The Scouting, Youths and Regens Thread

Comments

• ACamp1900
    342 posts Sunday League Hero
    Scoot wrote: »
    ACamp1900 wrote: »
    I found 6'4" striker with 94 speed... It wasn't 78-99 speed, but while in youth academy it was SET on 94... I started training up his finishing with the plan of calling him up soon.... I was getting super hyped... then one month his speed feel to 88... still great but disappointing... then I sign him and his speed falls to 72...

From 94 to 72... what gives??

I've only had that when using the scout future star thingy - is this what you used? All the attributes were in the high 80's but signing into first team all dropped into 60's. Still not a bad youth but I know what you mean

Yes, I do believe it was with that feature from the catalouge.
  • Scoot
    267 posts Sunday League Hero
    I found 6'4" striker with 94 speed... It wasn't 78-99 speed, but while in youth academy it was SET on 94... I started training up his finishing with the plan of calling him up soon.... I was getting super hyped... then one month his speed feel to 88... still great but disappointing... then I sign him and his speed falls to 72...

I've only had that when using the scout future star thingy - is this what you used? All the attributes were in the high 80's but signing into first team all dropped into 60's. Still not a bad youth but I know what you mean

Yes, I do believe it was with that feature from the catalouge.

I'm guessing its a visual bug with that then or something. Damn.
  • ACamp1900
    Oh well,... I rarely use the future star thing but was blown away by that find... I was all excited to use him........... lol
  • I think when you train a scout future star it shows the potential rating for those stats. I had one as a CAM, trained him for an entire season (he was 15) and shirt passing, long passing etc. were showing as 94/95. Promoted him and they're in early 70s.
  • FiremanTOR
    70 posts Park Captain
    Welcome back then Scoot, you didn't miss much with 16, 17 is basically the same just slightly improved.

Highest I've had so far has been 63 for in-field players, 65 for goalkeepers.

Almost done with the first season then I can show my batch of reloaded players :P
  • Scoot
    FiremanTOR wrote: »
    Welcome back then Scoot, you didn't miss much with 16, 17 is basically the same just slightly improved.

Highest I've had so far has been 63 for in-field players, 65 for goalkeepers.

Almost done with the first season then I can show my batch of reloaded players :P

Thanks, and look forward to it! My highest is a RW who is 62 overall with no training.
  • FiremanTOR
    70 posts Park Captain
    Yeah, without training ofcourse. Straight from the scouting.

With training I already had youth players 15-years old at 65-68.
  • m7amad3m
    193 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The bug where players have different avatars to what they actually look like is still here sadly...
  • ACamp1900
    That drives me crazy....
  • Scoot
    m7amad3m wrote: »
    The bug where players have different avatars to what they actually look like is still here sadly...

Yeah I noticed this though I'm not that bothered as long as the player is good! But still how can a game that moves to a different engine have the same bugs..

What do people think about the youth scout costs? On one hand it is great they are much cheaper so I can get 5* scouts with lower league teams. But at the same time it a bit easy.. I don't know I'm in two minds.
  • m7amad3m
    193 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    m7amad3m wrote: »

Yeah I noticed this though I'm not that bothered as long as the player is good! But still how can a game that moves to a different engine have the same bugs..

What do people think about the youth scout costs? On one hand it is great they are much cheaper so I can get 5* scouts with lower league teams. But at the same time it a bit easy.. I don't know I'm in two minds.

We'll, it's more realistic imo.
  • Is there a list of retiring players of which year they expect to retire?
  • Goldenear007
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    One of the youth players i picked up at 16 is now 17, rated 61 but with a potential of 91-93. How is that possible or achievable ?

Too many of the high potential youth players have poor attributes and traits. Low attacking work rate is very common. The whole system is flawed.

I have an objective this season to play one of the promoted youth players in 50% of the games. This is completely unrealistic, even when spaced over 2 seasons because most of the youth players i scouted across Europe weren't good enough and it would require using most of the training slots on this youth player every week of the season.
  • FiremanTOR
    70 posts Park Captain
    They do grow substantially more (even if you don't play them) as compared to previous installments of FIFA. Most of my players that left academy at 61 were 72 two seasons later, when they were NOT trained.
  • ACamp1900 wrote: »

MAYBE (and that's a big **** maybe) the players have very high attributes in the youth squad and it does not relate to them as professional players. So in the youth squad they are like Messi but as soon as they sign with the 1st squad it drops because then they are more like Chelsea-Torres....The only thing that doesn't make sense is the attribute drop again after being signed to the 1st squad
  • FiremanTOR
    70 posts Park Captain
    No that's not it cholle89 :P It's just that players scouted with "Scout A Future Star" have a bugged interface in the Youth Academy
  • FiremanTOR wrote: »
    No that's not it cholle89 :P It's just that players scouted with "Scout A Future Star" have a bugged interface in the Youth Academy

Ok, my fault. I thought that the guys at EA might have been a little bit thoughtful but what the hell am I thinking?! ;)
  • Who thinks that when a player get booked if the manger or other players protect they should get booked as well that what happens in real life so it would make the game more interesting,existing and realistic
  • [Lol]
  • Caltson
    47 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited November 2016
    When you edit the appereance of a computer-generated youth player, he ages from 16 to 57 (on PS3 and Xbox 360).
    This bug was present on FIFA 15 and FIFA 16 aswell.

See screenshot;

SAM_3593.JPG
    Post edited by Caltson on
  • Scoot
    Has anyone noticed that when you scout a youth, they only use a small amount of names? Ive scouted in multiple countries and I always got the same names all the time.

In Holland it was always Visser, Smits, Vos to name a few and in England it is always Shaw, Smith, Martin etc. It's fine until you have scouted over 20 youth players and you start getting multiple of the same name.

I swear the name 'pool' was larger in previous fifas? Not really a huge issue or bother really, just something I noticed.

But for player regens this seems fine as they seem to use the full pool if names for their country.
  • May i ask if it is possible to have regens or pregens in our own team. What if retiring players move abroad?
  • Menaceuk
    1382 posts Professional
    Is it possible to find regens of past legends? Like , for example, could I serch Wales, LM, Premier League and find Ryan Giggs regen
  • Caltson
    47 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Has anyone noticed that when you scout a youth, they only use a small amount of names? Ive scouted in multiple countries and I always got the same names all the time.

In Holland it was always Visser, Smits, Vos to name a few and in England it is always Shaw, Smith, Martin etc. It's fine until you have scouted over 20 youth players and you start getting multiple of the same name.

I swear the name 'pool' was larger in previous fifas? Not really a huge issue or bother really, just something I noticed.

But for player regens this seems fine as they seem to use the full pool if names for their country.

I sent my scout to Holland and I must say it's really obvious that there are not much names. So far I could've scouted 3 people named 'De Haan', 2 people named 'Smits', 2 people named 'Vos' and 2 people named 'Mulder'.
    I think that in FIFA 15, the chances on having more different names was bigger..
  • Scoot
    Caltson wrote: »

I sent my scout to Holland and I must say it's really obvious that there are not much names. So far I could've scouted 3 people named 'De Haan', 2 people named 'Smits', 2 people named 'Vos' and 2 people named 'Mulder'.
    I think that in FIFA 15, the chances on having more different names was bigger..

Yes that is exactly the problem I have. Bit weird how this has changed, why mess with it when it is not needed?
  • RCS49
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Managing a French club I scout in France a lot and the name pool has been really wide
  • How is this thread only 2 pages long, usually plenty pages by this time of the year.
  • FiremanTOR
    70 posts Park Captain
    There's not much to say, it works the same as before but better so you get Youth Players to 80 when they're 19-20. I don't really play much anymore either so don't have much to contribute :P
  • SACanuckinOz
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have a question I hope you experts can answer, because my web research came up empty.

One of my manager mode objectives, critical, is to sign 3 players UNDER 20 with a higher OVR than the average of the current players. I find it difficult to figure out what exactly they mean and how to achieve this. One of my signings did in fact have this, and I can't even figure out hos I achieved this.

The trickier part is to sigh 3 Youth players with high potential, all in the midfield, and then grow them by 10 point over a year.
    I find this tricky, as it basically seems to imply I have to spend all training sessions on players I don't use, while neglecting the players I signed to achieve the other Board objectives (winning division and cup, etc.)

After about 5 months into my job as manager I received a note from the Board stating that I seem to be "not be on track" to achieve this youth goal. Although by now I have 1/3 signed (and not within transfer window period), and Youth players have grown by 13% on their own (this has been static for a while)

Any suggestions or answers to this?
  • SciManG
    227 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    One of my manager mode objectives, critical, is to sign 3 players UNDER 20 with a higher OVR than the average of the current players. I find it difficult to figure out what exactly they mean and how to achieve this. One of my signings did in fact have this, and I can't even figure out hos I achieved this.

Are you sure it does say "higher OVR" as I have only seen it require them to have a a higher POTENTIAL, either way if the average OVR of your best 11 is 80 then you have to buy a player or promote a youth player aged 19 or younger with a higher OVR/POTENTIAL than 80.

The trickier part is to sigh 3 Youth players with high potential, all in the midfield, and then grow them by 10 point over a year.

The players won't grow enough naturally so you will need to train the 3 players to get the +10 growth if you want achieve the objective.