Arsenal | The Invincible Restoration | A fitting End

Comments

• ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Nice to see you sticking with "real" transfers at the beginning. I usually do so too, it adds realism.

Looking forward to the first matches... Come on Gunners! comeonyoureds.gif
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Should be a good CMS.
    As always! :joy:
  • Ashy
    9559 posts League Winner
    Good update with the same nice graphics.
    Quite looking forward to release with so many good CM stories going up.
    Cheers, I cannot wait as well!
    Wow! I hadn't realized how much Bayern paid for Sanches. I mean totally worth it as that kid is a legend in the making, but still didn't realize it was that much :o great updates as always man. Are you gonna keep the window closed when you start and just stick with what they did in real life? I always like stories more that start out that way :)
    Sanches will probably cost them close to £68m anyway I think he will be one of the young players that actually ends up class, like Neymar. Every young player has hype around them but only a few take it to that next level and he will surely be one of them imo. I'm also keeping the window closed as usual.
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    It's a shame Joachim Low wasn't named the new coach, then we could make jokes about how Arsenal has sunk to a new Low. :o Opening post looks great as do the updates. Should be a good CMS.
    I appointed him in my Fifa 16 career story and I did a story update called 'All time Low for Arsenal' Haha.
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Nice to see you sticking with "real" transfers at the beginning. I usually do so too, it adds realism.
    Looking forward to the first matches... Come on Gunners! comeonyoureds.gif
    Thanks man, eager to get started with this at least I have an update every day until then :)
  • Ashy
    9559 posts League Winner
    edited September 2016
    y7jbarq.png
    Arsenal bring in a much needed striker to the squad in Lucas Perez from Deportivo La Coruna, the Spanish forward scored 17 goals and assisted 8 in 35 games last season for the struggling La Liga club and now he gets his breakthrough, the 27-year old signs a long term deal with the North London club after they met his £17.1m buy-out clause with Everton rivalling them. Perez will get the no.9 shirt and Arsenal boss Dennis Bergkamp has spoken on the signing saying, "He is exactly what we have been looking for, a dynamic forward that can help us out and score us the goals needed to win big games and even the league, I firmly believe he will hit the ground running here". Arsenal were reported to be in for Higuain, Griezmann and Aubameyang earlier in the window but were priced out with two of the players remaining at their clubs.

Arsenal allow Joel Campbell to go to Sporting Lisbon on loan for the season, the Costa Rican winger will be able to get more game time at the Portuguese club and compete at the highest level in the Champions League, can Joel have a good season and set his mark in the Arsenal squad next year?

Also have Arsenal uncovered an English gem? Bolton player of the year Rob Holding joins the Gunners on a 5-year deal after the two clubs agree on a £2m fee. Holding could be one of England's future centre-backs at 20-years of age, Rob will have a big task on his hand to battle for his place in the squad with the likes of Koscielny, Mustafi, Mertesacker and Gabriel ahead of him. Finally Arsenal sell Isaac Hayden to Newcastle for a respectable fee of £2.5m, the midfielder could play a vital role in their task to make it back to the Premier League.

• As Arsenal miss out on Higuain, Juventus pounce after meeting his £76.5m buy-out clause.
    • Manchester United sign the highly rated Villarreal centre-back Bailly for a reported £30m.
    • Chelsea lure Leicester City's £32m rated Kante from the Champions in a bid to climb back into the race for the title in the upcoming season.
    • Manchester United complete a world record transfer to bring back Paul Pogba from Juventus, the record fee reported to be just over £89m.
    • Chelsea make another swoop with Batshuayi coming to the club for £33m, can he push into the starting eleven with Diego Costa ahead of him?
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2016
    Really think they needed to bring in one more striker as well. Do seem pretty light, striker wise. Oh and thanks for Hayden, guy is pretty good.

• Wyojasond
    11242 posts Has That Special Something
    I haven't seen enough of Perez to truly rate him but he seems a solid signing for the team. Holding will be interesting to follow. Another nice update man. God, is this game out yet. I'm chomping at the bit. Lol
  • Chris
    5386 posts Big Money Move
    I think Perez will be become good for Arsenal, needs a bit of time to settle
  • IAmLikingFlame
    3875 posts National Call-Up
    Good luck, you always have such great graphics and I'm excited to see what all you do graphics-wise this time.
  • Ashy
    9559 posts League Winner
    Really think they needed to bring in one more striker as well. Do seem pretty light, striker wise. Oh and thanks for Hayden, guy is pretty good.
    Unless I can get Giroud or Perez or even Sanchez (If I use him how Wenger is right now as a CF) scoring 25+ goals a season in the league then I need a new striker, but we will see home January or even next summer, Hayden will do well in the Championship :)
    I haven't seen enough of Perez to truly rate him but he seems a solid signing for the team. Holding will be interesting to follow. Another nice update man. God, is this game out yet. I'm chomping at the bit. Lol
    Cheers, me too really want early access to come now, do you have XboxOne or PS4 btw? Perez will show how good he is in due course, I hope!
    Chris wrote: »
    I think Perez will be become good for Arsenal, needs a bit of time to settle
    Agreed, I really want to give him a good few games to show how good he is but his age is a bit worrying, felt like the cheap option but a decent one at that.
    Good luck, you always have such great graphics and I'm excited to see what all you do graphics-wise this time.
    Thanks Flame, appreciate it, graphics wise I have a few new things going on but most of them are quite similar to last year.
  • Ashy
    9559 posts League Winner
    edited September 2016
    zbGLxIf.png
    Arsenal complete their final signing of the summer and it's a big statement, German international Mustafi exits Valencia as Arsenal agree £35m deal to bring the centre-back to North London. Mustafi is highly rated over there in Spain and Dennis Bergkamp is a big admirer of him saying, "I absolutely rate this guy, he will make our defence a solid unit next to Koscielny and now you look at Mertesacker, Gabriel and Holding we have strong depth compared to our league rivals, that is important for this area of the pitch".

Arsenal's summer went quite fine until the final moments as Serge Gnabry returned from his fantastic performance at the Olympics to forced a move away from the Gunners, the German had only a year left and refused to be loaned out once again and Bergkamp made it clear it would be hard to guarantee him minutes this season so both player and manager agreed it was best to sell him as Arsenal get £5m for his Werder Bremen move.

Arsenal and Jack Wilshere have a very strong connection, many firmly believe he will be the future captain however the player has had bad luck with injuries and has found it hard to cement his place in the starting eleven, now he gets a loan move to Bournemouth for the season to prove his fitness and prove to Bergkamp he has the ability to play in that Arsenal midfield. Callum Chambers is also loaned out to Premier League side Middlesbrough for the season in a bid to get more game time.

• Manchester City finally get their man John Stones for a massive £47m fee, the young English centre-back is set to play a big role in Guardiola's bid to capture the Premier League title.
    • Barcelona confirm they have completed the deal to bring Benfica star Andre Gomes to the club for £29.7m
    • Guardiola strikes again as Man City sign £42.m rated Sane from Schalke.
    • Chelsea fail to land their main centre-back targets and now they go back in for David Luiz with the fee reported to be £33m, David Luiz looks set to return to Chelsea this summer.
    • Spurs break their transfer record as Sissoko exits Championship side Newcastle for £30m.
  • Greenman019
    Was a big signing for them. Quite uncharacteristically as well money wise IMO.

Wilshere was the big surprise for me though. Could be massive for Bournemouth, great deal for them.
  • Wyojasond
    11242 posts Has That Special Something
    I've got an Xbox one :) mustafi I feel like was one of the best moves all summer. Not just for Arsenal.
  • Chris
    5386 posts Big Money Move
    Mustafi is a quality signing for Arsenal, he could be legendary for you guys
  • Cody22775
    591 posts Sunday League Hero
    Good luck
  • ale85bg
    I agree, Mustafi is a great signing. He was already great at Sampdoria, I remember him.
  • theroyalschamp
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Good luck for the season. Nice to see that you're already updating what has already happened in the summer.
  • Ashy
    9559 posts League Winner
    Was a big signing for them. Quite uncharacteristically as well money wise IMO. Wilshere was the big surprise for me though. Could be massive for Bournemouth, great deal for them.
    Yeah didn't think we would spend that much on a defender but we did thank god, hopefully Wilshere does well over there as well.
    I've got an Xbox one :) mustafi I feel like was one of the best moves all summer. Not just for Arsenal.
    Awesome, agreed I actually think Xhaka will turn out to be one of the best signings of the summer and could turn into one of the best midfielders in the world in a few years.
    Chris wrote: »
    Mustafi is a quality signing for Arsenal, he could be legendary for you guys
    Not sure about legendary but I do hope so!
    Cody22775 wrote: »
    Good luck
    Thanks pal
    ale85bg wrote: »
    I agree, Mustafi is a great signing. He was already great at Sampdoria, I remember him.
    Only started following his progress a bit once he came onto the scene for his national team, good to hear is was good before then though!
    Good luck for the season. Nice to see that you're already updating what has already happened in the summer.
    Yeah now onto the Premier League predictions! :)
  • Ashy
    9559 posts League Winner
    edited September 2016
    mE9WY9V.png
    20th - Once again Burnley make it back to the Premier League and I have predicted them to finish rock bottom, the squad just isn't good enough for this level and they have failed to bring in the quality needed, Steven Defour will play a key part and Andre Gray will get a fair amount of goals but it will be another disappointing campaign for Sean Dyche I think.
    M8wGEXn.png
    19th - Sunderland had an awful transfer window and while bringing in Moyes does seem like a good move it also doesn't fill me with confidence, Sunderland will have trouble and I can see them in a relegation battle for most of the season unfortunately, the main problem being the lack of creativity, Defoe will get goals but who will supply him? The defence also looks a bit wobbly so it will be interesting to see if they can prove me wrong like last year.
    HE1ehv4.png
    18th - This one may surprise many, I have predicted Bournemouth to just miss on survival this year, it's a shame to put a club like this so low on the table but I just feel the teams above them are a little better, Ibe comes in as Ritchie's replacement, Cook and Wilshere add something extra to the midfield but once again I feel they didn't invest enough in the window, they are relying on Callum Wilson too much and of course he will score goals but I can't see it being enough to keep them up.
    xIHNmla.png
    17th - Hull City had the worst window out of every Premier League club, they hardly invested at all and you wonder why? The team is very small but what they have are players that are willing to fight for every second in the game, Curtis Davies will need to keep the defence strong if they are to keep clean sheets and Snodgrass will play a massive role in midfield for the Yorkshire club, they do lack a top striker however if Abel Hernández can get himself onto a good start who knows, the January window could define where this club ends at the end of the season, I predict they will just scrape survival!
  • Ashy
    9559 posts League Winner
    http://www.strawpoll.me/11250886
    Which forum mini-game would you guys prefer the poll is above!

Option 1: You predict the whole Premier League table plus major cup winners
    Option 2: You sponsor an Arsenal player that will pick up points throughout the season
    Option 3: You create a Premier League 5-a-side team that will pick up points throughout the season, there will be no changes to the team it will last the whole season.
  • Cody22775
    Option three seems quite interesting
  • Ashy
    9559 posts League Winner
    Cody22775 wrote: »
    Option three seems quite interesting
    Yeah it is something different, I've done an 11-a-side fantasy before but doing a 5-a-side makes it easier and more interesting with limited choices imo, will see if it gets many votes
  • Cody22775
    I voted 2 but now I want 3 and can't change... Oh well let's hope others vote for it
  • Greenman019
    Option 2 all the way
  • Cody22775
    I'd be happy with 2 or three anyway
  • theroyalschamp
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have voted for option 2 to be honest.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    So far every vote has gone to option 2. I wonder which option's going to win :D
  • Ashy
    9559 posts League Winner
    edited September 2016
    Yeah it looks like it's going to be player sponsoring since it is 6-0-0 up :D On that note you can begin picking a player you want to sponsor from now.

Points will be calculated using the Premier League Fantasy Football format below
    • For playing up to 60 minutes (1 point)
    • For playing 60 minutes or more (2 points)
    • For each goal scored by a goalkeeper or defender (6 points)
    • For each goal scored by a midfielder (5 points)
    • For each goal scored by a forward (4 points)
    • For each goal assist (3 points)
    • For a clean sheet by a goalkeeper or defender (4 points)
    • For a clean sheet by a midfielder (1 point)
    • For every 5 shot saves by a goalkeeper (1 point)
    • For each penalty save (5 points)
    • For each penalty miss (-2 points)
    • Bonus points for the best players in a match (1-3 points)
    • For every 2 goals conceded by a goalkeeper or defender (-1 point)
    • For each yellow card (-1 point)
    • For each red card (-3 points)
    • For each own goal (-2 points)

As for an idea of how I will probably line up my team it will look something like this at the start:
    This could quite easily change depending how players perform
    Cech
    Bellerin - Mustafi - Koscielny - Monreal
    Ramsey - Xhaka
    Walcott - Ozil - Sanchez
    Giroud

Bench: Ospina, Gibbs, Mertesacker, Coquelin, Cazorla, Iwobi, Perez

IAmLikingFlame - Alexis Sanchez
    ale85bg - Aaron Ramsey
    Greenman019 - Theo Walcott
    Tekkonkinkreet - Petr Cech
    Post edited by Ashy on
  • IAmLikingFlame
    I'll choose Sanchez
  • ale85bg
    I know this will lead to me losing the sponsoring game badly, but... Aaron Ramsey.
  • Greenman019
    Walcott.
  • Tekkonkinkreet
    446 posts Sunday League Hero
    Cech for me