Sunderland A.F.C. || The Road To Redemption || Automatic Promotion!

Comments

• Wyojasond
    11988 posts Has That Special Something
    I see we share the same taste in managers. Lol. Up to second now, and looking good.
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    I see we share the same taste in managers. Lol. Up to second now, and looking good.
    I was going to throw out a Whitehead/Caine conspiracy but you beat me to it. LOL!
    What's not funny are those injuries to Quinn and Gooch, but I guess the bookies aren't that concerned about it.
  • Tekkonkinkreet
    446 posts Sunday League Hero
    Please say that monthly review took 4 hours to set up on PP :(
  • Chris
    5401 posts Big Money Move
    Haha yeah, thanks man
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    I was going to throw out a Whitehead/Caine conspiracy but you beat me to it. LOL!
    What's not funny are those injuries to Quinn and Gooch, but I guess the bookies aren't that concerned about it.
    Yeah they're tough but we'll cope
    Please say that monthly review took 4 hours to set up on PP :(

Like 20 minutes to create the original and 5 minutes to edit it each month?
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2016
    About that manager choice. .
    lsXgLeQ.png
  • milan_7
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lol'd at the blue tie part, so weird that it doesn't just change colour depending on which club. FIFA is so needlessly restrictive at times.
  • Chris
    About that manager choice. .
    lsXgLeQ.png
    Woah, how'd you get the black tie??
    milan_7 wrote: »
    Lol'd at the blue tie part, so weird that it doesn't just change colour depending on which club. FIFA is so needlessly restrictive at times.
    Haha the story was just a tid bit, I wished they changed the color depending on team, surely wouldn't be hard
  • Chris
    Solid Sunderland Progress To Third Round Of The FA Cup

5EcbbcA.png

The Black Cats Recover Well After Early Scare And Continue To Run Riot In League 2

izdaY1y.png

Duncan Watmore Continues In Fine Form As He Bags Winner In Stale Game

V1xseCN.png
  • Greenman019
    Fine form continues, nice to see you progress in the FA Cup as well. Almost at the halfway stage now, looking good.

And I don't know/remember choosing anything but the face for my manager. Actually did think it was club specific o_O
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Form goes on... Keep it up man!
  • Ashy
    9896 posts League Winner
    Going to be a right battle at the top of the table, and you are in fine form as of late cannot say any negative right now :)
  • Chris
    Fine form continues, nice to see you progress in the FA Cup as well. Almost at the halfway stage now, looking good.

And I don't know/remember choosing anything but the face for my manager. Actually did think it was club specific o_O
    Thanks

Shame, they should make it more customizable
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Form goes on... Keep it up man!
    Cheers boss
    Ashy wrote: »
    Going to be a right battle at the top of the table, and you are in fine form as of late cannot say any negative right now :)
    Thanks haha

• Wyojasond
    Amazing form right now. Getting goals from all over the place
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    Good run of form continues; Sunderland looks to have a well-rounded attack.
  • Chris
    Amazing form right now. Getting goals from all over the place
    Good run of form continues; Sunderland looks to have a well-rounded attack.

Thanks guys, we're doing really well now
  • theodom101
    484 posts Sunday League Hero
    Really starting to click into gear in terms of results.
  • milan_7
    Great run of results there, into the Premier League stages of the FA Cup. Good draw is vital! Imagine if you got Newcastle...
  • Chris
    theodom101 wrote: »
    Really starting to click into gear in terms of results.
    milan_7 wrote: »
    Great run of results there, into the Premier League stages of the FA Cup. Good draw is vital! Imagine if you got Newcastle...

Thanks guys
  • Chris
    Sunderland Throw Away 2-0 Lead Following Sloppy Defensive Performance

2EnkJNb.png

Sunderland Turn On The Style As They Cruise Past Struggling Grimsby

OKSahAq.png

Sunderland Doomed To Lose After Early Donald Love Red Card

jaHfSCx.png
  • ale85bg
    Wow, that's not what I would've liked to see (apart from the demolition of Grimsby that, in all honesty, was somehow to be expected) but it's not the end of the world (still).

A defeat against Plymouth can happen, as they're up there fighting for promotion too. Surely conceding a penalty and being shown a red card so early in the match influenced the outcome.

What I'm a little more worried about is the first match against Morecambe: throwing away a 2-0 lead against a mid-table team is surely the symptom of something going wrong: hopefully you could find it out and fix it.
  • Ashy
    9896 posts League Winner
    That early red card looked costly, ruined the game really but that Grimsby result! Nice to see you steam role teams
  • Greenman019
    Very average results with 1 of each (Although great score against Grimsby of course) That early RC really did kill you in that game :[
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    Expected more against Morecambe, but great win against Grimsby, bet they thought they were off to a good start. :D Loss against Plymouth Argyle? Go down a man early in the match; what can you do.
  • Chris
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Wow, that's not what I would've liked to see (apart from the demolition of Grimsby that, in all honesty, was somehow to be expected) but it's not the end of the world (still).

A defeat against Plymouth can happen, as they're up there fighting for promotion too. Surely conceding a penalty and being shown a red card so early in the match influenced the outcome.

What I'm a little more worried about is the first match against Morecambe: throwing away a 2-0 lead against a mid-table team is surely the symptom of something going wrong: hopefully you could find it out and fix it.
    Yeah, the red card and penalty versus Plymouth really cost us the game but it was just a silly mistake so despite the result, the performance doesn't bother me. But yeah, the Morecambe game is the real worrying, the players couldn't keep up with the December congestions but hopefully they can learn from it
    Ashy wrote: »
    That early red card looked costly, ruined the game really but that Grimsby result! Nice to see you steam role teams

Thanks man
  • Chris
    Very average results with 1 of each (Although great score against Grimsby of course) That early RC really did kill you in that game :[
    Expected more against Morecambe, but great win against Grimsby, bet they thought they were off to a good start. :D Loss against Plymouth Argyle? Go down a man early in the match; what can you do.

Yeah getting a send off killed the game, but not too worried about it, we'll learn from it
  • Chris
    ZqT8Qym.png
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nice round up 'Walking in a Winter Sunderland' like it. Flying high in second place - well done :)
  • ale85bg
    Nice idea to retire the #12 shirt! :)
    Despite a month that's surely not one of the best, you're still there. Keep it up, that gap can be closed!
  • milan_7
    'Walking in a winter Sunderland' is pun genius.
  • Wyojasond
    GREAT monthly update! Team still seems to be trying to find a consistent form but sitting in second :)