The Ultimate Targetman Guide

Comments

• Ryaanlewiis
    209 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Without a doubt, i have one of my fullbacks (weiser) on always over lap and he has so many assists.
  • DSD27
    5699 posts Big Money Move
    Huntelaar has been amazing for me, so glad crossing is back

Crossing never went away, its just more realistic now and no OP like in FIFA 14.
  • Bob_Dylan
    19409 posts World Class
    the best targetman this year is obviously Toivonen
  • MexicanMario
    217 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    How is 3-5-2 for a targetman? :*
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Baston looks like an unreal targetman tbh...actually thinking of building another cheap team around him
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    Like my targetmen to have somewhat acceptable passing.
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Kip2MyLou wrote: »

True, missed that, was blinded by the 88 positioning and 89 strength
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    Rumplefish wrote: »

True, missed that, was blinded by the 88 positioning and 89 strength

Those are definitely pluses. He might not be too bad. I just bought IF Milik and very curious to see how he performs in a targetman role for me this year.
  • TheGabc
    1948 posts Play-Off Hero
    I really dont care about passing on my targetman, use the midfielders for that, I mean its nice but defo no dealbreaker for me
  • Slawter
    3855 posts National Call-Up
    How does this look @BlitzersNL
    Tweaked them a bit, also needed them to even out so the max rating a player could possibly get would be 99.

Primary Stats:
    • Heading Accuracy = 1.5x
    • Attacking Positioning 1.0x
    • Jumping 1.25x
    • Strength 1.25x
    • Finishing 1.0x
    • Height 1.5x

Secondary Stats:
    • Short Passing 0.5x
    • Ball Control 0.5x
    • Shotpower 0.5x
  • BlitzersNL
    24359 posts Club Captain
    @Slawter looking good, have to see if EA dont update the game though. One stat could be dominating now but might be worthless in 3 weeks.
  • TheGabc
    1948 posts Play-Off Hero
    May be difficult but I think the Power header trait should be invloved in calculating tmr, because in 16 that trait was so important imo
  • Shaanxz
    20515 posts Club Captain
    Al soma is elite
  • DSD27
    Mitroglou heading beast :)

• Amargaladaster26
    7221 posts Big Money Move
    Heading seems much more easier than in 16. Using Zaza, he destroys a lot of defenders even though I dont cross much.
  • DSD27
    edited September 2016
    Heading seems much more easier than in 16. Using Zaza, he destroys a lot of defenders even though I dont cross much.

because you are now in the lower devisions, people don't know how to deffend. I think its the same.
  • Amargaladaster26
    7221 posts Big Money Move
    DSD27 wrote: »

because you are now in the lower devisions, people don't know how to deffend. I think its the same.

Well, I crossed to him 5 times in 11 games and he scored 4 :D dunno, have to try it more.
  • DSD27
    Another important factor is that people are every year more using small centre-backs, because they think FIFA 14 days are gone and most people just play through the midle.
    Im waiting to someday see someone using a BBVA squad with Mascherano and Umtiti as pair of centre-backs, that would be the dream.

@Kip2MyLou I checked in-game Mitroglou now has the Power Header trait, have you checked Gomez?
  • WryLucky
    1745 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thoughts on this team? Always wanted to try Al Soma out.
    acc0678f9e6bb5cb1de6482875f8d6e4.jpg
  • CraigFWba
    1707 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2016
    Another important factor is that people are every year more using small centre-backs, because they think FIFA 14 days are gone and most people just play through the midle.
    Im waiting to someday see someone using a BBVA squad with Mascherano and Umtiti as pair of centre-backs, that would be the dream.

I'm guilty of it tbh. Just love having centre backs with good passing, although in my case it'll probably be Alderweireld & Kos.
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    edited September 2016

@Kip2MyLou I checked in-game Mitroglou now has the Power Header trait, have you checked Gomez?

@DSD27 He doesn't have it unfortunately but he does have the target forward trait. Whatever that is.
    Post edited by Kip2MyLou on
  • 0113MB
    910 posts Semi-Pro
    Gabbiadini is a great tm for m3 despite not being elite at anythink other than shot power
  • DSD27

I'm guilty of it tbh. Just love having centre backs with good passing, although in my case it'll probably be Alderweireld & Kos.

Hummels and Boateng, Naldo, Bonucci, have good passing and they're very big, and there's others, you can have everything. There is no reason to use small :p
  • DSD27

@DSD27 He doesn't have it unfortunately but he does have the target forward trait. Whatever that is.

is that new in this FIFA?
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner

is that new in this FIFA?

Yea and no idea what it means. Haha.

Hopefully somebody releases what the new traits mean.
  • Ryaanlewiis
    209 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    WryLucky wrote: »
    Thoughts on this team? Always wanted to try Al Soma out.
    acc0678f9e6bb5cb1de6482875f8d6e4.jpg

Amazing, might build it myself, how's goretzka?
  • MiIan
    12402 posts Has That Special Something
    Anyone used Aduriz yet?
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    KingDutch wrote: »
    Anyone used Aduriz yet?

Waiting for @BlitzersNL review...
  • kayron16
    2229 posts Fans' Favourite
    Cavani
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    kayron16 wrote: »
    Cavani

I was actually thinking about him too. Great card, great links for hybrids and has power header trait.

Definitely a good shout.