The Scouting, Youths and Regens Thread

Comments

• SACanuckinOz
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hi SciManG,

Yes, in fact it was an overall higher rating they needed. I made it easier for myself by signing some free agents just before getting the required players. Geez, I have to say they have made the young players very obnoxious in this game! Every single one wants to be "significant 1st team player", etc. to be signed. At the age of 17-19! Very unrealistic if you ask me, when you have a significantly higher rated striker in an established side (like Ajax). And their wage demands seems ludicrous too. One player (Marcus Rashford I think) wanted to be paid more than my 91 OVR rated star player.

Thanks btw. Now just have to try and achieve the 10+ growth, which again is a pain, as it means neglecting better players to improve silly little boys. Oh well
  • When I get that objective, one of ht players I work on is always a goal keeper. For 1 slot of training every week I think I achieved this before the Christmas transfer window was open, My objective didn't update this season (I only had to get one player up 10 points and play them in 20 games) by the time it did update I realised I had already grown the keeper from 62 to 78.
    If you are really struggling with multiple players and you want to meet the objective, you can sign a player with high potential (just grab the ones with 94 max) and a low overall. They grow fairly quick from 50 to 60 if you pick the key stats for their position.

I find some of the objectives pretty hard sometimes, although I have been scouting solely youth so I blow quiet a bit of money to begin with and have crappy players. That being said when they want you to make big profit with small clubs, whilst over achieving in the league, keeping wages down and developing youth it can be quiet hard. I suppose its no different to when rich people with no real knowledge of football buy a club and expect to be champions within a season or two because they always get their own way.
  • FiremanTOR
    70 posts Park Captain
    Oh I had no problems with the objectives, as I'm really hardcore in training, always reload monthly updates (1st of each month) until I get the most growth out of it .

I haven't played in a while now though and only went through 2 seasons yet.
  • Hi guys. Long time fan of Career mode, Football Manager/Championship Manager. I was told that these boards are actually read by EA so I'm going to post suggestions to improve the game. Hopefully it's more productive than ranting on unofficial sites.

My first suggestion is to have an option at the start of manager mode that let's you disable Global Transfer Network so that we can have access to the full database and do the "scouting" ourselves. That way you can choose whether you want to use GTN or search for players the old fashioned way. Sofifa etc. are only good for the first season, after that we're forced to use GTN which isn't every ones cup of tea.
  • Darinho_8
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Please, can you add young stars that play i UEFA EURO U17 in Croatia.
    Jadon Sancho, ABel Ruiz, AMine Gouiri, Brewster, are awesome players. We are waiting for these players. Of course I please for players which are 17 years old now.
  • 7_Slaven
    4 posts Ball Boy
    edited May 2017
    Scoot wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that when you scout a youth, they only use a small amount of names? Ive scouted in multiple countries and I always got the same names all the time.

In Holland it was always Visser, Smits, Vos to name a few and in England it is always Shaw, Smith, Martin etc. It's fine until you have scouted over 20 youth players and you start getting multiple of the same name.

I swear the name 'pool' was larger in previous fifas? Not really a huge issue or bother really, just something I noticed.

But for player regens this seems fine as they seem to use the full pool if names for their country.

Yes, I've definitely noticed this.

I mainly scout English players and there's only about 50 first and second names to select from, which becomes repetitive rather quickly especially when, like me, you like to build teams using youth players.

As mentioned, the regen players are still generated using the full database so not sure why EA felt the need to use a diluted version for the youth players when they haven't done so in previous versions.

Just another bug to add to the ever growing list in career mode.

• 7_Slaven wrote: »
    Scoot wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that when you scout a youth, they only use a small amount of names? Ive scouted in multiple countries and I always got the same names all the time.

In Holland it was always Visser, Smits, Vos to name a few and in England it is always Shaw, Smith, Martin etc. It's fine until you have scouted over 20 youth players and you start getting multiple of the same name.

I swear the name 'pool' was larger in previous fifas? Not really a huge issue or bother really, just something I noticed.

But for player regens this seems fine as they seem to use the full pool if names for their country.

Yes, I've definitely noticed this.

I mainly scout English players and there's only about 50 first and second names to select from, which becomes repetitive rather quickly especially when, like me, you like to build teams using youth players.

As mentioned, the regen players are still generated using the full database so not sure why EA felt the need to use a diluted version for the youth players when they haven't done so in previous versions.

Just another bug to add to the ever growing list in career mode.

I thought I was the only one having this issue.
    I scout a lot in the Netherlands, as a result I now have 4Brouwers' and 2Peters' in my squad hahaha.
    The regen names are decent though, the Robben regen is called "de Jong". Pretty common last name here but I haven't found a single de Jong or de Vries through scouting
  • PhantomATS
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park
    They need to fix these young players crying about playing time, than wanting to transfer if you don't play them. I loan as many out as I can, but you can't loan all of them. I recently added a guy rated 61 ovr and the FIRST game he is suggesting that he start when he signed as a "Future Starter" and my critical starter is rated 86 ovr.
  • Sorry if this has been advised earlier but....
    Is there a database that shows each teams total player value, not the wage budget but the total trade value of all players in the squad???
  • simlejh
    42 posts Park Captain
    A few players that came in handy for me:

Conor Chaplin
    Very fast and agile player. 64 rated, 18 years of age when it starts. Atleast 75 in 2-3 seasons with decent amount of play time. And 95 pace +. Goal machine.. Very cheap too

Andujar
    Picked up at free transfer. He had no contract. Surprisingly good. 72 rated when i signed him at 22 years old. 77 at 24 years old. Tall, strong, immense defensive midfielder. So solid! Could play for any top team really. Only let down is bad stamina but again. He is free so no complains. SO SOLID!

Mohamed Elyounoussi
    22 years old. Real hidden gem. 82 rated after 2 seasons (And only CPU been using him). Imagine what you could do with him. 5 star skills, 90 pace. Nuff said.. He stays at Basel FC at my career. Weird he hasnt been picked up at any top clubs yet
  • PhantomATS
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited August 2017
    I found a trick to see what a player's skill moves and weak foot ratings. They don't show up in the global transfer network or scouting. but If you go to Season -> Team Stats and choose the league and team that they player is on, you can push in the right analog stick and it will pop up his Player Bio which will let you see his Specialties, Traits as well as his Weak Foot and Skill Move ratings.