Career Mode Story Help Thread (Resources, Graphics, Collabs and General Help)

Comments

• Ashy
    9497 posts League Winner
    Guess I'll go ahead an reveal my Fifa 18 team I have chosen, it might come as a shock since they are quite big rivals to my club Arsenal but it should be a good story, here is my current title graphic, waiting on them to make some transfers :*

CAvTrEV.png
  • Wyojasond
    11152 posts Has That Special Something
    Ashy wrote: »
    We might see a lot of gif stuff in the fifa 18 stories, should be good :)

I thought this said "girl" stuff at first :D :D :D
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up

Dirty mind... aaah :D :D
  • Alastair
    10022 posts Moderator

Is this a leak of Women's CM on FIFA 18? :#
  • Ashy
    9497 posts League Winner
    Might include a wag storyline you never know ;)
  • Wyojasond
    By the way, bit surprised with the ManU choice but I look forward to the graphics and story. Honestly can't remember anyone doing a serious story on them since I joined.
  • Ashy
    9497 posts League Winner
    edited May 2017
    By the way, bit surprised with the ManU choice but I look forward to the graphics and story. Honestly can't remember anyone doing a serious story on them since I joined.
    I've kind of done them once before a few FIFA's ago it was like the perfect step up because I started at Sporting Lisbon, 3 years later I went to Atletico Madrid then 2 years later Man Utd but I stopped shortly after
  • Wyojasond
    edited May 2017
    Looks like the visual side of FIFA 18 will be much better...

fifa-mourinho-v2-1.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w=742
  • Alastair
    10022 posts Moderator

As a Liverpool fan I thought you'd not to never believe anything posted by the Scum.

The captain on the article says "Our graphics team have knocked up what a FIFA 18 Jose Mourinho could look like compared with the FIFA 17 version"
  • Wyojasond
    Alastair wrote: »

As a Liverpool fan I thought you'd not to never believe anything posted by the Scum.

The captain on the article says "Our graphics team have knocked up what a FIFA 18 Jose Mourinho could look like compared with the FIFA 17 version"

It was late, I was tired, didn't even read the article or who it was from :D
  • Ashy
    9497 posts League Winner
    Tbf the image is well done it could fool anyone
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Guess I'll go ahead an reveal my Fifa 18 team I have chosen, it might come as a shock since they are quite big rivals to my club Arsenal but it should be a good story
    ...I expect the title of it to be "Back to back: from the Premier League to League 2 in three years".

Joking of course, great pic as always!
  • Chris
    5386 posts Big Money Move
    XRJEdcX.png

Been a while since I've touched PS, so this is a very rough draft, but getting back into the swing of things
  • Chris
    5386 posts Big Money Move
    g9fxKAv.jpg

Needs quite a bit of tightening but starting to get back into the hang of PS
  • JamieC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    Chris wrote: »
    g9fxKAv.jpg

Needs quite a bit of tightening but starting to get back into the hang of PS

It's looking amazing mate! :smiley:
  • ale85bg
    Yeah it looks great!
  • Ashy
    9497 posts League Winner
    edited August 2017
    Worked on my 'monthly summary graphic'

ol4l6NH.png

And also my 'match day graphic', I was going to do a GIF style one but it may be a bit time consuming so I'm keeping it simple

A5XydjJ.png

Going to switch up how I display my transfer news this time I think, will go into more detail on how the deal progresses from rumours to paper talk, agents involved, just more details rather than just updating when a deal is complete

• Wyojasond
    Worked on my 'monthly summary graphic'

ol4l6NH.png

And also my 'match day graphic', I was going to do a GIF style one but it may be a bit time consuming so I'm keeping it simple

A5XydjJ.png

Going to switch up how I display my transfer news this time I think, will go into more detail on how the deal progresses from rumours to paper talk, agents involved, just more details rather than just updating when a deal is complete

I like it! Worked on a few things myself this weekend. Some new graphics and I have an idea for my storyline. Building off of last seasons Dear Journal, I'm thinking of doing "a fly on the wall" perspective so you can hear from more people as the story progresses. Think it has some potential.
  • LaMertesackerRun
    6214 posts Big Money Move
    Really like the look of both those graphics. The detail in the bottom graphic is really nice.
  • Wyojasond
    Few things I'm playing around with

Q85kmgT.jpg
    hDYnjlS.jpg
  • Ashy
    9497 posts League Winner
    Quite like it, love the line of Liverpool legends, but the 3 current players at the top I'd of picked better choices, 3 main players for you are probably Mane, Firmino and Coutinho but if he leaves then Matip or Wijnaldum

Not sure what the bit under it is
  • Wyojasond
    edited August 2017
    Quite like it, love the line of Liverpool legends, but the 3 current players at the top I'd of picked better choices, 3 main players for you are probably Mane, Firmino and Coutinho but if he leaves then Matip or Wijnaldum

Not sure what the bit under it is

So the thing with the fly is gonna be what my story line is based around for the story. A fly on the wall listening to different players and coaches. You'll get a storyline from tons of different angles ;) but yeah I'm gonna play around with the other bit and do more of our main players. Still waiting to hear on the Coutinho verdict. Lol
  • Wyojasond
    6fqf7dQ.jpg
  • LaMertesackerRun
    6214 posts Big Money Move
    I like that graphic a lot. Nice colour and image/text ratio. Like that you have a league table in the graphic. Would keep an eye out on grammar though like a capital C for Man City is missing. Not sure about anyone else but I'm not sure a LM column is needed on the table as it (I presume it's last match?) Maybe though instead you could have green arrows upwards to show if a teams risen the league table with the number next to it and red arrows downwards to show teams moving down places in the league and then the number of places next to it and then a simple white dash if they're in the same position. And then do it for every team in the league. Only a thought and would take more effort but could make it clearer and a bit nicer. Not anything else I'd change in it, it's a very nice graphic :)
  • Wyojasond
    I like that graphic a lot. Nice colour and image/text ratio. Like that you have a league table in the graphic. Would keep an eye out on grammar though like a capital C for Man City is missing. Not sure about anyone else but I'm not sure a LM column is needed on the table as it (I presume it's last match?) Maybe though instead you could have green arrows upwards to show if a teams risen the league table with the number next to it and red arrows downwards to show teams moving down places in the league and then the number of places next to it and then a simple white dash if they're in the same position. And then do it for every team in the league. Only a thought and would take more effort but could make it clearer and a bit nicer. Not anything else I'd change in it, it's a very nice graphic :)

Good catch on the city part. Totally missed that. Yeah LM is there standing last month. Was already debating removing it so I think you made my mind up for me :D
  • Ashy
    9497 posts League Winner
    If you want to put something there then just a red/green arrow to show if they have gone up or down or remained in their position but is it a bit of extra work keep up with it every month
  • Wyojasond
    If you want to put something there then just a red/green arrow to show if they have gone up or down or remained in their position but is it a bit of extra work keep up with it every month

Yeah I think I'm gonna just delete it. Your right it's just a time consumer that no one really cares too much about.
  • ale85bg
    Wow, this is that time of the year again! :)
    Wonderful monthly sumamry as always @Ashy and I also liked your 'legends' pic @Wyojasond (I didn't understand at first the 'fly' thing but it looks like you explained it perfectly... Pretty interesting way to unravel a story).
  • Wyojasond
    Ok, here's a little bit better idea of what I have planned for my story this year ;)

T5NCEyQ.jpg
  • Wyojasond
    I think I've got my cover photo for next season B)

b0uxHW4.jpg
This discussion has been closed.