40 games in 1 weekend for FUT champions?

Comments

• DiddyBCFC
    121 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Jake wrote: »
    DiddyBCFC wrote: »
    Yes, it's Friday, Saturday and Sunday. that's 13 games a day, only 4.5 hours a day. I understand that's a hell of a lot of time for some players. But even with a weekend job and a girlfriend (some people find having a partner is a problem? :# ), I could still manage that easily.

thats a lot of time to commit every week

I know but I'm just breaking it down, but that much commitment, in the eyes of EA, deserves a big reward. I'll be happy with 13 or so wins a weekend. That's still a tidy reward for say 22 or so games played.
  • Thomas_Müller
    344 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2016
    people seem to forget that they are not in the audience EA aims for with the Fut champions mode. its a competitve mode, and most competitive players playing the game all day long every day every week every month every year, see it as a job like yours.
  • TheNakedGod
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    people seem to forget that they are not in the audience EA aims for with the Fut champions mode. its a competitve mode, and most competitive players playing the game all day long every day every week every month every year, see it as a job like yours.

I think only a handful of players can really see it as a job. You'd have to be top 100 to make a living....... unless you are a top twitch streamer.
  • IDARYL
    5625 posts Big Money Move
    Dazzler wrote: »
    Yes, it's Friday, Saturday and Sunday. that's 13 games a day, only 4.5 hours a day. I understand that's a hell of a lot of time for some players. But even with a weekend job and a girlfriend (some people find having a partner is a problem? :# ), I could still manage that easily.

To be able to manage that easily ain't normal bro.

Define normal?

24 hour day, 6 hour sleep, 8 hour work, 1 hour travel, 2 hours at home to eat/housework, 2 hour chill with the bae (yup, I said bae) ... That leaves 5 hours to myself?

lol 2 hours with girl and 5 hours on fifa....you need to get your priorities straight
  • IDARYL
    5625 posts Big Money Move

not even 1% of competitive players earn enough to call it a job...
  • DiddyBCFC
    IDARYL wrote: »
    Dazzler wrote: »

To be able to manage that easily ain't normal bro.

Define normal?

24 hour day, 6 hour sleep, 8 hour work, 1 hour travel, 2 hours at home to eat/housework, 2 hour chill with the bae (yup, I said bae) ... That leaves 5 hours to myself?

lol 2 hours with girl and 5 hours on fifa....you need to get your priorities straight

She works 8-4 I work 2-10 .. I'm not gonna force her to stay awake until 4am when she's awake at 6am for work you belter
  • NoYaNever_93
    897 posts Semi-Pro
    edited September 2016
    Like some other guy said, its only 4.5 hours a day, thats like 1 hours game play with 3 hours rest and repeat it like 3 more times. Whenever a new FIFA is released, Im on it pretty much all day anyway. If youve got commitments eg family, kids, work etc then I guess thats just life right?
  • DiddyBCFC
    Like some other guy said, its only 4.5 hours a day, thats like 1 hours game play with 3 hours rest and repeat it like 3 more times. Whenever a new FIFA is released, Im on it pretty much all day anyway. If youve got commitments eg family, kids, work etc then I guess thats just life right?

But remember. If you're not working and spending time with your partner 100% of your life then you have no life. Smh
  • Obrj
    219 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    im gonna be doing more squad building than anything.
  • DiddyBCFC
    Obrj wrote: »
    im gonna be doing more squad building than anything.

This <3
    I'm buzzing to have to fish through my catalogue of players every day just to qualify to enter a qualification tournament. Going to be ano interesting transfer market this year.
  • ManzGOTIT
    2227 posts Fans' Favourite
    Damn FUT players won't even see the sunlight ever on weekends lol
  • I SiR MartY I
    5456 posts Big Money Move
    RIP FUT player's social lives.
  • Diggy
    13618 posts Has That Special Something
    I agree 40 is excessive 25 or 30 would have been better
  • ZizioGardo
    1391 posts Professional
    Diggy wrote: »

Why does it even matter? You do not have to play 40 games. You could play 20,10 or even 5 games if you want.
  • TheNakedGod
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited September 2016
    ZizioGardo wrote: »

Why does it even matter? You do not have to play 40 games. You could play 20,10 or even 5 games if you want.

Exactly! This is why so many games get dumbed down because of complaints over CHOICE.

If the max games was 25 or 30 the best prizes would be less. Let the option be there for those who, for whatever reason, get the time.

May be a weekend where it's pouring with rain and wifey has decided to settle down to a marathon Coronation Street bonanza. Who knows.

Bottom line.... vast majority will never play 40 games. Doesn't matter.

Bottom line vast majority won't spend £1000 on fifa points. Doesn't matter.

Just play what you want/can play.
  • Aloeeee x
    78 posts Park Captain
    edited September 2016
    You guys do realise a lot of people will quit a lot of games when they're 2-0 down? As only wins matter...if I'm struggling for time whilst playing on a weekend you can bet your bottom dollar I'm quitting out of a game if I'm getting slapped to finish as many games as I can.
  • DiddyBCFC

Because the prize brackets would be changed to balance over 25 or 30 games instead. I'm not under the impression that if you only play 35 games you'll get nothing.

Basically, if you won 18 of 30 games. You'd get the same reward for say winning 25 of 40.
  • Dylan98SWFC
    1314 posts Professional
    edited September 2016
    There will definitely be more rage quits in this mode I think, it's all about quantity of wins not games completed or w/l ratio. If you're getting smashed, you're better off quitting if you're short on time.
  • Mutu10gol
    2477 posts Fans' Favourite
    they have problems now with the servers.... especially in week-end when sometimes is only a lag fest, imagine with so many games what it will happened,don t get me wrong it is a very nice new feature, i m just sayng...:)
  • Baghdad187
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    40 games in 48 hours.. EA why are doing this? I can't physically do it... I mean i have a life and I play fifa for fun! so you want us to stop going out meeting people playing in the park and instead sit at home for very long hours playing FIFA!! this is unhealthy and irresponsible I think if you made it 72 hours or cut down the number of games it would make more sense..
  • Baghdad187 wrote: »
    40 games in 48 hours.. EA why are doing this? I can't physically do it... I mean i have a life and I play fifa for fun! so you want us to stop going out meeting people playing in the park and instead sit at home for very long hours playing FIFA!! this is unhealthy and irresponsible I think if you made it 72 hours or cut down the number of games it would make more sense..

It is 72 hours I think
  • Baghdad187 wrote: »

It is 72 hours, if you want to be the best, you gotta sacrifice something. Life's a trade-off mate. :wink:
  • Baghdad187
    Baghdad187 wrote: »

It is 72 hours I think

no i Checked its 48hrs ... We all did think it would be 72hrs and if that was the case it would be fine.. but unfortunately its not.
  • Smudge
    4528 posts National Call-Up

It is 72 hours I think

no i Checked its 48hrs ... We all did think it would be 72hrs and if that was the case it would be fine.. but unfortunately its not.

Where did you check?
  • Dylan98SWFC
    1314 posts Professional
    edited September 2016

It is 72 hours I think

It's something we'll have to wait and see. You don't have to play all 40 anyway, in-fact you don't have to play at all. 40 max is fine, I'm sure some would say anything below isn't enough. wait until the game is out to form a proper educated opinion.
  • Baghdad187
    SPDavid23 wrote: »

It is 72 hours, if you want to be the best, you gotta sacrifice something. Life's a trade-off mate. :wink:

show me were it says 72hrs plz
  • ZizioGardo
    1391 posts Professional
    edited September 2016

Because the prize brackets would be changed to balance over 25 or 30 games instead. I'm not under the impression that if you only play 35 games you'll get nothing.

Basically, if you won 18 of 30 games. You'd get the same reward for say winning 25 of 40.

If it was changed from 40 to 25-30 matches, then the prizes would be different and not as good.

People shouldn't complain about the 40 matches. Just play as many as you can and collect your reward. Every reward is pretty good IMO. You got nothing to lose.
  • DiddyBCFC
    It's 72 hours. Watch the reveal ..
  • tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    EA forgot that people have lives. 40 games is way too much, especially if games can go into extra time and penalties. You're better off quitting if you are getting beat than playing the game out. 25 would be more reasonable in my opinion.
  • illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner
    I won't be able to make it anyway, so it's of no concern to me :lol: