FIFA 16 ban etc read for details

Got banned from FIFA 16 around 4-5 months back for buying coins... First time I did this for a measly 100k. Got banned, accepted it and moved on. Now firstly ever other thread I've read about this sort of thing says your banned from all EA games, that's not the case with me, I'm not banned from FIFA 15 I checked, and I regularly play other EA games on my account, I also played the FIFA 17 beta and wasn't banned from the servers on that so I was wondering if there's a good chance I won't be banned from the full release of FIFA 17?

Comments

• Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Measly?
  • Jll02
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You probably won't be banned for FIFA 17.
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2016
    Got banned from FIFA 16 around 4-5 months back for buying coins... [...] I also played the FIFA 17 beta
    Does anyone find this behaviour by EA pretty insulting to the honest players that didn't get the chance to play the demo, or it's just me?
  • GoodnightIrene
    3326 posts National Call-Up
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Got banned from FIFA 16 around 4-5 months back for buying coins... [...] I also played the FIFA 17 beta
    Does anyone find this behaviour by EA pretty insulting to the honest players that didn't get the chance to play the demo, or it's just me?

No people are randomly selected why would you be insulted, they don't owe you anything.
  • Jll02
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I understand where you are coming from.
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    No people are randomly selected why would you be insulted, they don't owe you anything.
    I'm on PC so I wouldn't be selected anyway... :joy:
    I just see no point in giving a player who's been banned for cheating the chance to try the next year's game in advance. Even if beta participants are randomly selected, surely there must be a way to avoid people priorly flagged as cheaters to access the selection.
  • MattDaddy V1
    1601 posts Play-Off Hero
    @TwistedUzumaki879
    It depends what you were banned for. You don't get banned from FIFA for buying coins once, that is a yellow card offence which is a coin wipe, warning email & on screen message. It seems that you chose to ignore that warning and bought more coins, got caught and was given a red card which is a total ban from that FIFA. It's also possible to get a straight red for coin promotion, but as you admitted to having bought coins that looks to be the more obvious answer. Therefore you can still still playing any previous or future FIFA, just not the FIFA you've been banned on.

Yes, I certainly do. If you have chosen to break the TOS more than once then personally I believe it is a smack in the face from EA given them beta codes. Whatever happened to cheaters never prosper? Although as someone mentioned in a different thread maybe it's EA setting a trap. If he's ignored previous warnings they are possibly hoping that the leopard never changes his spots ideal rings true, then that person gets banned and comes on the forum whining they've been banned as a warning to others, all the while EA smuggly brag about the fact they have prove they ban cheaters.
  • To be totally honest at the time of buying coins I didn't even know it was against TOS FIFA 16 was pretty much the only FIFA id really gotten into, and with every YouTuber and there mothers promoting coins I fell for it. That's why I accepted the ban and moved on. Hopefully I won't be banned from 17 as I plan to never buy stupid coins again :)
  • Oh and it was only the once it was something called a comfort trade (yes I know silly on my part for giving details out) but I was non the wiser at the time and as EA told me when I enquired about it, was a straight ban from FIFA 16
  • Peter wrote: »
    Measly?

Yes considering everyone was selling the decent players for around 30-40k at the time, people easily spend 100k+ on one player

• MattDaddy V1
    1601 posts Play-Off Hero
    @TwistedUzumaki879
    If they classed it as a comfort trade then that is a 'super' straight red. Technically you should be banned from all EA games online. So you might not be able to play against other people online, just the AI on FIFA 17, (And any other EA game.) If they've banned you for comfort trading and you can still play EA games online then it just proves what a waste of time and how pathetic/pointless EA's banning policy is. Lastly, this is not me having a go at you. I'm just pointing out that EA really need to sort their banning system out. Like most other people I've had too many good games ruined for me by cheaters. EA really need to knuckle down on their banning priorities, they don't seem to punish coin buyers/sellers but they're happy to give temporary bans to people for quick selling items or looking for a certain player too often. (Some people collect gens, we're not all price fixing snipers EA!)
  • Tof33z
    6387 posts Big Money Move
    What's a comfort trade please? (noob)
  • MattDaddy V1
    1601 posts Play-Off Hero
    Tof33z wrote: »

A comfort trade 'usually' means u give ur details to a coin seller and they use bots on ur account to boost ur coin count to a pre agreed amount.

Although at one point EA live chat wrongly used the phrase comfort trading for people who were creating new accounts to take advantage of the free draft tokens and then transferring their proceeds to their main accounts.
  • Tof33z
    6387 posts Big Money Move

A comfort trade 'usually' means u give ur details to a coin seller and they use bots on ur account to boost ur coin count to a pre agreed amount.

Although at one point EA live chat wrongly used the phrase comfort trading for people who were creating new accounts to take advantage of the free draft tokens and then transferring their proceeds to their main accounts.

Thank you. Takes all kinds of dumb to hand over your account details to some rando off the internet.
  • MattDaddy V1
    1601 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2016

Thank you. Takes all kinds of dumb to hand over your account details to some rando off the internet.

Hell, I wouldn't trust my best friend with my details, let alone some complete random lol.