FIFA 17 demo

JPRM71
2224 posts Fans' Favourite
Supposedly due at 6pm today, has anyone else heard the same?

Comments

• JPRM71
    Sorry didn't realise the FIFA 17 menus had been updated.
  • collie_96
    1305 posts Professional
    So is it out or not? :D
  • JPRM71
    collie_96 wrote: »
    collie_96 wrote: »

We'll find out at 6 :smiley:
  • Kamilflage
    4508 posts National Call-Up
    Can't even get into the Playstation store lol....what **** nerve Sony has, increase price of PS Plus and can't even handle server traffic...
  • JPRM71
    Maintenance on the PS Store, you couldn't make this **** up!!
  • Jason1986
    6857 posts Big Money Move
    Absolutely pathetic decision to have a maintenance on the store at the exact same time as a major demo is released.

Seriously, someone actually deserves sacking for this. Only Sony could be this incompetent.
  • iyad69100
    1687 posts Play-Off Hero
    Jason1986 wrote: »
    Absolutely pathetic decision to have a maintenance on the store at the exact same time as a major demo is released.

Seriously, someone actually deserves sacking for this. Only Sony could be this incompetent.

It's not a maintenance, it's just about servers getting overloaded.
  • Jason1986
    iyad69100 wrote: »

Really? I had a "maintenance" message come up when trying to load the store up.

Still, absolutely awful service from Sony.
  • WS-SCFC-1184
    1213 posts Professional
    Mines downloading but its 8.142 GB and apparently thats going to take (7 hours left) wtf!!!!
  • iyad69100
    1687 posts Play-Off Hero

Really? I had a "maintenance" message come up when trying to load the store up.

Still, absolutely awful service from Sony.

100%
  • iyad69100
    1687 posts Play-Off Hero
    Unable to download ...
    The download is on my list but I can't start it .. crashing everytime
  • indcolts18288
    4536 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2016
    I was prompted to download a system update it's about done. Better not be maintainance. I'm in the US though, not sure if it makes a difference.
  • indcolts18288
    It's downloading fine however it says I have 3hrs left. File size is 8.140GB
  • indcolts18288
    Weird.
    I logged into 16 and the Mertens card that has been stuck in my expired transfer targets list for the entire season is now gone lol
  • Mackie17
    4908 posts Big Money Move
    Taking ages to DL.. Anyone played yet?
  • Tommygunn
    3124 posts National Call-Up
    I have 33 hours left. It's been downloading for about 3 hours already
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6316 posts Big Money Move
    Having the same issue, 200mb internet connection and its been downloading 4hours so far and on around 3gb, just gona put it on rest mode and go bed lol
  • Jason1986
    My brother (staying round for the week) is on Xbox, he downloaded the demo within 20 minutes. I'm almost half way there after about 3 hours.

Same internet connection, started around the same time...
  • ZKnight
    226 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2016
    Well Microsoft to Sony in networking is a Lambo to a horse cart. I just hope when I get home that horse cart can get to the finish line before midnight or else i gotta wait until tomorrow after work to play.
  • bgp1845
    1807 posts Play-Off Hero
    lol they made new fancy names for free kick controls but it's literally exactly the same.
  • Ishibum
    11803 posts Has That Special Something
    Weird.
    I logged into 16 and the Mertens card that has been stuck in my expired transfer targets list for the entire season is now gone lol

My Felipe Luis card has disappeared too. Only took 6 months :lol:
  • Ishibum
    11803 posts Has That Special Something
    ZKnight wrote: »
    Well Microsoft to Sony in networking is a Lambo to a horse cart. I just hope when I get home that horse cart can get to the finish line before midnight or else i gotta wait until tomorrow after work to play.

Do we know what cloud provider Sony uses? I know MS have their own (explaining why it works so much better). I know Amazon don't have anything to do with em in this regard (old job insider knowledge) but could go some way to explaining the difference in quality.
  • iyad69100
    1687 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ishibum wrote: »
    Weird.

WOOOOAAAH
    My stuck Aaron Ramsey has disappeared too.
    I kept screaming on EA for 8 months for it.
    Not very early though, it kept me away from trading on web app since TOTY !!!!!
  • indcolts18288
    Weird.

WOOOOAAAH

Nowwww they do something. Go figure lol
  • iyad69100
    1687 posts Play-Off Hero
    Weird.

WOOOOAAAH

Nowwww they do something. Go figure lol

And I will look extremely stupid if I ask for compensation at this point of FIFA16 I guess ..
  • indcolts18288
    Quick thoughts after a few matches.
    Beautiful beautiful and more beautiful.
    Ball physics are amazing. Player movement is much improved and they behave like real people lol. Thru balls and passing seem revamped and rather easy. I like the new set piece and corner revamp it's going to be a lot easier to score. I'm already a crossing **** so this suits me well. Honesly I'm really hard pressed to find many flaws but I'm sure that will come with the release version and online play. Just a fun and BEAUTIFUL game thus far but I've only played a few matches so I reserve the right to **** when I'm ready. This demo will definitely entertain me for the next few weeks.
  • indcolts18288
    Fast players are FAST. Shielding is going to be abused.
  • axan
    695 posts An Exciting Prospect

I've just played a couple of games so far and IMO fast players aren't that fast. Meaning, this is not a "pace abuse" fifa yet just like beginning of 16. Slower defenders can easily catch up with fast attackers with the ball. However, the game itself is a bit fast IMO if they can slow it even just a little, it would be better. It kind of feels like more arcade because of it.
  • indcolts18288
    axan wrote: »

I've just played a couple of games so far and IMO fast players aren't that fast. Meaning, this is not a "pace abuse" fifa yet just like beginning of 16. Slower defenders can easily catch up with fast attackers with the ball. However, the game itself is a bit fast IMO if they can slow it even just a little, it would be better. It kind of feels like more arcade because of it.

I would agree. Perhaps it is the game more than the players individually.