The Ultimate Targetman Guide

Comments

• Andy87
    3566 posts National Call-Up
    I've gone back to Gomez and I prefer him in a 2 striker formation with PEA getting to the byline and getting the crosses in for him.

Not overly convinced with Keita as CAM so might give Stindl a try as mentioned above.

screenshot_20170504-161719.png
  • SJR440
    4338 posts National Call-Up
    Need some help guys:

Looking for 2 teams - one around the 87 Dzeko and then one could be around any target man you would recommend.

Got a budget of about 230k on PS4 and going to use the 433(2) formation.

Cheers for any suggestions you've got guys in advance :)
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    Set a bundesliga side up with gomez IF again....another debut goal.
  • Dejamoo
    134 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited May 2017
    Quick question with receiving passes and shielding with your TM ... do you hold L2/LT as you receive the ball ,before or after?
    I hadn't given it much thought but noticed in my gameplay a sort of randomness when I'm getting it.
    Sometimes I'm insta-pushed off the ball before getting it under control(strange given the high strength stats), sometimes no attempt is made to hold off the defender behind me...and sometimes he's holding off 2 players with ease?!
    I did notice I tend to hold L2/LT before receiving the pass out of habit....is this wrong?
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    Set a bundesliga side up with gomez IF again....another debut goal.

He's the goat. Of course he scored.
  • SJR440
    SJR440 wrote: »
    Need some help guys:

Looking for 2 teams - one around the 87 Dzeko and then one could be around any target man you would recommend.

• Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    Need some help guys:

Gomez. Of course.
  • DSD27
    5696 posts Big Money Move
    @Kip2MyLou Look at this classy assist from the GOAT http://plays.tv/video/590d3b972c6cca884b/

And Gustavo doesn't want to be left behind on the finishing skills http://plays.tv/video/590d404d52c572c25e :joy:
  • SJR440
    edited May 2017
    Best instructions for 4231(2) for this playstyle? Just bought a cheap 87 Dzeko off the market so looking to put him to use :p
  • DSD27
    edited May 2017
    Best instructions for 4231(2) for this playstyle? Just bought a cheap 87 Dzeko off the market so looking to put him to use :p
    DSD27 wrote: »
    Andy87 wrote: »
    Great to see this thread active again!

It's a while since I've been in here and it's even longer since I used a target man tactic/team also.

What would you guys say are the best formations for this play style since the recent updates? :smile:

For me its always 4231(2).
    Basically for target-man you want 1 striker formations with wingers (RM/LM or RW/LW).

@Feurez @Andy87 I have way more than 1M coins, and this is my Bundesliga squad:

35UVpeY.png

Best players for each position in the league for me, I have other squad but If I have the coins I may upgrade Robben to his SIF, hope Gomez gets an IF, and thats it. I use Rofriguez instead of Alaba only for his longthrow :p

Do you use any player instructions or custom tactics? I might change to 4231 (2) because I don't really seem to be able to work with 433 formations.

It's a while since I've been in here and it's even longer since I used a target man tactic/team also.

What would you guys say are the best formations for this play style since the recent updates? :smile:

Basically for target-man you want 1 striker formations with wingers (RM/LM or RW/LW).

35UVpeY.png

Best players for each position in the league for me, I have other squad but If I have the coins I may upgrade Robben to his SIF, hope Gomez gets an IF, and thats it. I use Rofriguez instead of Alaba only for his longthrow :p

@DSD27 Think I saw your custom instructions and general set up on the previous page man - are those still working for you after the recent patch then? :)

ST - Stay central, get in behind
    CAM: get into the box for crosses, come back when defending, free roam
    LM (depends on the player): Cut inside, stay at the edge of the box
    RM (depends on the player): Cut inside, get in behind
    second CDM: cut passing lines
    Defensive CDM: Stay back
    medium-medium full back or the Full back with more pace and stamina: always overlap
    rest default

org

org

cover

• SJR440

35UVpeY.png

Do you use any player instructions or custom tactics? I might change to 4231 (2) because I don't really seem to be able to work with 433 formations.

35UVpeY.png

@DSD27 Think I saw your custom instructions and general set up on the previous page man - are those still working for you after the recent patch then? :)

medium-medium full back or the Full back with more pace and stamina: always overlap
    rest default

org

org

cover

@DSD27

Cheers!

What camera angle would you recommend? Co-op or the standard one?
  • DSD27
    edited May 2017

35UVpeY.png

35UVpeY.png

rest default

org

org

cover

@DSD27

Cheers!

None, Tele Broadcast 17 3. Pro players advise it for years, its the best combination of more size area but still having good angles.
  • SJR440

35UVpeY.png

35UVpeY.png

rest default

org

org

cover

@DSD27

Cheers!

None, Tele Broadcast 17 3. Pro players advise it for years, its the best combination of more size area but still having good angles.

Will give it a try, thanks
  • Andy87
    Packed Pogba and sold him so I could afford this. Buzzing to give it a go! :#

screenshot_20170508-203417.jpg
  • Antparry92
    17673 posts World Class

Lovely side
  • Andy87
    Antparry92 wrote: »

Lovely side

Thanks, hopefully it plays well.
  • TheGabc
    1947 posts Play-Off Hero
    So hyped for this, dont care that he is so short, reminds me of Toni <3
    AZv2NGF.png
  • TheGabc
    1947 posts Play-Off Hero
    Wonderful goal from Pazzini

bJDj49c.png
  • TubAShet
    1400 posts Professional
    Is anyone else kind of excited about a potential TOTS Dost... ?

Up to 80 dribble on the last IF....his shooting and heading were already OP
  • DSD27
    TubAShet wrote: »

No but I am for potential TOTS Mitroglou.. Same shooting and heading, better dribbling and pace, 5 stars weak foot.
  • DSD27
    edited May 2017
    TheGabc wrote: »

bJDj49c.png

amazing stuff. :) but for me he is too short. he will score headers like that, he was alone, but jump in physical challange between the CBs will will be a problem.
  • TheGabc
    1947 posts Play-Off Hero
    TheGabc wrote: »

bJDj49c.png

amazing stuff. :) but for me he is too short. he will score headers like that, he was alone, but jump in physical challange between the CBs will will be a problem.

Yeah, he is far from an optimal targetman but I love the guy
  • TubAShet
    1400 posts Professional
    TubAShet wrote: »

No but I am for potential TOTS Mitroglou.. Same shooting and heading, better dribbling and pace, 5 stars weak foot.

True Mitrog will be much more mobile but Dost will feel stronger in game and he will win every header due to his height.
  • Antparry92
    17673 posts World Class
    Pazzini will be mine!
  • DSD27
    IF Mario Gomez and IF Junuzovic (CAM) work so well together http://plays.tv/video/59168627afdc5bce37/

http://plays.tv/video/59169ae87c48c12d1d
  • CoolboySimi
    42 posts Last Pick at the Park
    IF Mario Gomez and IF Junuzovic (CAM) work so well together http://plays.tv/video/59168627afdc5bce37/

hi man, please which formation do you use?
  • DSD27

4231(2) :)
  • CoolboySimi
    42 posts Last Pick at the Park

4231(2) :)

thx
  • Bilbao_Baggins
    3938 posts National Call-Up
    88 Dzeko, Mandzukic in my serie a team or wait for Tots??