, not miracle workers.
  • Ashy
    9568 posts League Winner
    Come on Monaco and Leverkusen finish Spurs tonight they deserve Thursday night football
  • Alastair
    10042 posts Moderator
    Hi all,

Just a quick update in relation to a new forum rule which refers to all gambling related discussion. One CMS specific area I can see it affecting is forum games/games within stories which involve anything in any way gambling related (for example ones where you bet fantasy points on the outcome of a match). Simple forum games such as player sponsorship and ones which award 3 points for the correct result etc are not affected. This rule also refers to the inclusion of odds in stories, for example in a match preview.

We've received some instructions letting us know we're no longer in a position to allow any betting discussion on the forum at all. Appreciate this has come relatively out of the blue but hopefully you'll understand that something like this wouldn't just happen unless it had a valid (and serious) reason behind it.

The rule RE: betting will apply forum wise so please refrain from posting anything elsewhere regarding bets.

If you have any questions about whether or not something is suitable then feel free to PM any mod. :)
  • dannyboy
    ....but why
This discussion has been closed.