Your first team....

Baznotsobad76
5063 posts Big Money Move
Are you going to dive straight in and buy a cheap gold team to get you started off, or are you going to use your free non-tradeable bronze players while you accumulate some coins to get a better team?

Comments

• Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Considering the web app is up before I start playing I see no point in playing with my starter team. I'll rack up as much coins as I can from free packs and a bit of trading and when the game is out I'll have a couple of cheap gold teams to get me started
  • Two players that are definitely going to be in my starter squad are Choupo Moting and Weiser. :blush:

• Baznotsobad76
    I missed the whole early Web app thing at the start of 16... Was without a phone and waa so annoyed about already being a week behind a lot of people..

Not sure who the first player I'm gonna go after will be yet... Probably a striker... Gonna adopt the build from the front approach...
  • dbslbu
    1824 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think mine will be Wissam Ben Yedder.
  • dbslbu
    1824 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just seen the Lyon team. My first buys aside from WBY will be Tolisso, Fekir (now a RW - perfect) and Lacazette!
  • Baznotsobad76
    Renato Sanches looks a good card!
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Couple of non rare teams probably, usually do BPL and bundesliga to start.
  • S32T
    133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Online - Cheap Gold Süper Lig or Russian Premier League team
    Offline - Non-Tradeable cards until they're out of contracts to get some extra coins in
  • Bob_Dylan
    20499 posts Club Captain
    Non rare gold
  • Antti
    588 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Finland and HJK Helsinki
  • BlitzersNL
    25004 posts Player of the Year
    Eredivisie and Aduriz+Raul Garcia
  • Gers2004
    1103 posts Professional
    Glasgow Rangers :#

Player I'm really looking forward to is dybala. Great upgrade and deserved
  • Sellish
    10044 posts Has That Special Something
    I always create a fun and cheap skillsquad in the Web app before release and then buy a totally new squad after splashing 100euros on packs after release.
  • Rippa
    1752 posts Play-Off Hero
    Are you going to dive straight in and buy a cheap gold team to get you started off, or are you going to use your free non-tradeable bronze players while you accumulate some coins to get a better team?

Buying 50$ of FP. Whatever is in those packs is what I'll field. I bet it'll be a bpl team
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    I will buy a few packs, sell all the rare players, build a couple of non-rare teams and then hoard all my coins for a few months until player prices have dropped considerably.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Orikoru wrote: »
    I will buy a few packs, sell all the rare players, build a couple of non-rare teams and then hoard all my coins for a few months until player prices have dropped considerably.

Yep pretty much this.
  • Dasco
    6529 posts Big Money Move
    I'll buy a few packs, invest in someone that'll likely have massive demand in a BPL sweat team & then stick all my coins into one elite player.

I'll also use my bronzes + catalogue coins in the meantime to play the CPU for easy coins
  • Gers2004
    1103 posts Professional
    I'll also use my bronzes + catalogue coins in the meantime to play the CPU for easy coins[/quote]

This. People don't realise how much coins you can achieve from this and it's letting you learn the new gameplay aswell

• iyad69100
    1687 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lyon 100% team as usual :)
  • Dasco
    6529 posts Big Money Move
    Gers2004 wrote: »
    I'll also use my bronzes + catalogue coins in the meantime to play the CPU for easy coins

This. People don't realise how much coins you can achieve from this and it's letting you learn the new gameplay aswell

[/quote]

I sort of need to do it as it'll be the first year I'll be learning default buttons instead of custom buttons I've used since Fifa 04. :lol:

Definitely something that casual players should be taking advantage of if the bronzes have 45 contracts again.

• Acker
    1180 posts Moderator
    Using the starter pack to get easy coins with unlocks is great way to start

First team will be a mixture of investments and cheap BPL players
  • Gstitt10
    1055 posts Professional
    I go on holiday few days before fifa is released, by the time I get home and get sorted hopefully the market will have slightly calmed down and people will know of cheap gems to try. Don't intend on buying any packs
  • swfcfan89
    1147 posts Professional
    Starter pack players with coin boosts no doubt.
  • Dylan98SWFC
    1314 posts Professional
    I'll probably grind out single player with boosts using a Sheffield Wednesday team, I'll have investments in my club from the web app but I probably wont play with them.
  • MiIan
    12611 posts Has That Special Something
    I will most likely start with a non-rare gold Bundesliga squad to start off with. The BuLi non-rare's that I have seen so far look very good. If I manage to pack someone who is worth some good amount of coins, I will upgrade to a few rare's like Renato Sanches.
  • MiIan
    12611 posts Has That Special Something
    Like @Rumplefish says, there is no point in using your starter squad since the web app will be out a week before the full game gets released. The players that you will pack in your loyalty packs will be enough to build a decent non-rare gold squad to start off with.
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    KingDutch wrote: »
    Like Rumplefish says, there is no point in using your starter squad since the web app will be out a week before the full game gets released. The players that you will pack in your loyalty packs will be enough to build a decent non-rare gold squad to start off with.

Yeah, also starter pack players are absolutely abysmal. Why would you even consider trying to use them? :lol:
  • Alan94
    674 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited September 2016
    I'll do what I do every year: start trading EPL players as soon as the Web App is functional till I have a cheap gold team waiting for me when the disc arrives at my doorstep.
  • Mini_Miudo
    9987 posts Has That Special Something
    If Zarate is still decent, I'll start with a team around him, as always. :)
  • lhenners
    44 posts Park Captain
    Depending on how big a jump Origi has got, I will probably go for a cheap BPL/La Liga hybrid around Origi and Carrasco. Carrasco was probably my favourite starter player last year.

Always get a Serie A team as a back up to so will see what players are in there that are relatively cheap to make a good squad.