Weekend football thread - the second coming

Comments

  • Reus
    22437 posts Club Captain
    Carragher is about to rip into Pogba.

    Lol Why? for City taking him out of the game?

    For being an overrated show pony maybe
  • hoban95
    48510 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Come on Lukaku and Bolasie!
  • LFC Simon 98
    16612 posts World Class
    Carragher is about to rip into Pogba.

    Lol Why? for City taking him out of the game?

    Should have watched the clips mate. 1st half he was all over the place, completely out of position for pretty much the whole half and left Fellaini to deal with De Bruyne and Silva all of the 1st half.

    Now imagine the hate I would get for saying that
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31671 posts National Team Captain
    Carragher is about to rip into Pogba.

    Lol Why? for City taking him out of the game?

    Should have watched the clips mate. 1st half he was all over the place, completely out of position for pretty much the whole half and left Fellaini to deal with De Bruyne and Silva all of the 1st half.

    I'll check it out. But I think Mou wants him to have that freedom, while Fellaini/whoever stays back and plays defensively. the problem with the pair is Fellaini does whatever he wants he doesn't stay back either. When Ander came on, he had the discipline to stay back and mark KDB and the game changed completely.

    Who knows. Lol. The Euros is a prime example of what happens when you restrict Pogba. City took Pogba out, so he had to move around to get open and on the ball.

    It's whatever. I'm over it, probably the only time we've lost to City and I was pissed off. If LVG was still in charge City may have hit double digits. on to the next match.
  • Dan is Clutch
    24573 posts Club Captain
    edited September 2016
    Mate, just watch the clips. Fellaini was in good defensive positions for the 1st half. He was left in about 30 yards of midfield space with De Bruyne and Silva around him constantly. Pogba was constantly out of position. As Carra was saying, there is no way that Mourinho, being the defensive minded coach he is, would have instructed Pogba to go and play wherever he wants and leave Afroman by himself against 2 of the best players in the league.

    You're better off finding the clip of Carragher talking about it then listening to me, he has the clips and can show exactly what i'm trying to explain much easier. :joy:
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31671 posts National Team Captain
    Mate, just watch the clips. Fellaini was in good defensive positions for the 1st half. He was left in about 30 yards of midfield space with De Bruyne and Silva around him constantly. Pogba was constantly out of position. As Carra was saying, there is no way that Mourinho, being the defensive minded coach he is, would have instructed Pogba to go and play wherever he wants and leave Afroman by himself against 2 of the best players in the league.

    You're better off finding the clip of Carragher talking about it then listening to me, he has the clips and can show exactly what i'm trying to explain much easier. :joy:

    Oh I agree he's not going to be like yeah go attack do whatever, I just don't think he'd restrict him either. Not saying Pogba isn't to blame at all, of course he is, at the end of the day he's a CM. I think he moved around so much cuz City were trying to mark him out the game.

    I'll try and find it
  • Dan is Clutch
    24573 posts Club Captain
    Mate, just watch the clips. Fellaini was in good defensive positions for the 1st half. He was left in about 30 yards of midfield space with De Bruyne and Silva around him constantly. Pogba was constantly out of position. As Carra was saying, there is no way that Mourinho, being the defensive minded coach he is, would have instructed Pogba to go and play wherever he wants and leave Afroman by himself against 2 of the best players in the league.

    You're better off finding the clip of Carragher talking about it then listening to me, he has the clips and can show exactly what i'm trying to explain much easier. :joy:

    Oh I agree he's not going to be like yeah go attack do whatever, I just don't think he'd restrict him either. Not saying Pogba isn't to blame at all, of course he is, at the end of the day he's a CM. I think he moved around so much cuz City were trying to mark him out the game.

    I'll try and find it

    Should be able to find it somewhere on youtube mate. Maybe not until a bit later.
  • Snipguy
    12983 posts Has That Special Something
    Is this the one? @dan is clutch

  • Dan is Clutch
    24573 posts Club Captain
    Snipguy wrote: »
    Is this the one? @dan is clutch


    That's the one mate.
  • Reus
    22437 posts Club Captain
    Lukaku should have scored that

    Anywhere but straight at the keeper
  • Pugzilla
    15818 posts World Class
    Carragher is about to rip into Pogba.

    Lol Why? for City taking him out of the game?

    Should have watched the clips mate. 1st half he was all over the place, completely out of position for pretty much the whole half and left Fellaini to deal with De Bruyne and Silva all of the 1st half.

    Now imagine the hate I would get for saying that

  • Snipguy
    12983 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2016
    Snipguy wrote: »
    Is this the one? @dan is clutch


    That's the one mate.

    Of course Carra is loving the chance to get some digs in, but he has very valid points.

    Either Mous instructions to Pogba have been very uncharacteristic for the Mourinho style of play, or Pogba is trying to fill way bigger boots, trying to grasp the game himself by doing essentially what he wants. And therefore not doing what Mourinho has instructed him to to.
  • Dan is Clutch
    24573 posts Club Captain
    Snipguy wrote: »
    Snipguy wrote: »
    Is this the one? @dan is clutch


    That's the one mate.

    Of course Carra is loving the chance to get some digs in, but he has very valid points.

    Either Mous instructions to Pogba have been very uncharacteristic for the Mourinho style of play, or Pogba is trying to fill way bigger boots, trying to grasp the game himself by doing essentially what he wants. And therefore not doing what Mourinho has instructed to.

    Yeah of course Carra will take any chance he can but as you say, he has valid points.

    There's not a chance that Mourinho would have told Pogba to do what he's doing in those clips. I just can't believe he would want him leaving that area of the pitch in that much space with 2 of the most dangerous players on the pitch having all the space to do whatever they wished.
  • Snipguy
    12983 posts Has That Special Something
    Snipguy wrote: »
    Snipguy wrote: »
    Is this the one? @dan is clutch


    That's the one mate.

    Of course Carra is loving the chance to get some digs in, but he has very valid points.

    Either Mous instructions to Pogba have been very uncharacteristic for the Mourinho style of play, or Pogba is trying to fill way bigger boots, trying to grasp the game himself by doing essentially what he wants. And therefore not doing what Mourinho has instructed to.

    Yeah of course Carra will take any chance he can but as you say, he has valid points.

    There's not a chance that Mourinho would have told Pogba to do what he's doing in those clips. I just can't believe he would want him leaving that area of the pitch in that much space with 2 of the most dangerous players on the pitch having all the space to do whatever they wished.

    Yeah, i completely agree.

    Might be bit of a jump to conclusion, but i wonder where this resonates from.

    One guess would be the price-tag, move and the role media has put him in has caused him to buy into the hype.

    He is no one man army to carry the whole team as of yet, guessing Mourinho will use some strict methods to get him back in to the line.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31671 posts National Team Captain
    edited September 2016
    Snipguy wrote: »
    Is this the one? @dan is clutch


    That's the one mate.

    Yeah seeing that can't argue with that. I didn't realize some of the points he was pointing out like Pogba trying to occupy space that Lingard/Rooney were at the same time. He's right overall. Getting a bit premature at times. I just know as he half went on, it was flipped at times and Fellaini was holding hands with Ibra. And then the 2nd half was obviously different because tactics changed.

    Onto the next game. can just hope players improve and learn. Pogba is taking the loss the right way though, not treating it as a loss but rather a mistake to learn from based off what he said about the game

    And @LFC Simon 98 I don't hate you anything if that comment was directed at me. I wouldn't give you hate either. Only "hate" you would have got is if Womb was still here and you had something negative to say about any AFC player
  • Dan is Clutch
    24573 posts Club Captain
    Snipguy wrote: »
    Snipguy wrote: »
    Snipguy wrote: »
    Is this the one? @dan is clutch


    That's the one mate.

    Of course Carra is loving the chance to get some digs in, but he has very valid points.

    Either Mous instructions to Pogba have been very uncharacteristic for the Mourinho style of play, or Pogba is trying to fill way bigger boots, trying to grasp the game himself by doing essentially what he wants. And therefore not doing what Mourinho has instructed to.

    Yeah of course Carra will take any chance he can but as you say, he has valid points.

    There's not a chance that Mourinho would have told Pogba to do what he's doing in those clips. I just can't believe he would want him leaving that area of the pitch in that much space with 2 of the most dangerous players on the pitch having all the space to do whatever they wished.

    Yeah, i completely agree.

    Might be bit of a jump to conclusion, but i wonder where this resonates from.

    One guess would be the price-tag, move and the role media has put him in has caused him to buy into the hype.

    He is no one man army to carry the whole team as of yet, guessing Mourinho will use some strict methods to get him back in to the line.

    Yeah i think that might have some say in it. He's also gone from playing in a team that dominate it's league every year to a team that is fighting for top 4. I think that's a big difference as well.
  • Pugzilla
    15818 posts World Class
    I said Pogba's defending was poor and Richie jumped on me right away on Saturday's stream :joy:
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31671 posts National Team Captain
    edited September 2016
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    I said Pogba's defending was poor and Richie jumped on me right away on Saturday's stream :joy:

    lmao. Because that's not how you said it :joy: you essentially blamed the entire loss on him which isn't the case or are we going to ignore Blinds poor defending? Or Ibra having a mare of a game and missing the 2nd easiest chance of the entire game
  • LFC Simon 98
    16612 posts World Class
    The "hate" I was on about is all these united fans who weren't very evident last year and now there are loads of them who don't allow you to say anything bad about United because I'm a Liverpool fan so it's impossible for me to have a balanced view on other teams
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31671 posts National Team Captain
    edited September 2016
    The "hate" I was on about is all these united fans who weren't very evident last year and now there are loads of them who don't allow you to say anything bad about United because I'm a Liverpool fan so it's impossible for me to have a balanced view on other teams

    Yeah there's a few in that thread that I've never seen before haha like that burnzo dude
  • Antparry92
    17529 posts World Class
    Love seeing Januzaj being this positive and playing well. Actually looks like it's sunk in and he's realised he has to scrap as well as do the nice stuff.
    Bolasie has been excellent so far, so many balls in on a plate
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31671 posts National Team Captain
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Love seeing Januzaj being this positive and playing well. Actually looks like it's sunk in and he's realised he has to scrap as well as do the nice stuff.
    Bolasie has been excellent so far, so many balls in on a plate

    I've been saying for a while that he's still a good player with something to offer. He's just got to keep his attitude in check.
  • LFC Simon 98
    16612 posts World Class
    The "hate" I was on about is all these united fans who weren't very evident last year and now there are loads of them who don't allow you to say anything bad about United because I'm a Liverpool fan so it's impossible for me to have a balanced view on other teams

    Yeah there's a few in that thread that I've never seen before haha like that burnzo dude

    Yea the likes of him are the ones I'm on about. Any hate and they go crazy
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31671 posts National Team Captain
    The "hate" I was on about is all these united fans who weren't very evident last year and now there are loads of them who don't allow you to say anything bad about United because I'm a Liverpool fan so it's impossible for me to have a balanced view on other teams

    Yeah there's a few in that thread that I've never seen before haha like that burnzo dude

    Yea the likes of him are the ones I'm on about. Any hate and they go crazy

    Tbf, there's guys like that for every team though. United just seems to be pulling in more. I'd rather they go back to city personally. Lol.
  • Antparry92
    17529 posts World Class
    I hate Watmore. Absolutely terrible player, workhorse and that is it. He's like a **** Dirk Kuyt
  • hoban95
    48510 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Sh*test game going this
  • Antparry92
    17529 posts World Class
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Sh*test game going this

    You clearly didn't watch Boro vs West Brom super Sunday then....
  • hoban95
    48510 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Sh*test game going this

    You clearly didn't watch Boro vs West Brom super Sunday then....

    Nah i gave that a miss :joy:
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Carragher was spot on. That's why I like MNF, they don't just say "Pogba was bad" they back it up with stats/clips.

    It's a shame they didn't show more of the second half where Pogba had more freedom and it worked better.

    We don't need two CDMs versus "lower" teams so he can go wherever he wants and it won't really matter. But against top teams it won't work. Pretty much as Carragher said.

    P.s. Why have got low-rent Neville tonight?
  • Reus
    22437 posts Club Captain
    How many chances has lukaku missed the last few games
Sign In or Register to comment.