Sunderland A.F.C. || The Road To Redemption || Automatic Promotion!

Comments

• Wyojasond
    11328 posts Has That Special Something
    Damn! Given your team and there's though, the result can't be too unexpected. Great run for this young team.
  • Chris
    5386 posts Big Money Move
    At least you made them work for it. Did well to hold them off for so long really.
    Thanks man, I thought we played well, we couldn't break them down enough to really pressure De Gea
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    While the loss is certainly disappointing, the big picture is that Sunderland did well in the match and is poised for the future. They can focus on winning league 2 and earning promotion. :)
    Thanks man, it's nice to be able to focus on the league now
    BistroXII wrote: »
    Good effort against United now you just have to kick on in the league.

Thanks man
  • Chris
    Ashy wrote: »
    That's a pretty good performance to take Man Utd all the way to that time for them to score, you shouldn't be ashamed of that, if only you held on a bit though who knows what would have happened in extra time! Onwards and upwards
    Thanks man
    ale85bg wrote: »
    You should be proud of the boys: losing 1-0 to Manchester United, conceding so late in the match... They surely deserve some praise. :)
    Yeah it definitely a hell of a resilient performance by the lads
    Damn! Given your team and there's though, the result can't be too unexpected. Great run for this young team.
    Thanks man
  • Chris
    KQf9KVR.png

Young Striker Josh Maja Snatches Late Win For Sunderland In Rare Start

Qz7HgnR.png

Sunderland Hold Onto Valuable Draw In Tough Away Fixture Against Notts County

lY6pxRx.png

Sunderland Rue Missed Chances As They Only Manage One Point In Home Fixutre

7o4hmDR.png

KZDQfYK.png
    @Wyojasond - 97
    @JamieC - 94
    @Ashy - 84
    @ale85bg - 69
    @Greenman019 - 64
    @Chris - 59
    @Virtual_K - 57
    @samlemahoney - 51
    @BistroXII - 32
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    Great last minute clincher against Leyton Orient to help close the gap. Road draw with Notts County not too bad but looks like Sunderland struggled a little at home against Mansfield; at least they got a point. Wonder how Leyton Orient did in their matches? One of these days I will win a fantasy point game, it just won't be today. :D
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Yes! Wonderful late win against Leyton Orient... Shame you only got two draws after it, hope they didn't win their matches either.
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2016
    Nice last minute victory against Leyton there for the 3 points. Important top of the table clash.

Coming back from a goal down to draw in the other two is alright. Sure, only a point, but keeps the points total going. Hopefully you're still very close to Leyton table wise.
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nice win with the young striker getting a goal, hope he's as good as Kownacki. Two draws but still flying high on the table and on track. Unless Wycombe had a few wins and is now in second?
  • Wyojasond
    Alright! Top of the fantasy B) nice to see a few other young players stepping up and providing.
  • Chris
    Great last minute clincher against Leyton Orient to help close the gap. Road draw with Notts County not too bad but looks like Sunderland struggled a little at home against Mansfield; at least they got a point. Wonder how Leyton Orient did in their matches? One of these days I will win a fantasy point game, it just won't be today. :D
    Thanks man, you'll turn it around in the fantasy league, I have faith haha
    Yes! Wonderful late win against Leyton Orient... Shame you only got two draws after it, hope they didn't win their matches either.
    Thanks man, I don't think I've ever celebrated as much as when the goal vs Orient went it haha

• Chris
    Nice last minute victory against Leyton there for the 3 points. Important top of the table clash.

Coming back from a goal down to draw in the other two is alright. Sure, only a point, but keeps the points total going. Hopefully you're still very close to Leyton table wise.
    Thanks man, that game was tense
    Nice win with the young striker getting a goal, hope he's as good as Kownacki. Two draws but still flying high on the table and on track. Unless Wycombe had a few wins and is now in second?
    He's certainly giving Kownacki a run for his money right about now
    Alright! Top of the fantasy B) nice to see a few other young players stepping up and providing.

Yeah you're doing well in the fantasy, killing it
  • Chris
    7u5zuIb.png
  • Chris
    So the Manchester United game isn't included on the results due to lack of space
  • Ashy
    9595 posts League Winner
    The games are so tight recently, very close indeed. Still you remain unbeaten this month if you don't include the Man Utd cup game and 2 points clear, let's see you do well in March!
  • Greenman019
    2 Points from Leyton and 5 from the play-offs. Should wrap up promotion soon if you can keep the form going.

I think promotion at any cost is more important than the title. Would take quite a bad run in order to drop down out of the automatic promotion spots so should be ok.
  • ale85bg
    What he said. Promotion first, then if you can I'd say go the extra mile and try winning the league as it would be quite an achievement for the guys.
    Apparently also Leyton Orient braked a little this month, and surely losing against you played an important role in their performance dropping... Keep it up! :)
  • Dean
    840 posts Semi-Pro
    Scott Vernon has scored in three different matches against you this season. I had numerous questions questions, until I came to this, burst out laughing and lost my train of thought...
    Chris wrote: »
    FXaTrwz.png

Anyway, good to see you've finally hit the summit, hopefully you can push on and build a lead.
  • Chris
    Ashy wrote: »
    The games are so tight recently, very close indeed. Still you remain unbeaten this month if you don't include the Man Utd cup game and 2 points clear, let's see you do well in March!
    Thanks man, it was a pretty solid run of games
    2 Points from Leyton and 5 from the play-offs. Should wrap up promotion soon if you can keep the form going.

I think promotion at any cost is more important than the title. Would take quite a bad run in order to drop down out of the automatic promotion spots so should be ok.
    Yeah exactly, while I want to win the League, the division 2 title isn't exactly very important in the long term recovery, so yeah, promotion is the most vital component now
  • Chris
    What he said. Promotion first, then if you can I'd say go the extra mile and try winning the league as it would be quite an achievement for the guys.
    Apparently also Leyton Orient braked a little this month, and surely losing against you played an important role in their performance dropping... Keep it up! :)
    Promotion first, I think even that would be a massive achievement for the young lads

Yeah, I think that loss really threw Orient off a little bit, and its worked well for us
    Dean wrote: »
    Scott Vernon has scored in three different matches against you this season. I had numerous questions questions, until I came to this, burst out laughing and lost my train of thought...
    Chris wrote: »
    FXaTrwz.png

Anyway, good to see you've finally hit the summit, hopefully you can push on and build a lead.

Scott Vernon has terrified my defences, not going to lie
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    The win over Leyton Orient is looking even better with how close the teams are on the table. Have to turn some of these draws into wins just to be safe. Enough matches left where fortunes can swing.
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    On top of the table, well played. Looks like a good squad you've got going there and interesting to see if you can keep it going. Would be a great achievement :)
  • Chris
    The win over Leyton Orient is looking even better with how close the teams are on the table. Have to turn some of these draws into wins just to be safe. Enough matches left where fortunes can swing.
    On top of the table, well played. Looks like a good squad you've got going there and interesting to see if you can keep it going. Would be a great achievement :)

Thanks guys, we need to keep the undefeated league run going, and start turning a single point into three
  • Chris
    NphUY6z.png

Sunderland Leave It Late Against Yeovil To Avoid Home Blushes

PU7SWEN.png

Sunderland Cruise Past Hapless Portsmouth In Convincing Win With Josh Maja Impressing Again

7iPt3KU.png

Resilient Defensive Performance From Sunderland Guarantees All Three Points In Tense Affair

nkcThhh.png

51yD8Kx.png

@Wyojasond - 149
    @JamieC - 129
    @ale85bg - 121
    @Greenman019 - 115
    @Ashy - 109
    @Chris - 101
    @Virtual_K - 99
    @BistroXII - 89
    @samlemahoney - 63

• Ashy
    9595 posts League Winner
    Oh man I'm falling down the ranks of the fantasy three but you are getting the results really good, what's that 9 games remaining, coming to the closing stages now!
  • ale85bg
    Great beginning of the month there... Hopefully Orient won't keep up with this pace. :)
  • Chris
    I don't know why the shape behind the Pompey logo is blue, but whatever haha
  • Greenman019
    Think it looks quite nice tbh, unintentional or not ^^

Great way to start the month, especially now approaching the tail end of the season. 3 very convincing wins, even if it was a late push against Yeovil.
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    Some good results to start the month with a couple of shutouts, nice. :)
  • Wyojasond
    It's about damn time I win a fantasy thing. Lol. Great 3 game winning streak there to get the last part of the season. Onward to promotion hopefully.
  • Chris
    edited October 2016
    7R8awwi.png

Late Show From Sunderland's Dawid Kownacki Grabs All Three Points For Sunderland

Gxb6eCw.png

Shocking Capitulation From Wearside Infront Of Their Own Fans Proves Costly

TCnlQZj.png

Sunderland Bounce Back From Loss With Defensively Impressive Performance

Ze662mu.png

MeeG6WZ.png

@Wyojasond - 163
    @JamieC - 158
    @Ashy - 157
    @ale85bg - 149
    @Chris - 148
    @Virtual_K - 144