Custom tactic switch back to standard.

Loke1
401 posts Sunday League Hero
This is a problem I have when playing FUT. I choose Custom Tactic, and go back to playing. Than I realize that the players are not following the new tactic, so I go back and there the tactic has "jumped" back to standard tactic. Anyone have an explanation to this? And more important, a solution?

Comments

• indcolts18288
    4536 posts National Call-Up
    Happens all the time which is why I just use player instructions and don't even mess with the custom tactics.
  • nextqprmanager
    3249 posts National Call-Up
    Loke1, I said this months ago - I have found that your CT`s are not being used if your opponent pauses the game - always check, but sometimes it goes to default which should be your CT`s
  • Loke1
    Loke1, I said this months ago - I have found that your CT`s are not being used if your opponent pauses the game - always check, but sometimes it goes to default which should be your CT`s

Thank you, @nextqprmanager and it is nothing to do with it other than going in and checking it?
  • Loke1
    Happens all the time which is why I just use player instructions and don't even mess with the custom tactics.

And it is so annoying @indcolts18288 isn´nt it?
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    edited September 2016
    CTs reverting to "standard" only ever happens to me when I can't find an opponent (or I quit before the game)... I ALWAYS check them before i play. It only takes a few seconds.
  • Loke1
    stevvix wrote: »
    CTs reverting to "standard" only ever happens to me when I can't find an opponent (or I quit before the game)... I ALWAYS check them before i play. It only takes a few seconds.

I don´t think I follow you here @stevvix
    You have to start a game to set it to CT, right? And after the start if check it more often then not it is back to standard. Then I switch it, but the next time i check it normally is back til Standard.
  • nextqprmanager
    Loke1 wrote: »

You have to start a game to set it to CT, right? And after the start if check it more often then not it is back to standard. Then I switch it, but the next time i check it normally is back til Standard.

If my opponent has paused the game & I am hanging around for 30 secs / ^ at ht, I check my CT & sometimes its has changed to poss or hp without me doing it.
    If it says default, then this is normally your CT reverted to default - you can check by pressing sq
  • Loke1

If my opponent has paused the game & I am hanging around for 30 secs / ^ at ht, I check my CT & sometimes its has changed to poss or hp without me doing it.
    If it says default, then this is normally your CT reverted to default - you can check by pressing sq

Got it. Thank you, @nextqprmanager
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner

Sorry, the above is total rubbish. I was a bit worse for wear last night!

I go into a totw game to set tactics and back out. I then go into seasons and search for a match. If my oppo pulls out before the match has started my CTs always revert to the default settings... as said, I check them before every match anyway. At least that bit was correct :)
  • indcolts18288
    4536 posts National Call-Up

And it is so annoying @indcolts18288 isn´nt it?

Yes. Makes the whole thing completely pointless.
  • Gazza74
    1114 posts Professional
    I`ve set them before a game and then at HT i checked and it was at default, no body paused the game in the first half either....seems random as it sometimes happens and sometimes does not.
  • Cresswell_86
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    i think you can also do this by setting them up once you've been matched to your opponent. when at the final ready screen, go & set your custom tactics up. Usually i can set them in 10-15 seconds & the opponent doesn't leave.

This only saves if you do it when your matched as the home team though.

I do usually also set them from the Team of the week challenge & come back.. but most times i forget & remember when i'm about to start my first game. I think its happened that many times now its what made me realize it only saves if your the home team..
  • Kamilflage
    4500 posts National Call-Up
    How is this still a problem lol...custom tactics has been a mission to set for so long! It's such as easy thing to fix yet these clown developers won't do it.
  • nextqprmanager
    mine just cahnged to possession then long ball during a game - whats the point?
  • Dado BL
    1260 posts Professional
    I think it sets back your tactics as default. If you set CTs they will show as default and they are your CTs