The Ultimate Targetman Guide

Comments

• LennySUFC
    437 posts Sunday League Hero
    LennySUFC wrote: »
    I am thinking of using a target man in a 4411, but I am unsure whether to play him ST or CF? There are pro's and cons for both...
    Who would you recommend for around 250k? Looking at probably having Ibra?

Thanks guys

Shearer is working well for me if you're on Xbox One. Using him as ST.

I loved Shearer on Fifa 15, so tempted to give him a go. I assume there are some drawbacks given his low rating?

Could be a good CF?
  • LennySUFC
    Has anyone used Costa IF 88? He seems a tank!
  • Littleland95
    16911 posts Moderator
    I am thinking of using a target man in a 4411, but I am unsure whether to play him ST or CF? There are pro's and cons for both...
    Who would you recommend for around 250k? Looking at probably having Ibra?

Thanks guys

Shearer is working well for me if you're on Xbox One. Using him as ST.

I loved Shearer on Fifa 15, so tempted to give him a go. I assume there are some drawbacks given his low rating?

Could be a good CF?

I've only used him as ST. Plays better than his rating.
  • LennySUFC
    Narrowed it down to:
    NIF Ibra
    91 Cavani
    88 Costa

Would anyone add a suggestion?
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    @DSD27 The GOAT is back. I've won and held Div. 1 alternating these team and my Serie A team.

yukMEJ2.png
  • DSD27
    5699 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2017
    Kip2MyLou wrote: »
    @DSD27 The GOAT is back. I've won and held Div. 1 alternating these team and my Serie A team.

yukMEJ2.png

Really like that Junuzovic, amazing longshots. Try IF Plattenhardt at LB, he is the best..

My Gomez team is like this now:

epjF26v.png

I have Boateng, I alternate the CBs with the other squad. IF Plattenhardt and IF Schurrle are also on the other squaed. (Cavani)
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    DSD27 wrote: »

yukMEJ2.png

Really like that Junuzovic, amazing longshots. Try IF Plattenhardt at LB, he is the best..

My Gomez team is like this now:

epjF26v.png

I have Boateng, I alternate the CBs with the other squad. IF Plattenhardt and IF Schurrle are also on the other squaed. (Cavani)

I'll give him a shot. And junuzovic is good so far. I know I don't have a true defending cdm but it's working so far.
  • Antparry92
    17683 posts World Class
    If I was to call MOTM Aduriz a donkey it'd be a compliment to him he's that bad
  • DSD27
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    If I was to call MOTM Aduriz a donkey it'd be a compliment to him he's that bad

He is a kangaroo.
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    @DSD27 Futbin now has composure stat and Gomez has 86. Explains why he plays the way he does in game.

My 93 higuain has 84. Ha.
  • DSD27
    edited May 2017
    @DSD27 Futbin now has composure stat and Gomez has 86. Explains why he plays the way he does in game.

Futhead now has it also :p
    yeah I already talked about it, its why I like him so much, even better than Lewandowski. With the composure he does stuff with the ball before shooting, like moving it in a better position, shoots calmly and well placed, while strikers with bad composure just immediately rush the shot and most of the times against the gk or off target.

When you think you're an artist but then Gomez f*cks you up. http://plays.tv/video/5906976060a252c5cd/
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner

Futhead now has it also :p
    yeah I already talked about it, its why I like him so much, even better than Lewandowski. With the composure he does stuff with the ball before shooting, like moving it in a better position, shoots calmly and well placed, while strikers with bad composure just immediately rush the shot and most of the times against the gk or off target.

When you think you're an artist but then Gomez f*cks you up. http://plays.tv/video/5906976060a252c5cd/

Great movement and touch by the GOAT.

But that Perisic goal was ridiculous. Wow.
  • Dejamoo
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited May 2017
    Been inspired to come back to my beloved target man way of playing.
    Decided after reading to build these two teams with all of the little coins I had.

First team -
    jTYSGWU.jpg

And fitness team -
    89L1iWB.jpg

Any thoughts? Future upgrades needed ?

Also any advice on cts i would be grateful for,
    I like to play possesion build up, love crossing and heading , like to contain in defence using 2nd man press to charge down their attackers.
  • BCFC1979
    518 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited May 2017

yukMEJ2.png

What CTs and instructions do you use @Kip2MyLou ? Just built a team around 88 Benteke and 88 Carrasco for this formation.
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    Dzyuba1979 wrote: »

yukMEJ2.png

What CTs and instructions do you use @Kip2MyLou ? Just built a team around 88 Benteke and 88 Carrasco for this formation.

Don't use cts.

Striker: stay central, get in behind, press back line
    Cam: stay forward I think
    Mids: stay forward and get in behind
    Fullbacks: stay back while attacking

If I had a defensive midfielder I'd put stay back while attacking also but I like having 2 all around mids especially if they're h/h and good stamina like those 2.
  • BCFC1979
    Does that mean you use offside trap as default?
  • BCFC1979
    edited May 2017
    Does anyone have a recommendation for a better CAM to finish this team off? Have 155k. Thinking 88 Kane, NIF De Bruyne or 84 Allí. Any ideas with chem in mind?!

So far...
    Lloris
    Walker
    Vertonghen
    Alderwiereld
    Najar IF
    Dendoncker Motm
    Dembele
    If Zaha
    IF Tielemans Current CAM
    88 carrasco
    88 Benteke
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner

Probably. Ha. I always forget to change that.
  • Dejamoo
    edited May 2017
    Gonna try @DSD27 cts and instructions (is it still stay central get in behind and press backline for st?)
    Any thoughts on the team setup I posted a few back?
    Not getting on with if Schurrler atm....could be his m/m i don't know, feels not involved and hard to get him in behind at all
  • BCFC1979
    Does

Probably. Ha. I always forget to change that.

To be honest unlike those crazy YouTubers I notice little difference. I definitely prefer a bit more speed and crossing than default though.
  • DSD27
    Dejamoo wrote: »
    Gonna try @DSD27 cts and instructions (is it still stay central get in behind and press backline for st?)
    Not getting on with if Schurrler atm....could be his m/m i don't know, feels not involved and hard to get him in behind at all

yes, press the backline for mandzukic because he is HH, gomez doesn't need.
    I didn't like Schurrle as well, put TIF Forsberg at LM and Muller CAM, or Reus LM. Get movember gustavo and rodriguez, very important stamina boost and strenght,
  • Dejamoo

I didn't like Schurrle as well, put TIF Forsberg at LM and Muller CAM, or Reus LM. Get movember gustavo and rodriguez, very important stamina boost and strenght,

Ok thanks. Will have a try.
    Is Muller at cam good, is he mobile enough to play there?...if soo what instructions do I put on him?
  • DSD27
    edited May 2017

Ok thanks. Will have a try.
    Is Muller at cam good, is he mobile enough to play there?...if soo what instructions do I put on him?

http://plays.tv/video/59092cd3ea7c6bc6fb/

not very agile but he is great for me with Maestro.
    get into the box for crosses, come back when defending, free roam

http://plays.tv/game/FIFA17?game_id=c04ea79085cd11e6b9920158b77249c8&hashtags=muller&sort=sort_recent&search=muller&author=DSD27
  • MiIan
    12399 posts Has That Special Something
    FIF Bas Dost though.
  • Bilbao_Baggins
    3938 posts National Call-Up
    Sif Burgstaller? What you reckon??
  • MiIan
    12399 posts Has That Special Something

Dost >
  • Bilbao_Baggins
    3938 posts National Call-Up
    KingDutch wrote: »

Dost >

And!?
  • Dejamoo
    Motm stindl at cam?
  • DSD27
    Motm stindl at cam?

I prefer Muller, taller and better heading, also faster.

• Dejamoo
    Motm stindl at cam?

I prefer Muller, taller and better heading, also faster.

I pumped for stindl and got him for 35k!
    Got to say....oh my days!!
    Just the sort of cam for my style...
    he is deceptively brilliant...

and my god he has a hammer! Only con is 3* skills I guess.
    Big credit to you for the Munich cts tho...they work a dream!
    And instructions are spot on. Although I leave wing backs on default.
    Even the fitness team is doing well....just wish mand didn't have h/h workrates :/