• Wyojasond
    11209 posts Has That Special Something
    Stoke, Leicester, and Sunderland! What the heck is going on! Lol
  • JTS900
    230 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    10 points clear!! Sunderland doing well too :lol:
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    Three more months for Neymar! Do I hear bust? At least you still have Kane...and Iwobi. :) Although I've grown kind of fond of West Ham recently for some reason, probably was a game Arsenal should have won. At least the pressure of going undefeated is off you. League is going splendid and I expect Arsenal to be a force again in Champions League.
  • Ashy
    9526 posts League Winner
    That's a pretty meaty lead at the top.
    The heck are Sunderland doing up there >_>
    I know Sunderland just got promoted too and they are currently 3rd!
    Stoke, Leicester, and Sunderland! What the heck is going on! Lol
    The rise of the smaller clubs!
    JTS900 wrote: »
    10 points clear!! Sunderland doing well too :lol:
    I'm starting to run away with it but there is still a chance of United catching me
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Three more months for Neymar! Do I hear bust? At least you still have Kane...and Iwobi. :) Although I've grown kind of fond of West Ham recently for some reason, probably was a game Arsenal should have won. At least the pressure of going undefeated is off you. League is going splendid and I expect Arsenal to be a force again in Champions League.
    Neymar has been disappointing really even when he was playing, Welbeck has come in and doing a fantastic job on the left in his place, really didn't even need to buy Neymar now I think about it. Kane and Iwobi have created a fantastic partnership, fantastic squad of players right now I really think the double/treble is on!
  • Ashy
    9526 posts League Winner
    uoMMf4P.png
    January is always a quiet window for Arsenal and it is the same this year, Bergkamp will be very happy with his summer business and how the results have gone so far so you would think nothing much needs changing but the club bring in two attacking players to add depth to the squad. Lanzini being the main target and £35m is a lot to pay for a back up attacking midfielder but one that could well make the difference coming off the bench. Rashica has also come in from Vitesse for £18.5m, the Kosovar winger is full of skill, pace and will add a much needed boost to the squad for the second half of the season.

A few players exit the club, firstly Cazorla has agreed a pre-contract with West Ham and will join them for free in the summer, Jenkinson has been let go after a lack of game time as Lazio agree a £3.2m deal to bring the right-back to Italy. Willock is another player that has not made it at the Gunners and has been sold to Preston for £750k, and finally Academy graduate Pavel Bicanic joins Rothertham on a year long loan.

Dennis Bergkamp on Arsenal's winter business:
    We have been blessed with a very good run of results in the first half of the season so for me no big changes we needed but I do think we were a little light in the attacking areas, especially with the injures we get throughout the year, the opportunity came up with Lanzini and he always proved a problem when playing against West Ham, I really think he will be a good fit the team but can he take Iwobi's spot as the central attacking midfielder? Probably not, Rashica will be a key squad player for us, I really hope he hits the ground running and makes a name for himself at the club, he's got a big few months ahead of him.

Top 10 Biggest transfers from around the world
    1. Bayern Munich pay up £37m for contract rebel Depay
    2. Liverpool finally complete the signing of Ziyech of Ajax for £34m
    3. Napoli sell star striker Milik to Manchester United for £30m
    4. Manchester United spend again as Nastasic exits Leicester City for £22.5m
    5. West Ham complete £19m signing of Simon from Gent
    6. Lewandowski will leave Bayern for Barcelona for nothing next summer after signing a pre-contract
    7. Martial also exits Man Utd for free with a pre-deal agreed with Real Madrid for next summer
    8. Correa will join PSG next summer for free with a contract agreed
    9. Anderson Talisca signs pre-contract with Liverpool
    10. M'gladbach keeper Sommer also signs pre-contract with Crystal Palace
    IGVCwOz.png
    • Barcelona complete the £64m signing of Lacazette from Lyon in the late hours of deadline day
    • Real Madrid agree to sell want-away midfielder Casemiro to Juventus for a massive £40m
    • Swansea City spend big on Ederson from Benfica for £23.5m
    • Real Madrid pull of a shock £20.5m signing of AC Milan's Bonaventura
    • Manchester United lure Ucan from Fenerbahce for a sweet £20.5m
    • Bournemouth sell up on Afobe as Norwich City agree a fee of £11m
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Destroying everyone. What a nice squad. With the huge gap you have and the depth of the team you can rotate before you face strong rivals.
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    West Ham giving up Lanzini, guess they are determined to get relegated this season. Lot happening throughout in the transfer window.
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Why does Bonaventura always have to leave? :'(

Also, nice to see United lose a striker for once instead of buying loads of them.
    Sad about Cazorla but hey, that's the way things go (and happy to see AI teams use some pre-contracts too, I don't remember seeing it happen in FIFA 16 for example but I might be wrong of course). Lanzini could be a huge addition!
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lots of transfers happening. Strange that WHU
    let Lanzini go. Great business for you though.
  • JoshDFC
    2011 posts Fans' Favourite
    Great signing in Lanzini will be interesting to see how he fits in for you hopefully has a better injury record then Neymar :wink:
  • Wyojasond
    Great signing in Lanzini. Arsenal starting to look like Barcelona with all of there depth.
  • ale85bg
    edited December 2016
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Great signing in Lanzini will be interesting to see how he fits in for you hopefully has a better injury record then Neymar :wink:
    Imagine what will happen when (or shouid I say if ?) Neymar gets back... Arsenal could be even more devasting than they are now!
  • Ashy
    9526 posts League Winner
    subpop wrote: »
    Destroying everyone. What a nice squad. With the huge gap you have and the depth of the team you can rotate before you face strong rivals.
    Thanks man, my aim was to have a very strong eleven and bench and I think I have that, Lanzini, Bakambu, Wilshere players like that on the bench to come on is massive.
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    West Ham giving up Lanzini, guess they are determined to get relegated this season. Lot happening throughout in the transfer window.
    Yeah but I guess 35m was something they couldn't refuse, maybe the player wanted out too, big move for Lanzini!
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Why does Bonaventura always have to leave? :'(
    Also, nice to see United lose a striker for once instead of buying loads of them.
    Sad about Cazorla but hey, that's the way things go (and happy to see AI teams use some pre-contracts too, I don't remember seeing it happen in FIFA 16 for example but I might be wrong of course). Lanzini could be a huge addition!
    Yeah I noticed that too, AI using pre-contracts to their advantage I do worry though that teams let it get to that stage I mean would Bayern not renew Lewandowski :s
  • Ashy
    9526 posts League Winner
    Lots of transfers happening. Strange that WHU
    let Lanzini go. Great business for you though.
    I think it was a combination of the player wanting to leave and a good sum of money for the player that made it work, good for us!
    I think even Wilshere or Diaby have a better injury record than Neymar :D It won't be hard
    Great signing in Lanzini. Arsenal starting to look like Barcelona with all of there depth.
    Thanks yeah well to be one of the best teams in the world you need a few good back up players and it's about time we have that.
  • Ashy
    9526 posts League Winner
    edited January 2017
    6EmSrx6.png
    January Results
    zeuHK7w.png
    February Results
    FzM0j8Z.png
    March Results
    6o5H5Ko.png
    April Results
    rzM9C16.png
    May Results
    1bHn7z7.png

This was a massive mismatch for Crystal Palace, just 6 days earlier they were beaten at home on the final day of the season by Arsenal 4-1 and now they go to Wembley to try beat this incredible freakish team in the final of the FA Cup well good luck to them.

They needed a miracle because Arsenal just dominated from start to finish, it was like a training ground exercise for the Gunners, Kane scored two goals in the first 7 minutes both clinical powerful finishes into the bottom corner leaving the keeper no chance of saving them and Chamberlain's curling shot in the top corner just before half-time made it 3-0 and game over. To be fair Crystal Palace came out and tried, they pushed for a goal and defended well for most of the second half but super sub Bakambu sealed the deal with a fourth in the 90th minute and Arsenal lift the FA Cup for the first time under Dennis Bergkamp!

0Wv03TI.png

Arsenal were now double winners and this was their chance to make history and win their first Champions League trophy and become treble winners. Inter Milan did incredible to get to the final beating Barcelona in the quarter-finals and ruining a dream North London European final by defeating Tottenham in the semi-finals. They looked as good as ever coming into this but on the day they suffered such a beating it was hard to watch.

I think part of this was because of Arsenal's Champions League result last year, losing to Atletico Madrid in the final minutes of the match, they wanted to start with pace and intensity and they are the masters of that, Xhaka scored a fantastic long range shot with his strong left foot in the 15th minute, and Inter held on for another 60 minutes but then they just seemed to crumble as Arsenal piled on the pressure to get the 2nd, a powerful volley from Iwobi deflected off Andreolli to fall in the back of the net counting as an own goal made it 2-0 and then Kane netted a double within 5 minutes of each other and finally Neymar scored a breathtaking solo goal in the 87th minute to end the game 5-0.

Arsenal win the Champions League for the first time and are named treble winners 18/19. They also set an incredible record of the biggest victory in a European final with the 5-0 win!

HRAzHQN.png
    Home - PL31, W27, D4, L0
    Away - PL35, W22, D8, L5
    Total - PL66, W49, D12, L5
    Premier League 76.3% Win ratio
    Overall 74.2% Win ratio

Arsenal Major Injury Report
    • Joel Campbell will miss 4 months after the 2-0 Benfica win (Expected return end of July)
    • Karsdorp will miss 4 months after the 2-0 Benfica win (Expected return end of July)
    • Harry Kane missed 3 weeks mid March (Returned first week of April)
    • Jack Wilshere will miss 2 months after the 3-0 Burnley win (Expected return mid July)

Arsenal Team Stats (All Competitions)

Top 6 Goalscorers
    1. Harry Kane 27
    2. Alex Iwobi 20
    3. Cedric Bakambu 19
    4. Danny Welbeck 13
    5. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain 11
    6. Aaron Ramsey, Neymar 7
    Top 6 Assists
    1. Alex Iwobi 20
    2. Harry Kane 14
    3. Aaron Ramsey 9
    4. Cedric Bakambu, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Neymar 7
  • Ashy
    9526 posts League Winner
    edited January 2017
    h5nBud9.png

Congrats to @Virtual_K, you may of had the last pick but you ended up with the best player, Iwobi was massively under the radar before the season started, each year he grew so much and began contributing in more and more goals and this was his big year with the sale of key attacking players (Ozil, Sanchez, Payet) and he took it, playing as the main playmaker for us he went up from 83 to 89 rated this season and the Nigerian midfielder is only 23 years old! 3 years ago he was a 70 rated silver card and now he is an 89 rated Arsenal legend! Thank you all for joining in it was a great year!
    Post edited by Ashy on
  • Ashy
    9526 posts League Winner
    0xnm0M2.png
  • Ashy
    9526 posts League Winner
    YNwiNIC.png

Champions Around The World
    • 25px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Premier League - Arsenal
    • 25px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Ligue 1 - Lyon
    • 25px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Bundesliga - Borussia Dortmund
    • 25px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png La Liga - Real Madrid
    • 25px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Serie A - Roma
    • 25px-Flag_of_Europe.svg.png UEFA Champions League - Arsenal
    • 25px-Flag_of_Europe.svg.png UEFA Europa League - FC Koln
    • 25px-Flag_of_England.svg.png EFL Cup - Manchester City
    • 25px-Flag_of_England.svg.png FA Cup - Arsenal
    • Promoted Championship teams: Watford (Winners), Aston Villa (Runners Up), Newcastle (Play-Off Winners)
  • Ashy
    9526 posts League Winner
    edited January 2017
    A lot to take in I know! I just wanted to get it all finished and posted around the same time for you guys, it's been an incredible career, Dennis Bergkamp took over Arsenal 3 years ago and won the EFL Cup and Europa League and also coming 2nd in the league in his first season in charge.

But it was always going to be about the 2nd year for the Dutchman, some game changing signings were made, the most controversial transfer in recent times, Kane swapped Spurs for Arsenal in a £69m deal, and in came Grimaldo and Payet and Florenzi as Bellerin's replacement with Walcott also leaving. Arsenal had a 12 game unbeaten run at the start of the season but the journey was all about how it finished, although Arsenal won the league after a 14 year wait they missed out on the treble losing the FA cup to Man Utd and UCL to Atletico Madrid both in the final minutes of the games.

So it was time to go big or go home for Dennis, he cashed in on Ozil, Sanchez, Payet and more, swapped Cech for Oblak and spent a world record sum £119m (and Ozil) for the world's best player Neymar. There was no messing around for Dennis and Arsenal lost their first game of the season to West Ham in the back end of December after an incredible start. The Gunners won the league with 93 points just missing the record of 95, and demolished both finalists in the FA cup and UCL to make right what happened last season and become treble winners.

Arsenal's team will go down in history and Iwobi was a key figure in that, 3 years ago he was a reserve getting the odd game under Wenger and Dennis turned him world class and now he is one of the best in the world at the age of 23. I want to say thanks to all my readers it's been great fun to do this story and this is now a great way to end it, I wanted to go and create the next invincibles but I got the next best thing and made the Emirates a fortress by being unbeaten at home. This is where the story ends, as you can imagine this Arsenal team will go places now and I'll just let that curiosity sit with you :)
  • Guzman
    960 posts Semi-Pro
    Congrats on the victories! Great season for iwobi :o
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Incredible. What a season... what a way to win... victory by demolition. You did it, mission accomplished.

Very nice story, nice presentation. I truly enjoyed it. Thanks and congratulations!!

Time for new challenges!
  • Wyojasond
    Great finish to another great story. Hope you decide to start up another one man :)
  • ale85bg
    Do you know that feeling when a movie that kept you on the edge of your seat ends and you want more? That's exactly what I feel right now.
    There have been some difficult moments (end of S2 anyone?) but you managed to rise from the ashes and get back stronger than before. The happy ending has been exceptional (thanks for trashing Inter, really... I couldn't have thought of a better ending :joy: ) and the journey has been great to follow though, so congratulations for yet another great career and for winning almost everything you could win. :)

Thank you for the great moments, and for the dedication you put into this. Thumbs up! :)
  • JoshDFC
    2011 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fantastic season and a great way to finish completing the treble hope to see you do another story :)
  • Greenman019
    Well that's one hell of a season. Winning the league by 7 points is a pretty impressive achievement on it's own but smashing both finals as well. Not just winning them but a 4-0 and 5-0 wins in the FA Cup and Champions League final respectively. Hard to know which of those 3 is more impressive to be honest but if I had to choose it'd be the champions league win over Inter.

Bittersweet knowing that it's come to an end really, enjoyed the thread mate. Top notch on everything again, especially the graphics ^^
    Looking forward to your next endeavour.
  • Ashy
    9526 posts League Winner
    Guzman wrote: »
    Congrats on the victories! Great season for iwobi :o
    Thanks, Iwobi and Kane had a fantastic partnership, dare I say better than Bergkamp and Henry!? :)
    subpop wrote: »
    Incredible. What a season... what a way to win... victory by demolition. You did it, mission accomplished.
    Very nice story, nice presentation. I truly enjoyed it. Thanks and congratulations!!
    Time for new challenges!
    Yeah it was an incredible way to finish, wish I could have spent more time with that final season and done it in more detail but it's all over now and it has a fairy tale ending ;)
    Great finish to another great story. Hope you decide to start up another one man :)
    Thanks man, this will definitely be my final Fifa 17 story though
    Fantastic season and a great way to finish completing the treble hope to see you do another story :)
    Cheers, always want to end my stories with a successful ending and this is just that! As much as I'd love to do another I don't have the time and I've kinda fell out of love with career mode as of late
    Well that's one hell of a season. Winning the league by 7 points is a pretty impressive achievement on it's own but smashing both finals as well. Not just winning them but a 4-0 and 5-0 wins in the FA Cup and Champions League final respectively. Hard to know which of those 3 is more impressive to be honest but if I had to choose it'd be the champions league win over Inter.
    Bittersweet knowing that it's come to an end really, enjoyed the thread mate. Top notch on everything again, especially the graphics ^^
    Looking forward to your next endeavour.
    The Champions League one is probably the most impressive, nobody dominates a team as much as that although the score line was 5-0 it was 1-0 up until 75 minutes then Inter just crumbled after the deflected own goal and Arsenal just showed no mercy, not having any late goals cost me a final again! :)
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Do you know that feeling when a movie that kept you on the edge of your seat ends and you want more? That's exactly what I feel right now.
    There have been some difficult moments (end of S2 anyone?) but you managed to rise from the ashes and get back stronger than before. The happy ending has been exceptional (thanks for trashing Inter, really... I couldn't have thought of a better ending :joy: ) and the journey has been great to follow though, so congratulations for yet another great career and for winning almost everything you could win. :)

Thank you for the great moments, and for the dedication you put into this. Thumbs up! :)
    Haha I'm glad the story has made you feel you want more, I'd like to think there were many more successful seasons after and Bergkamp stayed for a very long time, Iwobi and Kane being known as the best partnership of all time who knows, thought you'd be happy with the Inter Milan score :D That was something special and I bet many AC Milan fans watching that on tv were cheering for the Arsenal that night haha.

One final word this might well be my final story on here, I'll be sticking around and will still be active on the forums but I really doubt I'll be doing another career mode story in the near future or even Fifa 18, they will have to blow me out of the water with some serious updates to tempt me, so if this is my final story I hoped you enjoyed all my previous ones, my graphics and writing has improved so much in the last few years and it's been a pleasure.
  • Greenman019
    edited January 2017
    Ashy wrote: »
    One final word this might well be my final story on here, I'll be sticking around and will still be active on the forums but I really doubt I'll be doing another career mode story in the near future or even Fifa 18, they will have to blow me out of the water with some serious updates to tempt me, so if this is my final story I hoped you enjoyed all my previous ones, my graphics and writing has improved so much in the last few years and it's been a pleasure.

It's a shame man, enjoy 'em.

Can I be nosey and ask why ^^

• Ashy
    9526 posts League Winner
    It's a shame man, enjoy 'em.
    Can I be nosey and ask why ^^
    Yea I've just got bored of career mode and can't see myself putting the time into another story with graphics and write ups and everything because it does take up a decent amount of personal time, credit to you guys that are still going.
    If FIFA 18 is anything close to this years then it will be the same thing, also I want to start using my time playing other games and stuff but like I said I'll still be around and try keep up with the stories :)