Career Mode Story Help Thread (Resources, Graphics, Collabs and General Help)

Comments

• Chris
    5386 posts Big Money Move
    hJvdEXt.png

resized
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1202 posts Professional
    Chris wrote: »
    FhBV7lI.png

brilliant
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1202 posts Professional
    8MH72z9.png

few changes
  • Wyojasond
    11306 posts Has That Special Something
    WS9KhaE.png
    thoughts on this lads? tried to replicate the premier league logos to the best of my ability

I think the neon green is a bit too much. It's hard to read who scored.
  • Wyojasond
    8MH72z9.png

few changes

Of course you post right after I comment. Lol. Much better :)
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1202 posts Professional
    edited September 2016
    WS9KhaE.png
    thoughts on this lads? tried to replicate the premier league logos to the best of my ability

I think the neon green is a bit too much. It's hard to read who scored.

yeah the problem for me on my laptop it looks fine but then on my pc monitor (tad older) the green looks worse.

does the updated one with the shadow and text change make it better?
  • Wyojasond
    hJvdEXt.png

resized

Looks good man
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1202 posts Professional
    8MH72z9.png

few changes

Of course you post right after I comment. Lol. Much better :)

did it twice :D
    thanks mate
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2016
    8MH72z9.png

few changes
    Much better, really nice... It really reminds me about the original design by DixonBaxi and that's a good thing.

If you accept a suggestion, as it's a PL scoreboard, I'd get rid of the old font and use one more similar to the one used by DixonBaxi for the official design (essentially, a sans serif one).
    Here's a good selection of 100% free fonts (with accents) you could try if interested: http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=501&text=FULL+TIME&a=on&e=on&l[]=10&l[]=1
    I'd try Sansation for example, but it's up to you. :)
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1202 posts Professional
    edited September 2016
    ale85bg wrote: »
    8MH72z9.png

few changes
    Much better, really nice... If you accept a suggestion, as it's a PL scoreboard, I'd get rid of the old font and use one more similar to the one used by DixonBaxi for the official design (essentially, a sans serif one).
    Here's a good selection of 100% free fonts (with accents) you could try if interested: http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=501&text=FULL+TIME&a=on&e=on&l[]=10&l[]=1
    I'd try Sansation for example, but it's up to you. :)

Thanks mate i looked up the font before i made the graphic and it said it would cost me 200 odd pounds so i just went with the old. Will have a look now :)

out of those fonts which one would you recommend?
  • ale85bg
    edited September 2016
    I'd try and see how Sansation looks on the scoreboard.

Otherwise, I've been using Liberation Sans for like three or four years now (it's the one that comes bundled with Libre Office, and it's GPL anyway).
    It's a small form of OCD of mine I believe, I cannot really stand fonts with serifs unless they're printed on actual paper. :joy:
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2016
    @Chris Very nice scoreboard. :) The dates don't add a huge amount if you want to save some time IMO. Especially with the matchday # there.

@o ShifTyZz o Nothing to add really. Matches the official PL stuff quite nicely. :)
  • ale85bg
    hJvdEXt.png
    This is also very nice, I thought I had already commented on it. Did you do also this with PowerPoint? Pretty impressive if so. :)
  • Chris
    Yeah I used a similar graphic last year, just tweaked it

And again yeah, all PowerPoint
  • Chris
    Trying to fill something in the gap here, not sure what to do that won't be clunky
    phgZ3ts.png
  • Greenman019
    A news article. Top scorers etc. Form. Upcoming games. Team stats (Top scorers etc but just for your team.

Not sure what else you could do. Hope that helps though.
  • dannyboy
    12810 posts Has That Special Something
    Put some pictures there maybe
  • SeanC
    10 posts Ball Boy
    FhBV7lI.png

I really like this!!! How do I use this for myself? I'm starting out new to all this and im in some seriously deep water!!!
  • Kaiduss
    738 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'd love to start doing my own Career Mode Story, but I'm really bad at doing graphics. What do you think about the idea of making screenshots of Premier League broadcast and using it to present matches. Here's an example from FIFA 16 (with old broadcast) how does it look like:
    DQv97qA.png
    Bpm4ADM.png
    wMZD9zt.png
    *match description*
    7ZLWUCS.png
  • Greenman019
    I say go for whatever you're most comfortable with. The engine presentations are nice looking, but not very flexible. Maybe have a crack at something free (I think GIMP is) and then decide?
  • Wyojasond
    Screenshots are fine, but I do think most people like to see original graphics as opposed to that. Just my opinion though :)
  • Kaiduss
    738 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Thanks for the opinions and suggestions guys. I'd love my story to look good and as I said - my graphic skills are terrible, so I'll go with screenshots probably.
  • ale85bg
    edited October 2016
    Screenshots are fine, but I do think most people like to see original graphics as opposed to that.
    So are you saying that I've been caught red handed trying to pass off some FIFA 12 ingame screens as photos sticked to a journal? :joy:
    In my defence I have to say that I really hardly have any time to produce original graphics right now...
  • Wyojasond
    Screenshots are fine, but I do think most people like to see original graphics as opposed to that.
    So are you saying that I've been caught red handed trying to pass off some FIFA 12 ingame screens as photos sticked to a journal? :joy:
    In my defence I have to say that I really hardly have any time to produce original graphics right now...

You do what!? How dare you sir! I had no idea!!! :D :p
  • Hey, who's up for helping me out? Basically I want to start a Career Mode story, but have no access to a PC just an iPhone 6, I don't know if I'm doing it wrong but I start a discussion, type away on my phone in the box blabbering on about my career mode, it allows me to type as much as I want it seems but I then post it, only for it to cut out most of what I've written and I don't know why, pretty confused haha.
  • Alastair
    10044 posts Moderator
    Hey, who's up for helping me out? Basically I want to start a Career Mode story, but have no access to a PC just an iPhone 6, I don't know if I'm doing it wrong but I start a discussion, type away on my phone in the box blabbering on about my career mode, it allows me to type as much as I want it seems but I then post it, only for it to cut out most of what I've written and I don't know why, pretty confused haha.

It shouldn't do that. I've just tried it on my phone and it worked no problem. Are you on iOS 9 or 10? Also, are you using the default mobile view or have you pressed 'request desktop site'?
  • I've literally just sorted it, the problem was that I used an emoji from my phones keyboard and not one from the drop down menu above the comment box, thanks for trying to help out though, appreciate it mate.
  • Ashy
    9585 posts League Winner
    Anyone know about the edit player feature in career mode

Basically I'm trying to give my new academy graduate a bit of penalisation, long sleeves, gloves, boots, tight shirt etc..
    When I save it and play a match the player switches to the default short sleeves no gloves, only thing that has changed is the boots, any help?
  • ale85bg
    edited October 2016
    Could it be you ran into the issue where changing a player's boots resets his undershirt?
    http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/comment/3705167#Comment_3705167

It looks like a bug apparently, and you'0re not the only one noticing it.
    http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/194312/undershirt-bug-still-not-fixed
  • Ashy
    9585 posts League Winner
    Could it be you ran into the issue where changing a player's boots resets his undershirt?
    http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/comment/3705167#Comment_3705167

It looks like a bug apparently, and you'0re not the only one noticing it.
    http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/194312/undershirt-bug-still-not-fixed

Thanks, really annoying
This discussion has been closed.