The What Team Should I Go For Thread

Alastair
10035 posts Moderator
edited September 2016

Undecided on league or team you want to lead to glory? Then this thread will be helpful to you, all posts asking which team will be re-directed to here. Feel free to ask for team or ask people which team out of a selection of teams.

e.g.

I'm looking for a team that:
  • Isnt too good (Barca, Man Utd, Chelsea) and isnt too bad.
  • Has a large budget
  • Fairly Young Squad or old players I can sell
  • A kind of Europa League side looking to qualify for UCL
  • Top European League (England, Spain, Germany, Italy)
Post edited by Alastair on

Comments

• Andyomazing
    374 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2016
    never mind
    Post edited by Andyomazing on
  • Cody22775
    591 posts Sunday League Hero
    Haha bro that was an example he wasn't looking for help
  • Cody22775
    edited September 2016
    I'm going to be starting a thread so which club should I choose VOTE HERE. https://goo.gl/q5SNMC
    I chose a select few of teams I wanted to use
    Post edited by Cody22775 on
  • Honestly. On Fifa 16 I started with something that was on Premier League and I did not regret my choice, I think it was Stoke City or something like that, then I went to Cruzeiro (Brazil) and back to Europe to manage Zaragoza, and when I was invited to Benfica I was like yayyyy finally my favourite club invites me, lol, and I stayed there for like 6 seasons or something like there, and after Benfica, Chelsea appeared and because one big club is never enough I managed to go to Dortmund at the final part of the 2016 year, so yeah, that was the last club I've managed on Fifa 16, it was an awesome season, and I hope I do something like that on Fifa 17.

• Alastair wrote: »

Undecided on league or team you want to lead to glory? Then this thread will be helpful to you, all posts asking which team will be re-directed to here. Feel free to ask for team or ask people which team out of a selection of teams.

e.g.

• Has a large budget

Tottenham would be a good choice? They will be in the Champions Cup too..Young players like Dele Alli, Kane, Eriksen, Dier along with players like Lamela, Sissoko, Alderweireld, Wanyama, Lloris ect.. From what I've seen they start with 58 million too for their transfer budget
  • Cody22775
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »
    Alastair wrote: »

e.g.

• Has a large budget

Tottenham would be a good choice? They will be in the Champions Cup too..Young players like Dele Alli, Kane, Eriksen, Dier along with players like Lamela, Sissoko, Alderweireld, Wanyama, Lloris ect.. From what I've seen they start with 58 million too for their transfer budget

Once again that top post doesn't need help. It was an example
  • i hate to say it but Southampton might be a good shout (pompey fan)
  • Lukester99x
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Looking for a lower premier league team with good youth and decent first team, any ideas?
  • Cody22775
    Looking for a lower premier league team with good youth and decent first team, any ideas?

Southampton maybe not low ish but nice youth
  • Thinking either Werder Bremen since their struggling and want to return them to their glory days or either Las Palmas because I like the way they're playing right now.
  • Lukester99x
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Cody22775 wrote: »

Yeah was thinking Southampton, they have very nice potential and facilities! Thanks for the reply
  • Cody22775
    Cody22775 wrote: »

Yeah was thinking Southampton, they have very nice potential and facilities! Thanks for the reply

No problem
  • Exeter City... Rags to Riches... Take them from League 2 all the way to the Prem and Europe... I never want to start as a big team as you miss out on so much when you do... Putting together your own squad, building a team, rising up through the leagues...

Plus I find the youth scouting to be much more useful... Youth players that are decent can get in the 1st team almost straight away at a lower league club...
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    edited September 2016
    Every year I start with the most weak and poor team in England. Three years in a row it was Accrington Stanley. This year it will be Morecambe. Which one is the rival of Stanley by the way :smiley:
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    Thinking either Werder Bremen since their struggling and want to return them to their glory days or either Las Palmas because I like the way they're playing right now.
    I was torn between Hamurg and Bremen, went with Hamburg because of their slightly better youth and plenty of aging players to replace
  • FBCgamingvideos
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Every year I start with the most weak and poor team in England. Three years in a row it was Accrington Stanley. This year it will be Morecambe. Which one is the rival of Stanley by the way :smiley:

Haha yes I did Accrington in FIFA 16, great fun, taking them up to the premier league. Doing Ajax now :smile:
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional

Haha yes I did Accrington in FIFA 16, great fun, taking them up to the premier league. Doing Ajax now :smile:

I couldn't even up to 3rd division :( I play on Legendary and with full manual control. With these conditions it is impossible to promote higher.
  • FBCgamingvideos

I couldn't even up to 3rd division :( I play on Legendary and with full manual control. With these conditions it is impossible to promote higher.

I did it one WC, assisted. I wouldn't even attempt what you did, but kudos to you!
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional

I did it one WC, assisted. I wouldn't even attempt what you did, but kudos to you!

Thank you :p But why don't you try it harder if you have success with your settings? Try with out assistance or on higher level.
  • Dfmr1983
    99 posts Has Potential To Be Special

e.g.

• Has a large budget

Manchester United
    They aren't good... basically they are ****....
    Has a large budget and end up doing nothing
    You can selln young players for pennies then re buy for a ton of money and they don't show up to play like pogba
    They are in the Europa league not in champions league
    and they play in England
    But still they are crap
  • Cody22775
    Dfmr1983 wrote: »

e.g.

• Has a large budget

Manchester United
    They aren't good... basically they are ****....
    Has a large budget and end up doing nothing
    You can selln young players for pennies then re buy for a ton of money and they don't show up to play like pogba
    They are in the Europa league not in champions league
    and they play in England
    But still they are crap

No they're not u idiot
    Great FIFA players great FIFA youth great FIFA team overall

• FBCgamingvideos

Thank you :p But why don't you try it harder if you have success with your settings? Try with out assistance or on higher level.

Am using Legendary level with Ajax this time around. Still assisted though, but I will see how I go as the season progresses.
  • PaulHdGamer
    59 posts Park Captain
    I'm a FIFA YouTube (Paulhdgamer) I'm currently doing a Man Utd career mode (because I support them) but anyone got any ideas of other teams to do? Maybe a challenge? I'm thinking about Aberdeen? Or a small German/Spanish team?
  • FBCgamingvideos

Am using Legendary level with Ajax this time around. Still assisted though, but I will see how I go as the season progresses.
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2016
    I'm a FIFA YouTube (Paulhdgamer) I'm currently doing a Man Utd career mode (because I support them) but anyone got any ideas of other teams to do? Maybe a challenge? I'm thinking about Aberdeen? Or a small German/Spanish team?
    What about helping Levante back to Liga Santander and then back to European football?
    After that, breaking the dominance of Barcelona/Real/Atlético in the league surely could be challenging.
  • tcj24
    8 posts Ball Boy
    Wanted to get peoples thoughts on a Leicester City CM? Obviously what they achieved last season captivated the world but I'm very intrigued to watch them over the coming seasons. Based on that I think they'd be a great CM team as it's a challenge/opportunity to build on their success.
  • Smushs88
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Usually end up starting a career with a Prem team, but going to do what I did a few years ago and start one with a lower league team. Last time I tried this was 2010, in which case I started with Swindon and by the second season had signed relative unnknowns Vela and Aguero :D Get a feeling it may be a bit more difficult this time around!

Looking at maybe starting 2, one with Villa and taking them back to their former glories or a local lower league team - likely to be Wycombe Wanderers. Any suggestions if they are a good shout or is there a better league 1/2 team to begin with?
  • arsenalap
    4533 posts National Call-Up
    I always start with getting Portsmouth back to prem and to the top.
  • FawnkyDonkey
    44 posts Last Pick at the Park
    arsenalap wrote: »
    I always start with getting Portsmouth back to prem and to the top.

Hows that working out since the budgets don't increase from year to year in F17? I used to love taking small teams and progressing them but that just doesn't work this year because you never get financially rewarded for winning.
  • hedop
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park
    You don't get increased budgets????