• PintOfMagennis
    4452 posts National Call-Up
    Ooooft, correct call
  • RfCxAmy
    5252 posts Big Money Move
    Brilliant from Sinclair there.
  • MichaelEJD
    1271 posts Professional
    That was the chance, can't go with a short runup.
  • fergoosee
    12274 posts Has That Special Something
    hate when players hesitate when they take pens. always miss doing that
  • fergoosee
    messi is unreal
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17237 posts World Class
    Brutal.
  • MichaelEJD
    1271 posts Professional
    That's just ridiculous.
  • Bhoy
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero
    When you're getting absolutely roasted at the camp Nou and a penalty comes your way you really need to put it away.
  • Overandover
    3173 posts National Call-Up
    Anyone who laughs is just looking for an excuse to have a go tonight.

It's gone exactly as I expected, with the exception of getting the penalty. Can't miss those.

We've been ok with the ball but without it they're too good and are tearing us apart. To be at least half of their level is where we should be aiming at.

Hope it doesn't end up 6 or more but just don't see where we go from here in this game.
  • Keith
    2385 posts Moderator
    I don't get why De Vries is preferred to Gordon. Gordon is the better goalkeeper.
  • SF9
    8371 posts League Winner
    Not been impressed with De Vries so far in his Celtic career. Should've saved that
  • Overandover
    Keith wrote: »
    I don't get why De Vries is preferred to Gordon. Gordon is the better goalkeeper.

Very arguable, he's been nothing short of atrocious lately. Don't think he'd have saved that either FWIW.
  • MichaelEJD
    1271 posts Professional
    Iniesta take a bow.
  • TheGreenMachine
    1716 posts Play-Off Hero
    **** off
  • RfCxAmy
    Anyone had a play of the Fifa 17 demo? My first impressions are very good although they will most likely change bits that will make it feel awful when it's released. Played a bit of The Journey and it was brilliant. I like how the Chelsea fans start singing "who are ya" when you are warming up haha.
  • fergoosee
    barca are just on another level. incredible team
  • Lisbon67
    1533 posts Play-Off Hero
    This must be what its like for every single scottish team playing us then eh?
  • Bhoy
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero
    We're not bad it's just Barca are so amazing. We'll not play a harder game all season. Take this one on the chin and move on.
  • PintOfMagennis
    4452 posts National Call-Up
    Lisbon67 wrote: »
    This must be what its like for every single scottish team playing us then eh?

Yeah except your about 5 times worse than this barca and were about 20 times worse than Celtic
  • Hibee
    12027 posts Has That Special Something
    RfCxAmy wrote: »
    Anyone had a play of the Fifa 17 demo? My first impressions are very good although they will most likely change bits that will make it feel awful when it's released. Played a bit of The Journey and it was brilliant. I like how the Chelsea fans start singing "who are ya" when you are warming up haha.

Iv been playing it instead of watching the Celtic mauling. I'm not convinced it's much better to be honest. Playing it on professional and I'm finding goals a lot harder to come by than normal. Sure I will get used to it though.
  • MichaelEJD
    1271 posts Professional
    Painful one. Need to just get this out of our heads, and get De Vries out of the team. For everything right Rodgers has done I don't at all agree with dropping Gordon in favour of an inferior keeper just for apparent footballing ability that he's shown none of.
  • TheGreenMachine
    1716 posts Play-Off Hero
    This is embarrassing.I don't care if it's barca,the players look like they don't give a **** about losing.De vries is woeful too.
  • Hibee
    Holy ****. 7-0?? Thought only Hibs lost 7-0 in Europe lol. Shows the gulf though.
  • RfCxAmy
    edited September 2016
    Hibee wrote: »

Iv been playing it instead of watching the Celtic mauling. I'm not convinced it's much better to be honest. Playing it on professional and I'm finding goals a lot harder to come by than normal. Sure I will get used to it though.

There is only so much EA can do to the gameplay but I feel the passing is a lot better and control of the ball. I tend to start on professional then move to world class. Depending on how I'm playing, I'll move to legendary but it's a right pain in the * a lot of the time.
  • RfCxAmy
    Holy ****. 7-0?? Thought only Hibs lost 7-0 in Europe lol. Shows the gulf though.

Even the Barca B team could probably still win the Scottish Premiership.
  • Bhoy
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ach well I'll live. Knew we'd get pumped.
  • fergoosee
    thought brendans incredible tactics would have stopped a huge defeat like this. expected more of a 3-0 or 4-0
  • Overandover
    fergoosee wrote: »
    thought brendans incredible tactics would have stopped a huge defeat like this. expected more of a 3-0 or 4-0

Keep on trolling

• Hibee

Even the Barca B team could probably still win the Scottish Premiership.

The Barca E team could be completely out there faces and still destroy us all though lol.

Ironic that the only 2 Scottish teams to knock Barca out of Europe are in the championship! (Hibs and Dun Utd of course)
This discussion has been closed.