CMS Chat Thread

Comments

• Chris
    5400 posts Big Money Move
    I just put the CPU pass error at 60
  • Alastair
    10065 posts Moderator
    dannyboy wrote: »
    What kind of football do they play in the irrelevant leagues?

The sort where you get up and carry on after you get tackled instead of rolling round on the floor before being stretched off to have a manicure.
  • Chris
    Alastair wrote: »

The sort where you get up and carry on after you get tackled instead of rolling round on the floor before being stretched off to have a manicure.

As a United fan, you know a lot about that brand of football hey?
  • Wyojasond
    11571 posts Has That Special Something
    Chris wrote: »

giphy.gif
  • JamieC
    803 posts Semi-Pro

Or if they are rolling on the floor, it's because the defensive midfielder (For Bury Town it would be John Kennedy) has come for the 50/50 at the speed of light and got the ball and the players legs and only gets a yellow at most while in the Prem it would be called a disgusting challenge and a red :joy:
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    Ash wrote: »
    might do a thread, convince me not to lads

Chris is here

the mod mafia still reigning supreme?
  • dannyboy
    12825 posts Has That Special Something
    might do a thread, convince me not to lads

Chris is here

the mod mafia still reigning supreme?

Yes but they're less active
  • Cody22775
    591 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2016
  • Alastair
    10065 posts Moderator

Under Foyle United used to play foyleball (like hoofball but worse) so I know wuite
    JamieC wrote: »

Or if they are rolling on the floor, it's because the defensive midfielder (For Bury Town it would be John Kennedy) has come for the 50/50 at the speed of light and got the ball and the players legs and only gets a yellow at most while in the Prem it would be called a disgusting challenge and a red :joy:

I've saw some challenges last season which would be banned in MMA. :joy:

The Salisbury keeper threw an object (impossible to tell from the video but it's the size of a coin/stone) into our fans yesterday and made hand gestures towards our fans. In the PL it'd be a 3+ match ban and a week being slated on the papers for each incidence but nothing will happen this low down.
  • JamieC
    803 posts Semi-Pro

Under Foyle United used to play foyleball (like hoofball but worse) so I know wuite

The Salisbury keeper threw an object (impossible to tell from the video but it's the size of a coin/stone) into our fans yesterday and made hand gestures towards our fans. In the PL it'd be a 3+ match ban and a week being slated on the papers for each incidence but nothing will happen this low down.

That is true, nothing happens down in the lower league. I remember a couple of seasons ago we beat a team 3 - 1 and our fans were giving the goalkeeper the usual stick you give to an opposition keeper and when the game finished, the keeper waited til he was getting to the dugout to give us the middle finger, the boos you could hear was loud and the ref saw it as well, but did nothing, didn't report the rude gesture. I have also seen players from other teams make rude gestures to the fans and get away with it so yeah nothing happens.

Also, Prem fans complain about poor refs, yet it's much worse down the lower leagues (Bury Town get a lot of them :joy: ) Although, during my time of going to watch Bury, I have seen atleast 3 linesman changed due to injury and officials having to wear bibs and then our Away shirts because the opposition complained about the officials looking too similar to their kit (This was Colchester U18s who we beat 1 - 0 during this season in a friendly, I think they should of payed more attention to the game then what the officials were wearing :joy: )
  • Alastair
    10065 posts Moderator

That is true, nothing happens down in the lower league. I remember a couple of seasons ago we beat a team 3 - 1 and our fans were giving the goalkeeper the usual stick you give to an opposition keeper and when the game finished, the keeper waited til he was getting to the dugout to give us the middle finger, the boos you could hear was loud and the ref saw it as well, but did nothing, didn't report the rude gesture. I have also seen players from other teams make rude gestures to the fans and get away with it so yeah nothing happens.

Also, Prem fans complain about poor refs, yet it's much worse down the lower leagues (Bury Town get a lot of them :joy: ) Although, during my time of going to watch Bury, I have seen atleast 3 linesman changed due to injury and officials having to wear bibs and then our Away shirts because the opposition complained about the officials looking too similar to their kit (This was Colchester U18s who we beat 1 - 0 during this season in a friendly, I think they should of payed more attention to the game then what the officials were wearing :joy: )

Don't get me started on the refs. The problem we have is refs turn up and try to make a name for themselves. They've never normally seen 500 fans so when they get 2500+ they seem to try and get our fans on their back. It amazes me how many of them walk off smiling and looking like they've had a good match when they've got that many fans abusing them.
  • Alastair
    10065 posts Moderator
    Squad Building Challenges have got me interested in FUT for once this year. I've become so addicted I decided to buy a few FIFA points to get some more coins to use for them. Opened the first pack and got this guy:
    abebcc37b1fc104433ff4cc232bbeaad.png

Think that's my game made for the year. :joy:

• Ashy
    9734 posts League Winner
    Very nice, my best packed player has been Robben/De Gea so far B)
  • Chris
    Bd8QH9N.png
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bd8QH9N.png

That's what you get for playing dirty :p or maybe the referee AI is just a bit too sensitive.
  • Alastair
    10065 posts Moderator
    The new PL graphics look great. <3
    vxur6xoyvbe8.gif

You can see the rest of the patch notes here.
  • Chris
    • Increased the CPU AI tendency to attack directly.
    • Addressed a situation where the CPU AI would frequently leave star players on the bench.

There is a god
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Burns-excellent.gif
  • Ashy
    9734 posts League Winner
    As the rock would say.....

Finallyyyyyy
  • JamieC
    803 posts Semi-Pro
    • Increased the CPU AI tendency to attack directly.
    • Addressed a situation where the CPU AI would frequently leave star players on the bench.

There is a god

YES!!!!!!!!
  • Wyojasond
    The new PL graphics look great. <3
    vxur6xoyvbe8.gif

You can see the rest of the patch notes here.

giphy.gif
  • Chris
    Can also confirm the update will work in pre-existing career modes, so you guys should all get the graphcis when you go into the Premier League games
  • Ashy
    9734 posts League Winner
    Do we know when they are live on xbox one?
  • Alastair
    10065 posts Moderator
    International Break this weekend so no prediction league, sorry guys.

What about this weekend? :p
  • Wyojasond

I was just thinking the same thing :D I guess we could all take bets on the Liverpool/United game, but I think we all know how that one is gonna end, don't we @Alastair :p
  • Alastair
    10065 posts Moderator

I was just thinking the same thing :D I guess we could all take bets on the Liverpool/United game, but I think we all know how that one is gonna end, don't we @Alastair :p

A boring 0-0 draw?
  • Ashy
    9734 posts League Winner

A boring 0-0 draw?
    Only if Mourinho will have his way
  • Wyojasond

A boring 0-0 draw?
    Ashy wrote: »

A boring 0-0 draw?

I'm going out on a rope and gonna say 4-1 Liverpool. Kinda depends on who is all fit. Sounding like Liverpool has quite a few questionables :s
  • Alastair
    10065 posts Moderator

A boring 0-0 draw?
    Ashy wrote: »

A boring 0-0 draw?

I'm going out on a rope and gonna say 4-1 Liverpool. Kinda depends on who is all fit. Sounding like Liverpool has quite a few questionables :s

If it is 4-1 I'd expect it the other way after Mourinho has given his players a hiding. In all likelihood I suspect 2-0/2-1 United.
This discussion has been closed.