The American Soccer Lounge (National Team & MLS)

Comments

• SuperSonicSean
    5968 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2017
    Well, it's that time of year again. FIFA 17 is finished and it's time to show off the IFs again. Ladies and gentlemen, I proudly present the FIFA 17 MLS Collection!
    Photo_2017_09_14_05_05_41_PM.png
    Photo_2017_09_14_05_07_38_PM.png

(I'm kinda mad the untradables go after the tradables. It messes up the flow, but whatever).
  • Ryno
    6143 posts Big Money Move
    RayS wrote: »
    Ryno wrote: »
    All in all, a pretty good year! Can't wait for 18
    l5Kn7cf.jpg
    hlkaRRB.jpg
    yDVAicg.jpg
    daUfDIX.jpg
    JGodZIE.jpg
    uKZSRfG.jpg

Wow very nice collection! Frame it and hang it on your wall!

No Bronze IF Mensah?

**** I forgot to add him into the squad for the picture. Cba to load up 17 again this year :lol:

• Antparry92
    17669 posts World Class
    Well, it's that time of year again. FIFA 17 is finished and it's time to show off the IFs again. Ladies and gentlemen, I proudly present the FIFA 17 MLS Collection!

(I'm kinda mad the untradables go after the tradables. It messes up the flow, but whatever).

You make me sick!

lovely collection though
  • hockeyphenom87
    7050 posts Big Money Move
    That Dempsey card is such poverty. They've crippled him. Rumor is he's a non rare as well. Wtf.

And how did Omar become a silver? Thought Liga MX fans were saying he had a good season.

So many Americans lost pace, sure we gained a few but it's almost like we've hobbled. I'm not entirely sure how Dax McCarty has never been gold. Nikolic being a 75 still and Schweinsteiger with 39 pace is laughable. I feel like the MC guys are the ones doing the MLS ratings.
  • Antparry92
    17669 posts World Class
    edited September 2017
    Finally :) meant getting rid of BDay Cole though
    b353b143673060affabe5bf154dc8548.png
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    And how did Omar become a silver? Thought Liga MX fans were saying he had a good season.

At the end of the day, his only change was -1 DEF. With a chem style, he'll be a 6'5" silver CB with ~95 jumping and 99 strength.

That being said, with Cameron/Gonzalez/Lalas no longer being available as gold CBs, we need that gold Hedges (yet to be announced) more than ever.
  • hockeyphenom87

At the end of the day, his only change was -1 DEF. With a chem style, he'll be a 6'5" silver CB with ~95 jumping and 99 strength.

That being said, with Cameron/Gonzalez/Lalas no longer being available as gold CBs, we need that gold Hedges (yet to be announced) more than ever.

Still bogus though. I feel like they changed it just to make him silver.

So Cameron is a CDM for sure?
  • RayS
    25552 posts Player of the Year

Beautiful. Nice color scheme overall tbh
  • RayS
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Finally :) meant getting rid of BDay Cole though
    b353b143673060affabe5bf154dc8548.png

Very nice. It's such a good feeling when u do an SBC and see your reward come up there
  • Chubbs
    14364 posts Has That Special Something
    It's doesn't really mean anything I guess but Atlanta breaking the MLS attendance record this weekend and just in general getting 70k+ to a game is insane in the south on a college football Saturday.
  • bear wrote: »
    I wonder if they'll give BWP the gold card he deserves as the most prolific scorer in the league history

He is a 75 NR. NYRB posted their top 5 cards on instagram
  • hockeyphenom87
    Howard has some mediocre stats. Going to be tough this year with Americans. Need some informs quickly from a fullback, hopefully Howard and a Dempsey inform early on would be ideal.
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    Felt like this was an appropriate squad to use in the last week of FIFA:

yb4Wywx.jpg
  • hockeyphenom87

yb4Wywx.jpg

Too poor to afford the actual cards Frank?

:trollface:
  • RayS

yb4Wywx.jpg

Lol make sure u use the full loans of all players
  • HBK1925
    1899 posts Fans' Favourite
    If Kaka retires this year I wanna see an end of an era SBC for him. Would be amazing to link with all the other brazilians and can probably get away with making a Milan squad with him.
  • CaptEcuador16
    1862 posts Play-Off Hero
    With piatti, Nagbe, and Alessandrini you guys thinking that running a 4321 this year for full MLS squads will work? We're starting to lack in the cam department. Also if 18 is anything like 17, the midfielders we have will really struggle
  • SuperSonicSean

You make me sick!
    lovely collection though

You make me sick in fantasy haha. Only time you can pass me is when I forget to set my lineup.
    Thanks man.

Beautiful. Nice color scheme overall tbh

Thanks. I'm pleased with the collection this year. 78 unique cards of all colors. I wish we got more quality defenders, but there's always hope for next year (or hybrids).
  • SuperSonicSean
    HBK1925 wrote: »
    If Kaka retires this year I wanna see an end of an era SBC for him. Would be amazing to link with all the other brazilians and can probably get away with making a Milan squad with him.

Don't forget Pirlo. He should be getting one this year too.
  • Antparry92
    17669 posts World Class
    It's alright @SuperSonicSean you might be able to pass me again this week seeing as you only pass me when I forget to set my side like this week :joy:
  • hockeyphenom87
    With piatti, Nagbe, and Alessandrini you guys thinking that running a 4321 this year for full MLS squads will work? We're starting to lack in the cam department. Also if 18 is anything like 17, the midfielders we have will really struggle

Schweinsteiger will be alright if you can manage the lack of pace. There's Dzemaili, Bradley, Jones is still solid, Dax, Feilhaber, Nguyen, Almiron, Lodeiro on 7 chem, etc. We have decent midfielders but like always until some hit an inform or two, theyll be inferior to the big leagues.
  • Antparry92
    17669 posts World Class

Schweinsteiger will be alright if you can manage the lack of pace. There's Dzemaili, Bradley, Jones is still solid, Dax, Feilhaber, Nguyen, Almiron, Lodeiro on 7 chem, etc. We have decent midfielders but like always until some hit an inform or two, theyll be inferior to the big leagues.

Personally I think they're usually solid until Christmas and then people's teams start to get more stacked
  • Antparry92
    17669 posts World Class
    Ossie and Josef just aren't doing it for me anymore but I'm too poor to replace them :joy:
    Gerrard is just a cut above the rest and shows how much of a difference high end players make

Put Beasley in for Cole seeing as I used Cole for Gerrard and what a difference having a decent fullback does...Beasley was trash and was gassed by half time, and to think use used him all year till BDay Cole came out
  • SuperSonicSean
    It's alright @SuperSonicSean you might be able to pass me again this week seeing as you only pass me when I forget to set my side like this week :joy:

I forgot mine too. At this rate we're gonna be competing for 3rd pretty soon lol.
    I need the MLS App to have dedicated MLS Fantasy support with notifications for if you forgot to set your lineup, or a player in your starting XI is a late scratch.
  • Antparry92
    17669 posts World Class

I forgot mine too. At this rate we're gonna be competing for 3rd pretty soon lol.
    I need the MLS App to have dedicated MLS Fantasy support with notifications for if you forgot to set your lineup, or a player in your starting XI is a late scratch.

It is a bit of a pain when the midweeks catch you out slacking and creep up on you
  • Antparry92
    17669 posts World Class
    Stick with this
    fd233e71c3c2af5e6da9ceeb8d9d6d9a.jpg
    Or sell Bradley for AS Schwein or AS Almiron
    d1e44d028fc0cf0bb2b9066a08030789.jpg
  • RayS
    Stick with this

Never used 85 Bradley, but his TOTS card is super OP... and super expensive still i think. Love AS Almiron too tho. Might be worth upgrading to him. Never tried Schweiny
  • Antparry92
    17669 posts World Class
    edited September 2017
    Stick with this

Never used 85 Bradley, but his TOTS card is super OP... and super expensive still i think. Love AS Almiron too tho. Might be worth upgrading to him. Never tried Schweiny
    Bradley is alright. He doesn't set the world on fire but he holds his own. Just thought for the price of the AS players it might be worth upgrading
  • RayS
    Stick with this

Bradley is alright. He doesn't set the world on fire but he holds his own. Just thought for the price of the AS players it might be worth upgrading

AS Almiron has some very decent shooting too
  • Antparry92
    17669 posts World Class
    Anyone playing with wingers next year? :joy:
    c2657b99792e6533b4d56dddbe00b36d.jpg