The Ultimate Targetman Guide

Comments

• Andy87
    3566 posts National Call-Up
    The latest team and hopefully I'll stick with it for a while. Serie A seems to be the league I keep going back to.

screenshot_20170408-231245.jpg
  • Satch85
    1096 posts Professional
    Just curious what custom tactics and palyer instructions do you use for 4231(2)
    Was wondering the same, you guys seem to have nailed it!
  • Andy87
    edited April 2017
    Satch85 wrote: »
    Just curious what custom tactics and palyer instructions do you use for 4231(2)
    Was wondering the same, you guys seem to have nailed it!
    What I'm using at the moment:

Speed 60
    Passing 40
    Organised

Passing 60
    Crossing 60
    Shooting 40
    Organised

Pressure 40
    Aggression 40
    Width 50
    Cover

LB - always overlap
    LCDM - Stay back
    RCDM - Cut passing lanes
    LM + RM - stay forward, cut inside, get in behind, stay on edge of box
    CAM - Get into box, free roam
    ST - stay central, get in behind
  • Disappointed by 87 Benteke, gone back to Andy Carroll and much happier!
  • Andy87
    Wasn't sure about Dzeko but starting to get used to him now and scored a hat trick in a game I won 5-3.

Anyone building a Calcio A team you need to get IF Banega, wow! His through balls just cut teams wide open and he laid all 3 on a plate for Dzeko.

IF Cuadrado is good at creating chances and getting in behind teams but his finishing leaves a lot to be desired.
  • DSD27
    5699 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2017
    I put Hunter on IF Mario Gomez and he got better, he finally scored a good header in a challenge with a CB. Looks like no jumpng boost is better for headers aha. And noww he has 86 pace which is great.
  • Andy87 wrote: »
    The latest team and hopefully I'll stick with it for a while. Serie A seems to be the league I keep going back to.

How is IF Banega? His dribbling and agility really looks tempting. I've Hamsik 86 right now and he is pretty good. But with his price rise again I thought i wanna sell him and buy somenone cheaper
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    edited April 2017
    Buying Gomez back and trying him in my 433(2) formation. Can't get on with the 4231(2). Can't NOT use the GOAT though. Plus I want to use that birthday blasz.
    Post edited by Kip2MyLou on
  • Andy87
    Andy87 wrote: »

How is IF Banega? His dribbling and agility really looks tempting. I've Hamsik 86 right now and he is pretty good. But with his price rise again I thought i wanna sell him and buy somenone cheaper

He's top notch I can't see me wanting to ever get rid of him. His dribbling is excellent and all his passes go where they're intended and he had a good shot on him.
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    2862 posts Fans' Favourite
    Thinking about trying a new playstyle with a target man, got TIF Benteke who's been a beast so far for me so I wanna make a fitness Prem team around him as the target man! Any suggestions as to which type of players I should look to put around him? Cheers!
  • DSD27
    Kip2MyLou wrote: »
    Buying Gomez back and trying him in my 433(2) formation. Can't get on with the 4231(2). Can't NOT use the GOAT though. Plus I want to use that birthday blasz.

did you put Hunter on him?
  • YNWA1994NV
    1165 posts Professional
    Thinking about trying a new playstyle with a target man, got TIF Benteke who's been a beast so far for me so I wanna make a fitness Prem team around him as the target man! Any suggestions as to which type of players I should look to put around him? Cheers!
    What kind of budget are you working with?
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    2862 posts Fans' Favourite
    YNWA1994NV wrote: »
    What kind of budget are you working with?
    Haven't really got a budget mate, already got a ton of players from the prem so it doesn't have to be mega expensive or anything since it's just gonna be a squad I use for fun every now and then! Just looking for a few suggestions about which type of players to use around him in a 4-2-3-1 (wide)
  • MiIan
    12400 posts Has That Special Something
    TIF Immobile. Enough said.
  • kalvink
    24 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Anyone tried 4411? Seems like it could be deadly with IF Gomez and Muller at CF
  • Andy87
    kalvink wrote: »

Been tempted to try it but haven't yet, if anyone tries it let me know how it is.
  • DSD27
    edited April 2017
    KingDutch wrote: »

:joy: He is not a target-man. I think even the name speaks for itself.
  • Amargaladaster26
    7209 posts Big Money Move
    DSD27 wrote: »

He has top-notch heading accuracy, jumping and aggression. 184cm is less than typical targetman, but totally usable.
  • Andy87

He has top-notch heading accuracy, jumping and aggression. 184cm is less than typical targetman, but totally usable.

Lacks the target forward and power header traits which really make a good target man in my opinion. He is a perfectly good player though.
  • Andy87

I just tried 4411 and lost 2-1 to a very average player. He played 4321 with Sturridge, Mane and Sanchez up front and with the lack of 2 CDMs I just got hit on the counter all the time. It was just a simple 2 or 3 passes and he was running at my defence. I'd say with 4231 you're more in control of the game. It was only one game but I really didn't like it.
  • Clancy
    7755 posts League Winner
    is this the first time I've discovered this thread? surprising as I've been playing 5221 crossing based game all year

there's no target man on game like benteke IMO, maybe when Modeste TOTS comes out it will rival benteke's IFs

the 87 benteke is tearing it up in WL for me. highly recommend him to anyone

eidTIjJ.png
  • Zahmzan
    83 posts Park Captain

I made it my main tactic for a couple of months now... it's nice... but has a great flaw imo. Since you don't have any CDM sometimes you are caught by pacers counter attacks! It's a nice tactic but that flaw alone with the fact everyone runs THE PACE package upfront makes things rather difficult. But has amazing sinergy for Target Man ;)
  • YNWA1994NV
    1165 posts Professional
    Can anyone suggest a squad with SIF Modeste and SBC SES? Thanks for the help guys. I have 600k to spend with those two already in the team on PS4.
  • Amargaladaster26
    7209 posts Big Money Move

Lacks the target forward and power header traits which really make a good target man in my opinion. He is a perfectly good player though.

Yeah, they are defo really useful. However then we also go to definition of targetman, which imo is not only a tall striker that you hit with crosses.
  • Andy87

Yeah, they are defo really useful. However then we also go to definition of targetman, which imo is not only a tall striker that you hit with crosses.

I'm going to give him a go because Dzeko has been poor for me and hardly finding the net.
  • BCFC1979
    518 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Clancy wrote: »
    is this the first time I've discovered this thread? surprising as I've been playing 5221 crossing based game all year

there's no target man on game like benteke IMO, maybe when Modeste TOTS comes out it will rival benteke's IFs

the 87 benteke is tearing it up in WL for me. highly recommend him to anyone

eidTIjJ.png

What CTs and instructions do you use mate?
  • Andy87
    Just sold up and went BPL because I'm getting hammered against 4321 BPL teams. Made Ibrahimovich my main purchase so let's see what damage he can do :)
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    Trying this.
    Have 2 fitness squads.

There is a distinct lack of 1st time crossers in this game.

My pl fitness side is ok...have baines and IF trippier who have the trait so they are no brainers.
    Sanchez and mane out wide.
    Supplying lukaku and IF giroud.

Can be fun.
    Not quite got the midfield ballance right yet...have eriksen and dembele which is a bit low on the defensive side.

Other fitness side has firminio and gomez uptop....got the chem through gustavo and douglas costa.....gomez scored 4 headers in his last game lol