Haven't been on the EA train, since FIFA '14...

Nas-Escobar
76 posts Park Captain
Hey fellas;

Haven't been on these forums in ages nor played / bought a FIFA game since FIFA '14. I use to be on these forums from 2009 until 2014 or so.

Yes I was one who complained and was always frustrated with FIFA. #LOL Until I finally took a stand and stopped buying it. From what I've read of FIFA '15 and '16, seems like I made the correct choice? :D

Past two years I invested in PES 2015 (which I thoroughly enjoyed) and PES 2016 (which I didn't like so much) :/

Haven't been impressed with PES 2017 gameplay videos; but I have enjoyed what I've seen of FIFA '17.

I will download the FIFA '17 Demo tomorrow and give it a try and probably the PES demo as well. But honestly I am feeling FIFA for the first time in years.

For those of you who played FIFA '15 and '16, what are your thoughts of FIFA '17? Do you think it will be an improvement and worth the buy?

Comments

• ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    offline isnt really enjoyable on fifa.

from what ive played of the pes demo...(about 40 games) i think its way ahead of fifa.

online will depend on how it plays over p2p.

fifa can be enjoyable online but with so many problems this year...well really since 12 im considering skipping 17 altogether.
    if pes doesnt play right online then at least i have a game which i know will be enjoyable offline.

if i get bored of pes i may pick fifa 17 up next year sometime when they do a discount.
  • Nas-Escobar
    76 posts Park Captain
    offline isnt really enjoyable on fifa.

from what ive played of the pes demo...(about 40 games) i think its way ahead of fifa.

online will depend on how it plays over p2p.

fifa can be enjoyable online but with so many problems this year...well really since 12 im considering skipping 17 altogether.
    if pes doesnt play right online then at least i have a game which i know will be enjoyable offline.

if i get bored of pes i may pick fifa 17 up next year sometime when they do a discount.

Thanks for your input pal.

I was really hoping for a solid offline FIFA 17; especially for Manager Mode and for me and my friends, coworkers etc. to play offline together and against each other etc.

I honestly stopped playing FIFA online since FIFA 13 because of various reasons and too much bulls***!
  • Tof33z
    6433 posts Big Money Move
    No one really knows but I'd expect 17 AI to be an evolution of 16. Which probably means it'll be pants. PES 2017 demo AI is so much better than Fifa 16 it's not even funny
  • Marrone
    97 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hey fellas;

Haven't been on these forums in ages nor played / bought a FIFA game since FIFA '14. I use to be on these forums from 2009 until 2014 or so.

Yes I was one who complained and was always frustrated with FIFA. #LOL Until I finally took a stand and stopped buying it. From what I've read of FIFA '15 and '16, seems like I made the correct choice? :D

Past two years I invested in PES 2015 (which I thoroughly enjoyed) and PES 2016 (which I didn't like so much) :/

Haven't been impressed with PES 2017 gameplay videos; but I have enjoyed what I've seen of FIFA '17.

I will download the FIFA '17 Demo tomorrow and give it a try and probably the PES demo as well. But honestly I am feeling FIFA for the first time in years.

For those of you who played FIFA '15 and '16, what are your thoughts of FIFA '17? Do you think it will be an improvement and worth the buy?

You haven't missed a thing...
  • DUKESTER-x
    2839 posts National Call-Up
    PES 2017 gameplay destroys FIFA's imo..
  • Jll02
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Try out the FIFA 17 demo or a retail version of the game, then make a decision. I made (on PC) the jump from FIFA 14 to FIFA 16, and was impressed with how things looked and played compared in 16 to FIFA 14.
  • nixdrauf
    276 posts Sunday League Hero
    check the demo ... game always feels different than it looks in videos - but whats quite obvious: the AI seems better
  • Shaanxz
    20317 posts Club Captain
    DUKESTER-x wrote: »
    PES 2017 gameplay destroys FIFA's imo..

Offline only
  • sinasipahioglu7
    1812 posts Play-Off Hero
    first of all i have to say 15 and 16 were pretty much better games than 14 ,14 was the worst football game i have ever played ,i believe 17 is gonna be an improvement as well
  • Retro_G
    28222 posts Player of the Year
    first of all i have to say 15 and 16 were pretty much better games than 14 ,14 was the worst football game i have ever played ,i believe 17 is gonna be an improvement as well

Delusional. Fifa 14 was a great game, with a brilliant free world cup add-on. FIFA 15, 16 were rubbish, had dumbed down gameplay with no depth.

• creative
    250 posts Sunday League Hero
    I haven't been a fan since FIFA14, I've kept buying them just like i Kept buying call of duty after call of duty 2 (Advanced Warfare being the final straw), But like call of duty, FIFA consistantly being terrible year after year has finally worn on me to the point where i feel zero excitement for the release and if this demo isn't any good i wont be buying.

I still sit here six years later wondering why the ( FIFA WORLD CUP SA 2010 ) is still six years ahead of FIFA16, Graphically and gameplay wise... and effort put into it.
  • don't get hyped too much regarding this demo, last year fifa 16 demo was the best fifa ever, things were different in released game so ...
  • Retro_G wrote: »

Delusional. Fifa 14 was a great game, with a brilliant free world cup add-on. FIFA 15, 16 were rubbish, had dumbed down gameplay with no depth.

you are one of the very few people who think 14 was a good game

• Retro_G
    I'm in the same boat pal, haven't bought a Fifa game since Fifa 14. PES 15 was quality. PES 16 wasn't great, too easy. I've been playing Fifa games since 1993 on the Sega. Fifa 15, 16 are the only two games i never bought in the franchise.

PES 17 is probably the most realistic football simulation ever developed, from a gameplay aspect. Online is mess though, sure you know how bad the lag is, no even ping filter. Fifa is a much better experience online.

Fifa is years ahead of PES when it comes to online, years behind with gameplay. Hopefully Fifa 17 starts putting the control back in the players hands and with them pushing Esports.

• Retro_G
    edited September 2016
    Retro_G wrote: »

False the scores don't lie son. You must've been playing Fifa 14 on old gen or something, because this was a great Fifa game on PS4 and Xbox one.

Fifa 14:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/fifa-14

Fifa 15:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/fifa-15

Fifa 16:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/fifa-16

• sinasipahioglu7
    1812 posts Play-Off Hero

False the scores don't lie son. You must've been playing Fifa 14 on old gen or something, because this was a great Fifa game on PS4 and Xbox one.

Fifa 14:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/fifa-14

Fifa 15:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/fifa-15

Fifa 16:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/fifa-16

you should stop reading reviews from direct google search 'son'
    most of the professional players and top quality players who also write in this forum think f14 was the shiettest fifa , i dont give a damn about what the average joes think
  • Dan13
    4648 posts National Call-Up
    Pes 2017 is straight trash
  • creative
    250 posts Sunday League Hero
    FIFA14 was decent but the headers were so OP it pretty much just ruined the whole game.
  • Nas-Escobar
    76 posts Park Captain
    edited September 2016
    don't get hyped too much regarding this demo, last year fifa 16 demo was the best fifa ever, things were different in released game so ...

Man, I remember the same thing with FIFA 12 and 13 demos. They were absolutely fantastic! But then they changed the game speed and few things with the final releases :|

But honestly till this day, FIFA 13 and 12 along with 08, are still my favorite FIFA games.

I will surely download FIFA 17 demo tomorrow; give them a try and give you guys my opinions. Honestly, just not feeling the PES 17 gameplay; might not bother wasting time trying the demo.

Thanks to everyone who responded. #Appreciated :)
    Post edited by Nas-Escobar on
  • PapaQuibs
    220 posts Sunday League Hero
    I think AI will be better cuz of the journey
  • Pwaaaleee
    371 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pes demo has already been released weeks ago. Not my sort of game, but others like it.
  • Nas-Escobar
    76 posts Park Captain
    edited September 2016
    Pwaaaleee wrote: »
    Pes demo has already been released weeks ago. Not my sort of game, but others like it.

Honestly I am not impressed with the visuals, graphics or even robotic movement of PES 17. I had a like / hate relationship with PES 16 (too much bulls*** TBH); but I loved PES 15 with a passion and still playing it even presently.

I might not even waste time downloading PES 17 demo :/

FIFA 17, the A.I. seems a very challenging and hard to score against from the gameplay videos I've seen thus far. Loving the graphics and the ball physics of FIFA 17.
    Post edited by Nas-Escobar on
  • sinasipahioglu7
    1812 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pwaaaleee wrote: »

Honestly I am not impressed with the visuals, graphics or even robotic movement of PES 17. I didn't even 16; but I loved PES 15.

I might not even waste time downloading PES 17 demo :/

FIFA 17, the A.I. seems a very challenging and hard to score against from the gameplay videos I've seen thus far. Loving the graphics and the ball physics of FIFA 17.

in terms of ball physics and player movements fifa is miles ahead of pes tbf , the ai is much better in pes if you fancy playing offline but who gives a damn about offline anyways