SPFL/Scottish Lounge

Comments

• RfCxAmy
    5253 posts Big Money Move
    Willie Collum saving Thistles rear ends there, free kick for that in the box if anything it's handball at a stage or obstruction!
    That's our referees for you.
  • SC1967
    10739 posts Has That Special Something
    RfCxAmy wrote: »
    SC1967 wrote: »
    Red for Thistle.

Couldn't make it up.

Absolute howler of a challenge. Deserved red! Should've had another as well.

Not saying it wasn't, haven't seen it. Just thought "typical".

100% Rangers will win now.

You can't sit there and say aw look another red card in favour of Rangers when it's as clear as day.

Again, I didn't say it wasn't deserved.
  • Sykesy
    4457 posts National Call-Up
    Failing to beat Patrick let alone ten men, Pressure back on Pedro
  • chaz
    1905 posts Play-Off Hero
    great game to watch, I'm pleased thistle managed to hold on for a point, they deserved it
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    5696 posts Big Money Move
    Rangers the only team that let me down as well on my bet :joy:
  • SC1967
    Sykesy wrote: »
    Failing to beat Patrick let alone ten men, Pressure back on Pedro

Poor result. Thistle have been pish so far this season.
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    Willie Collum saving Thistles rear ends there, free kick for that in the box if anything it's handball at a stage or obstruction!

It's probably one of the worst decisions I've seen in a long time. They even manage to trip up Morelos well there at it as well. If I was a Rangers fan I would be a little bit annoyed nothing was given for that, McCoist was fuming on the TV!
  • SC1967

It's probably one of the worst decisions I've seen in a long time. They even manage to trip up Morelos well there at it as well. If I was a Rangers fan I would be a little bit annoyed nothing was given for that, McCoist was fuming on the TV!

Well from what I've read Morelos kicked out twice and didn't get punished, and Rangers' second goal came from a throw in that should have been given to Thistle...
  • Andy87
    3566 posts National Call-Up
    Terrible performance from us you could see that was coming a mile off. We didn't deserve to win because there were numerous times tonight that we chose the wrong final pass, held on to the ball too long and were just generally ****.

These are the kind of games Celtic and Aberdeen win and we can't afford to drop points in these games.
  • xGeorgeSmithx

Well from what I've read Morelos kicked out twice and didn't get punished, and Rangers' second goal came from a throw in that should have been given to Thistle...

He did kick out at a player but that shouldn't influence a decision at the end. If that was Celtic you wouldn't have been happy with the "foul" going the other way
  • SC1967

He did kick out at a player but that shouldn't influence a decision at the end. If that was Celtic you wouldn't have been happy with the "foul" going the other way

I'm not saying it should. Just that, as people say, "these things even themselves out".
  • xGeorgeSmithx

I'm not saying it should. Just that, as people say, "these things even themselves out".

That's true but even before they trip him up it's handball and obstruction.
  • RfCxAmy
    5253 posts Big Money Move

Getting used to these kind of decisions. Had a **** poor decision in pretty much every game this season. The level of refereeing is just appalling.
  • chaz
    1905 posts Play-Off Hero
    think people are being a bit harsh on partick thistle, aberdeen needed a late goal to beat them and celtic got very lucky with a narrow win, other games have been v hibs and st johnstone too. still a poor result for sevco though
  • xGeorgeSmithx

Getting used to these kind of decisions. Had a **** poor decision in pretty much every game this season. The level of refereeing is just appalling.

It's beyond me how Scottish refs get European games!
  • Bhoy
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero

He'll not be banned if Brown got away with the Hamilton one last week.
  • Overandover
    3173 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2017

He missed the one with Morelos too so, with all due respect, you can hardly complain.
  • SC1967
    Bhoy wrote: »

Yet to see Morelos'.

The thing with Brown's is it's hard to definitely say he meant to do it. Mind you I think he did.
  • zl Gshock
    2444 posts Fans' Favourite
    Don't think Jack's was a stamp so I'll disagree with Sutton there. Rangers will have a few problems this season, Pena the marquee signing looks terrible and Kranjcar ain't really fit enough.
  • MarioMonk
    1808 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bhoy wrote: »

Yet to see Morelos'.

The thing with Brown's is it's hard to definitely say he meant to do it. Mind you I think he did.

Was handbags. But by the letter of the law , should have probably went.
  • Sykesy
    4457 posts National Call-Up
    Windass having a shocker :joy:
  • Overandover
    zl Gshock wrote: »
    Don't think Jack's was a stamp so I'll disagree with Sutton there. Rangers will have a few problems this season, Pena the marquee signing looks terrible and Kranjcar ain't really fit enough.

The latter hasn't been fit since he signed, he's done. Pena needs to put work in on his game, is actually a good player but, by accounts, seems more interested in drink than training.
  • zl Gshock
    2444 posts Fans' Favourite

The latter hasn't been fit since he signed, he's done. Pena needs to put work in on his game, is actually a good player but, by accounts, seems more interested in drink than training.
    Pretty much but thought he would've sharpened up his fitness after the injuries, had ages out.

Can imagine how training goes down at Rangers.
    "Peña you need to have more shots"
    *Pulls out bottle of Jager*
  • Overandover

Pretty much but thought he would've sharpened up his fitness after the injuries, had ages out.

Can imagine how training goes down at Rangers.
    "Peña you need to have more shots"
    *Pulls out bottle of Jager*

Said about Kranjcar when he signed that he was past it, hasn't done anything since then to make me think otherwise.

Reminds me of THAT guy at 5s who doesn't run but stays in one spot and just looks to pass the ball every time he receives it. Good player in his day but that day was long ago.
  • Andy87
    edited September 2017
    Just saw a stat saying we have had 11 shots at goal against us this season and 8 have been goals! That is simply not good enough and as much as I've stuck up for our players the defence and keeper have to take the blame for that and get their act together ASAP.
  • SC1967
    Andy87 wrote: »
    Just saw a stat saying we have had 11 shots at goal against us this season and 8 have been goals! That is simply not good enough and as much as I've stuck up for our players the defence and keeper have to take the blame for that and get their act together ASAP.

Also read that Caixinha has been the manager for 20 matches and has yet to win 3 games on the bounce.

That's bloody awful.
  • Overandover
    edited September 2017

Having seen you a few times this season don't think the defence is much improved, quite frankly. You're still very suspect at both full back positions, don't think Alves has anything left in the tank and Cardoso simply isn't aggressive enough. Don't think you're much improved in that area, this season, at all.

Only saw the first half of the PSG game but for Rob McLean to continually refer to Dani Alves as Bruno Alves, as he did for the entire first half, is, for an alleged media professional, embarrassing.

Bin McLean for future matches as he's awful and get someone else in decent to replacing the outgoing commentator who was good.

• Andy87

Having seen you a few times this season don't think the defence is much improved, quite frankly. You're still very suspect at both full back positions, don't think Alves has anything left in the tank and Cardoso simply isn't aggressive enough. Don't think you're much improved in that area, this season, at all.

Only saw the first half of the PSG game but for Rob McLean to continually refer to Dani Alves as Bruno Alves, as he did for the entire first half, is, for an alleged media professional, embarrassing.

Bin McLean for future matches as he's awful and get someone else in decent to replacing the outgoing commentator who was good.

Have to agree with you there.
  • SC1967

Rory Hamilton was Rae's replacement at BT but I haven't heard him doing commentary in weeks.
  • Bhoy
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero

Rory Hamilton was Rae's replacement at BT but I haven't heard him doing commentary in weeks.
    Think that was him tonight.
This discussion has been closed.