Custom tactics in FUT

LoboNobo
6318 posts Big Money Move
I've heard somewhere that in FIFA 17 UT you will be able to apply different custom tactics to different squads from the squad menu. Can anyone confirm?

Comments

• Shaanxz
    19308 posts World Class
    LoboNobo wrote: »
    I've heard somewhere that in FIFA 17 UT you will be able to apply different custom tactics to different squads from the squad menu. Can anyone confirm?

Dunno about different tactics for different squads! But yeah you can change tactics on The squad screen where you do player instructions and kit numbers etc
  • Retro_G
    25563 posts Player of the Year
    Tactics should have a big role in a competitive game. Mental is half the battle in a football game. This is one area, in which E.A. can learn a lot from PES.

You can switch real world tactics in game, on the fly in PES 17, the A.I. will replicate that accurately. Tiki-taka, gengepress, Attacking fullbacks, wingplay ect.

They you also have defensive tactics such as swarm the box, deep defensive line, zonal, man to man marking. Huge amount of depth with tactics on PES and only touching the surface here.

Tactics, defending, A.I. is the top three problem area's with Fifa, hopefully E.A. can rectify these issues going forward with the Frostbite engine.
  • LoboNobo
    Shaanxz wrote: »

Dunno about different tactics for different squads! But yeah you can change tactics on The squad screen where you do player instructions and kit numbers etc

That's good enough for me. I'd assume they will work for each squad though, just like player roles/kit numbers etc.
  • Shaanxz
    19308 posts World Class

That's good enough for me. I'd assume they will work for each squad though, just like player roles/kit numbers etc.

Yeah, if you set one Tactic for one squad, the others will have it as well
  • Dylan98SWFC
    1314 posts Professional
    As long as they save, they're too much effort to do currently.
  • Shaanxz
    19308 posts World Class

Yeah they do, but when you switch off your console you have to do them again. But it isn't time consuming since its in squad tab now
  • LoboNobo

Yeah they do, but when you switch off your console you have to do them again. But it isn't time consuming since its in squad tab now

So they reset when you turn the game off in 17?
  • Shaanxz
    19308 posts World Class

So they reset when you turn the game off in 17?

That's what happend in beta iirc
  • raz5229
    1091 posts Professional
    They saved in the beta, even when console switched off.