Manual Fifa 17 --> play as 3 star teams in Seasons

jrspc
112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
EA ignores manual players so we as a community have to finds ways to all congregate in the same place.

So......

I think we can take another issue we have with the game and use it to our advantage.

We know FUT is broken.
We know "SEASONS" works.
We also hate that when we play seasons "EVERYONE" plays as RM or a handful of other 5 STAR teams.

The first step in my long term plan is to change where manual players play FIFA and get us all playing in the same place so we can easily find each other every time we log in.

The answer???
We spread the word and agree that all manual players play FIFA "Seasons" as "exactly" 3 STAR teams.

Why 3 STAR? Because its like a channel on your radio that is open and available that nobody uses.

Have you ever tried to search for a manual opponent? The only thing harder is searching for a "exact" three star opponent.

Put the two together and we suddenly are all in "OPEN" space at the same time.

Once we establish that norm then creating a "World Manual Championship" will be a natural progression of that new home for manual players.

Comments

• jrspc
    Manual players need a way to find each other. When we search for other manual players using the current system we get "No opponent found". We can create a way that manual players can just log in and immediately find another "manual" opponent.

And then of course there should be a "Manual World Championship".
  • jrspc
    There are 4 million PS4 users and many of us realize the best way to play the game is to work hard and to learn how to play without computer assistance (ie playing without the default settings).

Once you learn this skill you realize the manual version of the game isn't broken at all. In fact, all the complaints you hear about the game vanish. I literally went from spending my time yelling at the game to laughing in shear delight at how amazing the game actually is.

Convert. Learn to play manual.

In Fifa 17 we will meet in "SEASONS" using "exact" 3 star teams (there will be like 200 of them available).

It will become our home.

Manual players spread the word.
  • jrspc
    Once manual players start all meeting in the same place.

Our new home --> By always playing manual in "SEASONS" with "Exact" 3 star teams.

The next step of creating a "World Championship" will be a natural progression.

Because all the best manual players will know where to find each other.
  • jrspc
    When something goes wrong playing normal "default" fifa you can't tell if you made the mistake, or was it a glitch, a lag or just BS. Though as many people have mentioned I realize there are some unbelievably good "default" players. So good that they overcome the issues with default programming.

But for the other 99% of us that play the game (which is like 4 million of us on PS4), you can change this right now by simply playing manual fifa.

The feeling of "ahhhh what just happened?" goes completely away in manual play. Because you own your mistakes and you learn how to correct them. Rather than being forced to overcome programming within the default settings you simple have to learn how to overcome your own errors.
  • ZainAli
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I only play on manual controls, but having this 3 star only team adds too much of a restriction. I love playing with 4 star teams sometimes, or 3.5 star teams sometimes.
    I'm really hoping EA has added a manual only lobby somewhere for online games. I don't play FUT, so don't care about that.

• jrspc
    ZAIN

Your 4 star team concern is a valid point.

However, once you find all the other manual players in the 3 star "seasons" you can easily start playing friendlies with other level teams. I chose 3 star because of its exclusivity.

Help me herd the world's manual players all into one playing location.

Fifa 17 seasons 3 star teams.

Once we find each other all in the same place a "Manual World Championship" will be a natural next progression from there.
  • jrspc
    The older you get the wiser your mentors appear to be.

When I was young I remember one of my mentors saying, "the older you get the faster time appears to move."

And now in my later years that statement rings more true than anything I have ever heard.

Now as a long time FIFA player and probably one of the older faces in this crowd. I share some wisdom. Not my own original idea just wisdom I stumbled upon from other players.

Manual Fifa is more fun than normal Fifa.

EA sports video game appears broken to most players because they play on the default settings. If you play default settings the program is trying to guess what you were trying to do and often guesses incorrectly. Most players using default settings spend most of their video experience with this game in utter frustration.

All of the perceived short comings of EA Fifa just vanish when you play manual EA Fifa.

Yes, it takes work to learn manual play.

yes, its very challenging.

But the game play is far more realistic. It does not feel like an arcade game.

And when you fail you 100% know it was your own mistakes that led to your downfall.

Convert this year in FIFA 17 to manual play.

Start playing on manual settings and find other manual players in seasons on 3 star teams.

• paul24878306
    4717 posts Big Money Move
    I love playing manual - except for shooting. I think Ive only scored one goal EVER using fully manual shooting lol. Everything else I can manage OK. Its not that I havent tried a LOT mind.

Maybe with 17 Ill give it another go. I tend to start fully manual for 3-4 weeks then slowly migrate to fully assisted over the next 3 months. By Christmas Im on the same sh*t everyone else is.

• jrspc
    Yes, the small sample size in my experiment last night is not statistically significant.

However, this is what happened.

I asked about twenty different players if they had ever played manual head to head EA Fifa before. Three of those twenty said they would try playing manual against me and that they had never played manual EA Fifa before.

All three came away from the experience saying, "that was fun, let's do it again."

• jrspc
    Paul

I played an experienced manual player from Germany two nights ago and he scored some amazing goals on full manual. I enjoyed the clinic he was putting on and took solace in realizing that it could be done. Just takes practice. And by the way while getting stomped by this guy like five games in a row I was laughing and totally enjoying the game.

Because I was improving and I certainly was not losing because of some short coming with the game. I was 100% in every regard failing because he was better at manual play and I have work to do. I look forward to the work.
  • jrspc
    Zain & Paul

Do you play on PS4?

If so what are your usernames?
  • paul24878306
    yes. apm8306

Im getting on - 49 - so my thought process and reactions arnt great any more. That doesnt help playing an "ultra fast" game like FUT....
  • jrspc
    I'm older than you Paul.

:blush:
  • ZainAli
    I do play on PS4, but I know this sounds ridiculous, but I don't remember my exact PSN! I never actually pay attention to it!
    I'll know when I get back home, and I'll post it on here for anyone who wants to play manual matches.
    Though I'll be honest, I sometimes enjoy playing against assisted players as well as its a good challenge! I usually lose especially since I've reached Division 3 in online seasons. But I like the satisfaction I get when I beat an assisted player using full manual controls!

• jrspc
    ZAIN

And playing manual against "assisted" players also provides very critical feedback. It shows you possibilities, because the programming is revealed. And if the computer can do something you can learn to do it as well.

• ZainAli
    That's true.
    jrspc, I've got a question.
    Whenever a new FIFA comes out, do you instantly from the start itself play on manual controls, or do you play a couple of games on assisted, and then switch to manual, just to get a feel of the game and new things about the game?
  • jrspc
    ZAIN

I used to play both. And understand why you sometimes pit yourself as a manual player in a cross over match vs assisted players. However, at this point I have so many "friends" on my PS4 system that I know are manual players that I only play manual.

But of course with the current system we play friendlies rather than trying to play in seasons. That is what I want to change.

In FIFA 17 all manual players will meet in our new home.

Seasons exact 3 star teams.
  • ZainAli
    jrspc,
    that makes sense.
    But I'll also advise you to post on reddit.com/r/fifa which has a much more active and sensible community than on here. More people welcome manual players there.
  • jrspc
    edited September 2016
    ZAIN

I will plan to discuss the idea there as well. Is there any other forums that you would suggest? I'm also using community boards inside the PS4 system.
  • jrspc
    EA Fifa is the most amazing video game in the world, but you won't realize this until you convert and start playing it with full manual settings.
  • jrspc
    My first manual game was like a welcome to "OZ" moment, as I knew I wasn't in "default" land anymore. I had somehow strung 7 or 8 passes together and worked it to my striker up top. I turned to fire a power shot on goal, only I hadn't fully turned and I certainly aimed the wrong way. Now in "normal" play the computer would have auto-corrected/assisted my shot and it would have been sent high and wide over the goal into the crowd. But playing manual the EA Fifa knew exactly what I had done and instead I rifled a shot 70 yards in the wrong direction back to my own keeper. I was laughing with joy (so loud it hurt) and knew I would be playing manual from that point forward.

If your BAD the game should reflect it not ignore or hide it.

In manual play the game gives you perfect feedback every time so you can adjust and get better.
  • paul24878306
    Played a game tonight - in FUT Div 5.

I gave the ball away more often, so conceded 4 - but did manage to get the ball in "shooting" positions 3 times. 1 into the corner flag (as I forgot not to aim far right on the stick), 1 about 20 meters over the bar, and one back to the halfway line....

I need to break the habit and try to aim at the goal.

If I recall from last time (early 16 and in 15) when I tried manual -I always aimed for the centre of the goal - so always int ot he keeper, because if I aimed anywhere else it went wide.

I dont think Id stand a chance at scoring from more than 3 meters out. Scoring from outside the box ... dream on.

I may well keep on fully manual once 17 demo has downloaded so I can get used to the new shooting (downward headers, keeping balls low etc) and take stock in a couple of weeks when the full game releases.

Id like to know a few things though.

1. Whats the difference between pass and through balls in full manual?? Should I not bother with throughs at all and just place then in the right place normally - or does it change what the receiver does - ie stands to receive a pass and ruins onto a through??

2. Do player stats - not physical ones like strength and pace, or "auto" ones such as interceptions, but ones relevant to "assistance" - make any difference? For instance does an 80 rated passer (short or long) play different to a 60 if your in manual? ditto for shooting. Does my 86 rated striker shoot better than a 65 rated?

3. How the hell do you cross a ball in manual with any control at all..............

Knowing this could drastically change how you'd make your team up in FUT.

• jrspc
    PAUL said: (in BOLD)

1. Whats the difference between pass and through balls in full manual?? Should I not bother with throughs at all and just place then in the right place normally - or does it change what the receiver does - ie stands to receive a pass and ruins onto a through??
    I strongly believe you answered your own question. I'm not positive this is the case but I think the difference is that it creates a different reaction in the pass receiver

2. Do player stats - not physical ones like strength and pace, or "auto" ones such as interceptions, but ones relevant to "assistance" - make any difference? For instance does an 80 rated passer (short or long) play different to a 60 if your in manual? ditto for shooting. Does my 86 rated striker shoot better than a 65 rated? I;m pretty confident that individual differences in the ratings of players matter more when playing manual vs assisted, because default (assisted) play simply over rides the avatars ratings as well as the human controller's skill set.

3. How the hell do you cross a ball in manual with any control at all.............. It is a challenge I'm not even close to mastering but in general I find that under powering my crosses leads to more success.

Knowing this could drastically change how you'd make your team up in FUT. Ok, on this one I believe all of you above questions and sought after wisdom become irrelevant based on the premise of the question. If you are going to try to play FUT regardless of manual vs assisted play you are simply playing with a broken version of the game. If the question is based on playing online seasons or friendlies with manual controls than I think your questions are VERY relevant.
  • jrspc
    I played the demo on manual last night and really enjoyed it.

Online manual players should pass the word in FIFA 17 we will meet in online seasons playing exact 3 star teams.

Our new home.

Call it channel 3

:wink:
  • jrspc
    EA FIFA 17 is fantastic so far. Not broken.

But I'm talking about full manual play.

Convert
  • paul24878306
    jrspc wrote: »
    PAUL said: (in BOLD)

I strongly believe you answered your own question. I'm not positive this is the case but I think the difference is that it creates a different reaction in the pass receiver

2. Do player stats - not physical ones like strength and pace, or "auto" ones such as interceptions, but ones relevant to "assistance" - make any difference? For instance does an 80 rated passer (short or long) play different to a 60 if your in manual? ditto for shooting. Does my 86 rated striker shoot better than a 65 rated? I;m pretty confident that individual differences in the ratings of players matter more when playing manual vs assisted, because default (assisted) play simply over rides the avatars ratings as well as the human controller's skill set.

3. How the hell do you cross a ball in manual with any control at all.............. It is a challenge I'm not even close to mastering but in general I find that under powering my crosses leads to more success.

Knowing this could drastically change how you'd make your team up in FUT. Ok, on this one I believe all of you above questions and sought after wisdom become irrelevant based on the premise of the question. If you are going to try to play FUT regardless of manual vs assisted play you are simply playing with a broken version of the game. If the question is based on playing online seasons or friendlies with manual controls than I think your questions are VERY relevant.

I like FUT though - at least the concept. I want to build my own team and tactics.

Played some more games today. STILL cant get the hang of crossing. Passing though - its easier that last year, well its not but the AI controlled players react better making it seem that way.

Shooting. Scored 8 goals in 3 games on manual. They were all very similar though - inside the box low across the keeper. Outside the box and aiming gets difficult. Every time I try and finesse it goes horribly wrong.

Im severely tempted to play FUT with manual passing and lobs - assisted through balls (as you can recreate manual thorough balls with normal passes, and it will help get you out of a corner against assisted players) - semi crossing, and then try both manual and assisted shooting. Probably start the game manual, and switch to manual if Im getting thumped.
  • nyx88
    1418 posts Professional
    Whats the point with the three star teams? I am a full manual player since they introduced the manual settings. I always play seasons with different teams. Why should i use only three star teams now? If you want to compete in the general leaderbaord it might make sense because like you've said not many people use three star teams but you can select to play only vs manual players and there's a manual leaderboard...!?
  • paul24878306
    Is there?

TBH Ive never played seasons. Might have to try and then find some manual players.
  • jrspc
    NYX88

This is the full logic of my thinking when it comes to my channel 3 proposal.
    I obvioulsy, get that we as manual players want to play teams other than three star teams. And we still can and should. Channel 3 is simply to create the gathering point.

I'm a long time FIFA player who converted to manual play a couple years ago. Still very much a newbie in terms of my skill level because of the obvious challenges and learning curve involved with manual play. However, I am a strong believer that EA FIFA is not broken at all, infact, it is the world's best video game by far. But that of course is only true if
    It is the greatest video game in the world if you play FULL manual.
    Play it on default (assisted) settings and I think it is actually pretty weak. Play it on default (assisted) settings in FUT and it straight up sucks.
    I need your help
    Obviously, EA ignores the manual community.
    I believe there is a massive audience for manual FIFA but we need to be smart about how to draw attention to what we are doing
    MY PROPOSAL
    We have to promote EA FIFA not blast it or the company.
    We have to promote manual play but not put default (assisted) players on BLAST.
    We have to find away to gather the manual community in one place while EA ignores us so they come to realize our potential as a market and promoter of their amazing game.
    We have to have a full manual EA FIFA world championship.
    How to gather the manual community???
    This is critical because currently forums and lobbies basically have vanished or simply been removed by EA.
    However, we can use the existing model to our advantage.
    It is critical that we find away to simply log on the game and immediately be able to search and find other manual players. Obviously, we currently can play friendlies but playing friendlies limits the scope of our gathering. We need our gathering to have momentum. A synergy!!!
    We all know though cards and trading on FUT is fun, that the actual game play on FUT is broken.
    We also know that manual game play in seasons is fantastic. However try searching for a manual game and you always get "no opponent found". Even though there are probably 100,000 plus manual players in the world. I'm guessing its probably close to half a million. And of course the potential for more is obvious.
    Now take a separate issue with seasons and consider how we can use these two problems to create a soultion.
    We all hate how when you play seasons you basicall y have to play 5 star teams and everybody is Real Madrid or like five other top teams. Try searching for a match below 4 stars and you often get the same ad response "no opponents found"
    Put the two together and you have my proposed gathering point.
    Channel t
    Whoops
    I mean Channel 3
    we make channel 3 the new home of online manual players
    we all agree to spread the word in the manual community, that in FIFA 17 we meet in "seasons" playing exactly 3 star teams.
    Boom
    We have our own wave length.
    We all meet there and play there as our home base, which allows us to gather momentum.
    From there we can easily branch out into friendlies using different level teams, form leagues (like you guys have) and develop a "Manual FIFA World Championship"
  • jrspc
    PAUL???

You are in for a treat if you have not played seasons. In FUT a 65 player is equal to MESSI and sometimes better than he is.

But in seasons Messi is ??? Well Messi. :smiley:

and a 65 player is weak.