The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

What's wrong with the chem system...

Barslund
4644 posts National Call-Up
Teams like this is why it needs to be changed.
kaudPBE.png

Comments

• Florianr104
    4303 posts National Call-Up
    That's enough sweat for today for me
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Probably a good example why CF>CAM cards should be removed
  • WFCBagnall
    75747 posts Moderator
    Sturridge Cm imo
  • Barslund
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Sturridge Cm imo

Naah, it's Welbeck for the High/High

Just shows that def stat doesn't matter that much - sadly.
  • Barslund
    Rumplefish wrote: »

Rather, they should change it so a player can only move 1 position forwards/backwards.
    So ST can be CF
    CF can be ST/CAM
    CAM can be CF/CM
    CM can be CAM/CDM
    CDM can be CM
  • ChrisLFC
    7304 posts Big Money Move

Why can't someone like Raffael play CAM?
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    ChrisLFC wrote: »

Why can't someone like Raffael play CAM?

He can, he'll just be CF instead of CAM
  • Notformeclive
    2454 posts Fans' Favourite
    The positions on the actual cards should be removed, it should be just the players face and his rating.
    They already have the information as to what positions the player can realistically play, why not just say they can get full chemistry in any of those positions and that's it.

For example:

image_16.img.jpg

Rosana (first picture I found :smile: ) would get full chem in RM/LM and LB, anywhere else chem is poor.

Of course they won't do it because then people wouldn't have to bugger about with position change cards and the like, but that's how it should be.
  • Whitebeard
    3442 posts National Call-Up
    I always loved how messi could play RM and lose chem if you place him at CM, but you can put Aubameyang at CDM without penalty.
  • Barslund wrote: »
    Teams like this is why it needs to be changed.
    kaudPBE.png

CTs for this please
  • Frankenberry
    10215 posts Has That Special Something
    The positions on the actual cards should be removed, it should be just the players face and his rating.
    They already have the information as to what positions the player can realistically play, why not just say they can get full chemistry in any of those positions and that's it.

For example:

image_16.img.jpg

Rosana (first picture I found :smile: ) would get full chem in RM/LM and LB, anywhere else chem is poor.

Of course they won't do it because then people wouldn't have to bugger about with position change cards and the like, but that's how it should be.

Saying that a player usually plays LM, but also occasionally plays LB and RM, is not exactly the same thing as saying that player should be 100% effective at LM, 100% effective at LB, and 100% effective at RM.
  • w4rsh0tta
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special

For example:

image_16.img.jpg

Saying that a player usually plays LM, but also occasionally plays LB and RM, is not exactly the same thing as saying that player should be 100% effective at LM, 100% effective at LB, and 100% effective at RM.

Yes but at least it's positions that they actually played in real life and is capable of playing it. Diego Costa isn't capable of playing CDM.

JtqtSjz.png

Yet can only play LW or RM ingame. Funny thing is you can use Mata as a Right forward. The system is so flawed.
  • Frankenberry
    10215 posts Has That Special Something
    w4rsh0tta wrote: »

For example:

image_16.img.jpg

Yes but at least it's positions that they actually played in real life and is capable of playing it. Diego Costa isn't capable of playing CDM.

JtqtSjz.png

Yet can only play LW or RM ingame. Funny thing is you can use Mata as a Right forward. The system is so flawed.

As a counterpoint, I do not really ever see Diego Costa (or any ST) playing CDM in FUT, nor is it an effective/overpowered strategy. The fact that someone can attempt this strategy does not really bother me, mainly since it never really happens (or works out).

In response to your Mata post ("can only play LW or RM ingame"), he can actually play any position you want. Put him at CM on 7 chem if you'd like. Even though a 7 chem player performs worse, it's similar to real-life players who can play multiple positions, but are slightly worse or better at some. Saying Mata is a RM/CAM/CM in real-life does not mean he is 100% equally effective at all three positions.
  • Peter69hc
    2170 posts Fans' Favourite
    The thing about this team, in previous FIFAs it would be unreal, but in this one surely it would be easy to beat?
  • PapaQuibs
    220 posts Sunday League Hero
    @Frankenberry your right he's more effective as a CAM
  • tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    They should just remove chem
  • MaddMike3711
    11482 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2016
    w4rsh0tta wrote: »

For example:

image_16.img.jpg

JtqtSjz.png

As a counterpoint, I do not really ever see Diego Costa (or any ST) playing CDM in FUT, nor is it an effective/overpowered strategy. The fact that someone can attempt this strategy does not really bother me, mainly since it never really happens (or works out).

In response to your Mata post ("can only play LW or RM ingame"), he can actually play any position you want. Put him at CM on 7 chem if you'd like. Even though a 7 chem player performs worse, it's similar to real-life players who can play multiple positions, but are slightly worse or better at some. Saying Mata is a RM/CAM/CM in real-life does not mean he is 100% equally effective at all three positions.
    I played someone the other day with TOTS Aduriz at CDM. :D

Oh and someone else I played last night had a full legend team with a NIF Ibra at CM.
    His midfield was Suker-?-Ibra. :/
  • nextqprmanager
    3365 posts National Call-Up
    But because of chemgate etc. with no EA explanation, players` will continue to experiment
  • They Caged Non
    5801 posts Big Money Move
    favoured positions ftw. works a treat in career mode, then you can use full backs as wingers IF they like playing there, CBs as CDM if they like playing there etc.
  • kokogunmu
    148 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This team is on X1. I came up against it yesterday. Thankfully he played decently and didn't spam long balls or high pressure. I would have quit.