• JGomes
    5283 posts Big Money Move
    also Boga with a great goal against Inter
  • Enguin
    11165 posts Has That Special Something
    i actually don't understand why i used to keep getting myself banned here
  • JGomes
    hey happy birthday to eveyone whose birthday is around this time, I seem to remember lots of those happening in November
  • iHilarious
    13131 posts Has That Special Something
    Cheers x
  • Hicksy2011
    13447 posts Has That Special Something
    Engy you have my full support tonight COYBIG
  • Enguin
    11165 posts Has That Special Something
    so sad
  • Monkey
    8350 posts League Winner
    lol who would want to make a bronze team.
  • Dawud
    16006 posts World Class
    Vert
  • Monkey
    8350 posts League Winner
    @Vert how do you respond to such an accusation.
  • CaTriEm
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    @Monkey Can't lie, thought you died.
  • Hicksy2011
    13447 posts Has That Special Something
    I’m still waiting for @Notts to become my dentist
  • Monkey
    8350 posts League Winner
    The last Fifa I played was Fifa 16. That coincided with my first year of uni and later years I just didn't bother playing. So I guess the interest of the forum waned with it. The Lounge is over 7 years old now lol @CaTriEm
  • CaTriEm
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    Monkey wrote: »
    The last Fifa I played was Fifa 16. That coincided with my first year of uni and later years I just didn't bother playing. So I guess the interest of the forum waned with it. The Lounge is over 7 years old now lol @CaTriEm

Think I quit FUT 15 early, started really getting back into it around FIFA 17. Quit FIFA 19 after Halloween and played Fortnite exclusively, got drawn back in this year. Didn't frequent the forums much and when I did it was lurking rather than posting. I still remember us discussing setting up the lounge, we didn't think anyone would be interested and it hit 50 pages in the first two days :D FIFA has never been as fun without the Bronze Tournament.

Clayton Donaldson > Danny Ings btw.
  • Monkey
    8350 posts League Winner
    Danny Ings was a god on FUT12 how dare you.

I've gotta say FUT looks a lot less fun nowadays. Bronzes and Silvers seem basically pointless, removal of the 1st IF rule and the tournaments killed them off. Not a fan of all these event cards that aren't based on real life. That started going downhill with the Futties. Everything's just set up to make you spend money it seems (perhaps it always was, just less obvious).

I played over 1000 matches on each FUT from 12 to 15. Looks completely different to back then.
  • CaTriEm
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    Removing Tournaments changed the game completely. I was actually a fan of non-performance related cards initially, but then it got a bit ridiculous when every player had a 90 plus rated card. It's all about money, EA were making nothing off people who were playing exclusively with Bronzes, our only concern with affording a player was when SIF Powell came out. It's just not as much fun now, everyone is concerned with "meta" players as if they're going to make a living out of the game.
  • CaTriEm
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    Speaking of FUT12:

mcFuZ9s.png
  • CaTriEm
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    Started reminiscing on the Generations Squad Builder;

n4OC5ri.png
    8zHdlFt.png

Think I went 50-0 with the second one.
  • Monkey
    8350 posts League Winner
    Christ I'd completely forgotten about some of those cards. Wish I could see all my generations teams again.
  • JGomes
    Monkey wrote: »
    Danny Ings was a god on FUT12 how dare you.

I've gotta say FUT looks a lot less fun nowadays. Bronzes and Silvers seem basically pointless, removal of the 1st IF rule and the tournaments killed them off. Not a fan of all these event cards that aren't based on real life. That started going downhill with the Futties. Everything's just set up to make you spend money it seems (perhaps it always was, just less obvious).

I played over 1000 matches on each FUT from 12 to 15. Looks completely different to back then.

wise words, uni has been doing its job it seems
    honestly this should be on the OP, it's genuinely how everyone here feels
  • JGomes
    my boy Gyan, his team just beat ajax and are 3rd on the table, impressive
  • Gyan_33
    31300 posts National Team Captain
    JGomes wrote: »
    my boy Gyan, his team just beat ajax and are 3rd on the table, impressive

Life's good <3